Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tid bit nippy. That's for sure.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't miss visiting the north country during the winter. Family trips up to Ogdensburg and Canton at Christmas time were brutal.

Loved watching the thermometer on my car drop as I left the garage and drove to work. It was 26 degrees in my garage and by the time I got to work it was 1 degree.

Stay warm everyone!

I don't miss visiting the north country during the winter. Family trips up to Ogdensburg and Canton at Christmas time were brutal.

Loved watching the thermometer on my car drop as I left the garage and drove to work. It was 26 degrees in my garage and by the time I got to work it was 1 degree.

Stay warm everyone!

It was -37° on Wednesday. Glad I wasn't here for that!!!!!

That just isn't right. Honestly after having a day like that I'd start packing everything I have right then and there to head south.

That just isn't right. Honestly after having a day like that I'd start packing everything I have right then and there to head south.

God have mercy on me. I wanna!

Was that with Wind Chill or without? If that is without, that is flat out ridiculous. It was -6 or -7 here the other day and that hurt..

Was that with Wind Chill or without? If that is without, that is flat out ridiculous. It was -6 or -7 here the other day and that hurt..

Without. Straight up temps. It was -40's with wind chill...

Last edited:
Workout. Straight up temps. It was -40's with wind chill...

I am getting cold just thinking about it.

I am getting cold just thinking about it.

Maybe this will help.....
ebe7u9ev.jpg

I'll be playing in 70 degrees tomorrow on a tropical course, in an office suite that is.

What a bunch of wimps. Suck it up, it's winter for cryin out loud! :tremble:

Without. Straight up temps. It was -40's with wind chill...

Where exactly are you? Seems a little cold for the 9th circle of hell :)

What a bunch of wimps. Suck it up, it's winter for cryin out loud! :tremble:

Says the guy who thought it was too cold to golf when the temperature was in the 40s.. :alien:

Where exactly are you? Seems a little cold for the 9th circle of hell :)

Fort Drum. And the Ninth Circle of Hell is actually covered in ice if Dante's Inferno is accurate!

Says the guy who thought it was too cold to golf when the temperature was in the 40s.. :alien:

I also seem to remember getting some "too cold" comments from Shankosaurus about our Seneca Hickory Stick outing :)
I would bet some of these recent bitter cold temps are even a little much for skiing too.

I'll be playing in 70 degrees tomorrow on a tropical course, in an office suite that is.

Jealous! I won't be back on the sim till Tuesday or Wed!

Nice!! checking out the Doug Miller Sim tomorrow as well

I hope it actually translates to the course in the spring.

Just the fact that you get to keep swinging and make full swings will help a lot. It did for me last year for sure. I'm really glad I found a place I can play in the winter. I'd be dreading the lay off.

Just the fact that you get to keep swinging and make full swings will help a lot. It did for me last year for sure. I'm really glad I found a place I can play in the winter. I'd be dreading the lay off.

I've never practiced in the winter before this year, only watched videos and very minor things. That has really hampered me in the past because it takes me 1/3 of the year to get back to where I was the year before with a lot of frustration along the way. In no way am I trying to be full of myself when I say I honestly think I'd have probably a 15 handicap if I was doing this kind of winter practice since I started playing this game 3 years ago.

I am about a 20 handicap right now.

So, we had this discussion at the range the other day how the media ignores other players just to focus on Tiger, good or bad.
Front page of ESPN.com, "Tiger begins '14 with 72 at Torrey", no mention of Cink's 64 until you get into the article, and even then it just mentions it in reference to Tiger trailing him.

So, we had this discussion at the range the other day how the media ignores other players just to focus on Tiger, good or bad.
Front page of ESPN.com, "Tiger begins '14 with 72 at Torrey", no mention of Cink's 64 until you get into the article, and even then it just mentions it in reference to Tiger trailing him.

This is a great topic - I would start a thread on this one. A lot of THPers will have thoughts on this topic.

This is a great topic - I would start a thread on this one. A lot of THPers will have thoughts on this topic.

Thanks Aaron, I think I'll do that. I'll have to make sure my true feelings for him don't come through in the initial post :)

Must be because of the tan line. 0:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back