How do you handle bad rounds?

I take ten minutes and analyze the round. The biggest thing you need to ask yourself is did you follow your pre shot and post shot routines, and did you follow your game plan. If you can say yes to both of these questions it was just a bad day. Forget about it and shake it off. If you know you didn't do either of those thing make sure you do it next round.

I hold on to the good shots I hit. It only takes one good shot, or one good hole to keep my spirits up.

Indeed, it is always that one good shot that keeps us coming back for more punishment.

Indeed, it is always that one good shot that keeps us coming back for more punishment.

Yes.....right now, at least one pared hole or long straight drive is enough for me to come back.

First I ask myself was it my golf or was it something in my life that was, and probably is, wrecking havoc with me. If its golf go work on your what you had problems with. Driver, putting, hybrids, approach to the green 150 yes or less. I think the pros show the way. The finish a round and daylight permitting, they hit the range to work on what they NeeD to.

If its a life thing, you need to be patient with yourself. You are already beat up, rake a break and do something different like play a nice nine Howe, take a clinic, become a student of the game again. Your game will come back, and so will your life. Hang n there
Bud

I think about what went wrong in the round and focus on the next round. A bad day of golf is still better than a day at the office!!

My dad would wrap clubs around trees while on tour. I don't recommend that.

Easy. I tear up the score card and quit giving a d@**. That's usually when I start going on a streak!

Easy. I tear up the score card and quit giving a d@**. That's usually when I start going on a streak!

- Loses 4 clubs and his vaporizer
- promptly drains 30 foot birdie putt on following hole

I blame it on the driver and figure if I had one of those newer ones, I'd be Tiger Woods.

It used to really bother me, to the point i'd make up excuses not to play. Things have changed. If the poor round was do with getting off the tee, I don't get too bothered. I have to play a lot to be consistent off the box. I just remember to shorten my backswing the next time out and that has been working. My other glaring weakness is putting. If that was the major cause of the horrible round, I might grab a couple of beers and go down to the practice area and roll a few.

Not sure about you but I don't get paid to play. You look at the PGA each week and there's plenty of guys that have horrible rounds. They go back with their coaches and find out what went wrong. Next week they're back grinding it out.

Usually have a laugh at myself. Whine a little. Complain about it on internet. Then just try again. I have a solid cycle at THP events. Play one terrible round. Enough to thoroughly embarass myself. Then I play a couple decent ones.

I have a solid cycle at THP events. Play one terrible round. Enough to thoroughly embarass myself. Then I play a couple decent ones.

This... So much this. But it's actually just any time I play with THP'ers.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If time permits, I'll usually head to the range and try to figure out whatever was going wrong, but only a small bucket at most so that I don't reinforce a bad habit that can impact my next round. If I don't have time, I will just try and forget about the round on my way home and start with a clean slate the next time I play.

I would go to the range shortly after. Sometimes, even the range at the course. And like always, I hit them perfect at the range :confused2:

2 beers...then remind myself it's only a game. Think about the good shots, think about what I should have done better on the bad ones. Have another beer.
Check the weather report for the next round.

2 beers...then remind myself it's only a game. Think about the good shots, think about what I should have done better on the bad ones. Have another beer.
Check the weather report for the next round.
This is me. well... this plus the occasional venting on THP :D

This last year I've finally gotten to where I can just let it go, and move on to the next round. I do try to think of what I did wrong to lead to the big number and get practice in to hopefully make it better the next time out. I don't dwell on it though, and try to remind myself of how much good I'm doing compared to where I was not very long ago even.

Totally forget it by the time I am back to my car.

Back