The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in North Carolina could it be 65 degrees today and the forecast tomorrow is for 7-10 inches of snow.

Oh really? Maybe today, not normally!

Oh really? Maybe today, not normally!

It's crazy. I know we have huge swings in temperature here this time of year, but this is kind of crazy. I've never even seen the possibility of 10" of snow since I've lived here. We have gotten an inch or two and then it's gone by the same afternoon.

It's crazy. I know we have huge swings in temperature here this time of year, but this is kind of crazy. I've never even seen the possibility of 10" of snow since I've lived here. We have gotten an inch or two and then it's gone by the same afternoon.

My fiacee was just at the grocery store. Said it's a madhouse in there. Not surprising.

My fiacee was just at the grocery store. Said it's a madhouse in there. Not surprising.

Come to the Midwest. Or Northeast.

We had 10 inches in October of 1994 come out of nowhere. Shut down the city for a week!

Come to the Midwest. Or Northeast.

We had 10 inches in October of 1994 come out of nowhere. Shut down the city for a week!

I think I'm good in North Carolina. Thanks though.

I think I'm good in North Carolina. Thanks though.

Oh, come on! hahaha

By the way, the snow didn't shut down the city. It hadn't even gotten cold yet so all the trees still had their leaves. So more snow stayed up in the trees and since it was warm, it was a wet heavy snow. So limbs were down all over the place. My backyard was nothing but limbs and branches! Knocked down a lot of power lines. Major suckage.

I have to do some OSHA certs and its so stupid how they have it set up. I did they whole test in 5.5 hrs. But I have to read it for at least 10. So now every 5 minuets I have to go back and refresh the screen. GRRRRRRR.

I have to do some OSHA certs and its so stupid how they have it set up. I did they whole test in 5.5 hrs. But I have to read it for at least 10. So now every 5 minuets I have to go back and refresh the screen. GRRRRRRR.

What certs are you getting? Just the 10 hour training I assume? I used to give those classes! I had to take the 30 hour training course and then the 30 hour trainer course. Fun stuff.

What certs are you getting? Just the 10 hour training I assume? I used to give those classes! I had to take the 30 hour training course and then the 30 hour trainer course. Fun stuff.

yeah have the 10hr then have to do the 40hr class too

yeah have the 10hr then have to do the 40hr class too

Luckily it's all common sense stuff. I passed both courses and I hadn't even been in the business before!

Heck, I got scaffold certified (to build them) and I don't have a clue how to do it!

Three days left before my promotion file gets sent up for consideration for Sergeant First Class, and some Corporal in our personnel section changes my awards in my records brief (inaccurately, I might add) so that it doesn't match my photo! I hate clerks.

I'm pretty bummed out about not getting in the mc .after spending the last year being involved in everything that I could and going to events the mc was bigger than life .. Sucks not making it in

I'm pretty bummed out about not getting in the mc .after spending the last year being involved in everything that I could and going to events the mc was bigger than life .. Sucks not making it in

The bright side is there are still a ton of amazing events left you can be apart of.

There's plenty of other events though! Start concentrating on those!

Hey man, its unfortunate, but lets support this thing and make it the best event we can! If it goes well there might be another chance for next year, and not only that, but with the Gauntlet, The Grandaddy, and the Bridgestone Championship along with a couple invitationals, there are quite a few AMAZING events left

Yeah I know.. I signed of for HHI , I'll be there. This was a huge emotional let down though. Just ranting

Yep I understand man. Lots of hopefuls, not an infinite number of spots! 2014 is going to be incredible no matter which events you get into

Yeah I know.. I signed of for HHI , I'll be there. This was a huge emotional let down though. Just ranting

Keep an eye on the gauntlet. ..it's something you will really enjoy

Too damn cold in Nashville.

Three days left before my promotion file gets sent up for consideration for Sergeant First Class, and some Corporal in our personnel section changes my awards in my records brief (inaccurately, I might add) so that it doesn't match my photo! I hate clerks.

That stinks, but if it's any consolation, I made the 7 list in 2005 with a 3 year old DA photo. I guess with all the deployments back then, they didn't really expect everyone to have an updated photo.

Another good trick that I've seen plenty of people use is to amend their records after the initial board and resubmit them for another look because of inaccuracies. I can't remember what's it called anymore, I've been out for 8 years now. About 80% of people who resubmitted their stuff after the official board convened made the list. I don't know how much times have changed though.

Oh, come on! hahaha

By the way, the snow didn't shut down the city. It hadn't even gotten cold yet so all the trees still had their leaves. So more snow stayed up in the trees and since it was warm, it was a wet heavy snow. So limbs were down all over the place. My backyard was nothing but limbs and branches! Knocked down a lot of power lines. Major suckage.

We live in different worlds for sure because things will be shut down here for the next couple of days if there is any snow or ice. I think people use it as an excuse to get out of school/work.

We live in different worlds for sure because things will be shut down here for the next couple of days if there is any snow or ice. I think people use it as an excuse to get out of school/work.

They've already cancelled school here for the next 2 days.

I think the main reason is that noone here in equipped for that much snow. There's not enough plows, salt trucks, or salt to begin with and then most vehicles aren't equipped for snow. When I lived up north, we had all season radials and in Pittsburgh we even had studded tires for the winter. When I go to buy tires now, I buy performance tires with no regard to snow performance because it's such a rare occurrence. I go to the mountains near Front Royal, VA to visit friends all the time, so my little SUV has AWD and good all season tires on it and does great in the snow, but my car has performance radials on it. I've put it in gear in the snow and the tires just sit and spin. I can get out of the car with it in gear and watch the back tires just spin in place and the car doesn't move.

Well at least you had the opportunity to be considered at all. I was a little late to the party to be a part of this. Though I think I could use the outfit in your avatar because I am going to be one hell of a cheerleader once this bad mamma jamma kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back