How would you want to win?

Sitting in the clubhouse, enjoying a drink, and have someone come up to me and say, "You won!" and responding with "I know." Then going back to my drink.

Sitting in the clubhouse, enjoying a drink, and have someone come up to me and say, "You won!" and responding with "I know." Then going back to my drink.

That made me laugh, dude. Nice.

I think I would like to cruise to victory by dominating the competition and walk up 18 like a boss.

I would love to have that 6 foot putt to win it all. Sitting in the clubhouse, waiting to see the finishers would drive me nuts.

But you do decide your own fate in every situation. You either shoot a good enough score to win, or you don't. As far as sitting in the clubhouse, you decided your fate (how you won) by not performing well enough the first three rounds to be in the final group(s) but shooting way better than everyone else on Sunday.

If you're out on the course and you know what you need to shoot you can change your strategy if need be. When you're sitting in the clubhouse you at the mercy of the others on the course. I agree you should always play your best and not allow for anyone to be able to catch you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way would be perfect for me, but I've heard the crowed before...so if I had to choose one, I'd choose being in the final pairing and winning it straight up against the other guy.

Either or or.

Sitting in the clubhouse would be anti-climactic though. No crowd cheering you and all that.

A win is a win, but it has to be great to have the crowd cheering you on. That would be my choice.

As long as I win I don't care haha.

What would be great would be to have to make a ridiculous shot and then do it. Like imagine playing with a guy on a part five or right after him he take the lead from you by getting an eagle, and you get a double Eagle. That would be crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It certainly would be awesome to hit a clutch shot to ensure a victory....however, I think I'd rather cruise if I had the choice. Stroll down 18, enjoy your lead, and savor the moment stress-free.

As long as I win I don't care haha.

What would be great would be to have to make a ridiculous shot and then do it. Like imagine playing with a guy on a part five or right after him he take the lead from you by getting an eagle, and you get a double Eagle. That would be crazy.
You might want to be playing against Greg Norman then, haha.

Play my butt off in the first 3 rounds, take a 6 shot lead into the final round, enjoy an easy walk up 18 with a big win. No reason to have a bunch of stress on 18.

Back