DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
New member from Maryland, just wanted to throw my name in the hat. Subscribed and will keep tabs on this one. Glad to see there's a lot around.

Welcome to THP...you're going to love it here. When the weather is nice, guys from both MD and VA post offers to play together.

I'm in Columbia and play out of Waverly Woods, but I will travel anywhere in the DMV region to play if I'm free.

Welcome to THP...you're going to love it here. When the weather is nice, guys from both MD and VA post offers to play together.

I'm in Columbia and play out of Waverly Woods, but I will travel anywhere in the DMV region to play if I'm free.

That's great! Can't wait for the weather to warm up. I play when I can but with my job and daddy daycare it can be hard. I play mostly at Beaver Creek County Club.

New member in the Northern VA area. Just checking! Today is bitterly cold and I CANNOT wait for it to warm up a bit!

New member in the Northern VA area. Just checking! Today is bitterly cold and I CANNOT wait for it to warm up a bit!

Welcome to the thread! I'm out in Ashburn and play Brambleton and Algonkian a lot if you're ever at those courses. Also, if you're not already tracking your HCP some of us on THP use ushandicap site. http://www.ushandicap.com/home/default.asp

Awesome, thanks for the reference. I've played Brableton maybe once or twice a long while back, but from what I remember, a pleasure to play on. For most of the time I've played golf, I played Fairfax National more times than I would like to admit since it was our home course back when I was in high school. Can't wait to branch out and play more courses available in the area!

While I have been a participant on this site for about 3 months, I just located this thread. I will definitely be monitoring to hopefully get to meet and play some golf with my fellow posters here.

Awesome, thanks for the reference. I've played Brableton maybe once or twice a long while back, but from what I remember, a pleasure to play on. For most of the time I've played golf, I played Fairfax National more times than I would like to admit since it was our home course back when I was in high school. Can't wait to branch out and play more courses available in the area!

Old Fairfax National, thats where I used to play when I lived in Centreville. I think they closed down a few years ago. I am one of the "younger" members at Heritage Hunt in Gainesville but live outside of Warrenton. I know it's a little on the expensive side but it would be good to get a group to play Bull Run in Haymarket one weekend.

Bull Run is doable sometimes on Golfnow or EZlinks.

My brother has been playing Bull Run frequently in the past couple of months when the weather permitted. I've played the course about twice so far now and it has been pretty enjoyable.

So many new faces to this area. We are so excited to be bringing a THP event up to Ocean City this year and seeing all of you. Its going to be a spectacular time.

Bull Run is doable sometimes on Golfnow or EZlinks.

Yeah, I don't mind paying for a nice course. Plus it is one of my favorites in the area. Either way I am open to any course really, just need some warm weather, I hate winter...

My brother has been playing Bull Run frequently in the past couple of months when the weather permitted. I've played the course about twice so far now and it has been pretty enjoyable.

I think with Raspberry taking it over it should fair for the better. It turned into a dog track when they first got it but played there a few months ago and it looked pretty good. Some big houses going in...

So many new faces to this area. We are so excited to be bringing a THP event up to Ocean City this year and seeing all of you. Its going to be a spectacular time.

It always is a good time.

I for one and definitely happy that we are getting an invitational in the area. I am really hoping I can make it out and meet some other members in the area. Hopefully it doesn't sell out as fast as the Hilton Head Invitational.

New member from Maryland, just wanted to throw my name in the hat. Subscribed and will keep tabs on this one. Glad to see there's a lot around.

Whereabouts in Md? I actually live in Bel Air, but I'm so damned tired of not playing I have half a notion to play this course down in Ashland called Hunting Hawk golf club Saturday!

Whereabouts in Md? I actually live in Bel Air, but I'm so damned tired of not playing I have half a notion to play this course down in Ashland called Hunting Hawk golf club Saturday!

I live in western MD, Hagerstown area. I can't wait to see green grass again, but it looks like it's not going to be for a while.

I live in western MD, Hagerstown area. I can't wait to see green grass again, but it looks like it's not going to be for a while.

Cool - I have played a few courses out that way, Black Rock, Greencastle Greens, etc. I actually play in Frederick often..

I for one and definitely happy that we are getting an invitational in the area. I am really hoping I can make it out and meet some other members in the area. Hopefully it doesn't sell out as fast as the Hilton Head Invitational.

Looking forward to meeting you. We will give everybody plenty of heads up as to when signups will open up, so as long as you can block off that time, you should be good to go.

Cool - I have played a few courses out that way, Black Rock, Greencastle Greens, etc. I actually play in Frederick often..

We will have to get together some time. I'm a member at Beaver Creek in Boonsboro. I've only play a few course in Frederick so far. When it gets warmer we will get out.

Looking forward to meeting you. We will give everybody plenty of heads up as to when signups will open up, so as long as you can block off that time, you should be good to go.

Can't I just send you my $50 deposit now and just call it a day =). Even if I lose my job and my house burns down, I'm not missing this event.

Can't I just send you my $50 deposit now and just call it a day =). Even if I lose my job and my house burns down, I'm not missing this event.

well I surely hope so - really hoping to make my 1st THP event.

Looking forward to meeting both of you guys. We have a really awesome event planned for this one.

Glad to see this thread getting some action can't wait till spring and we can get some rounds in.

New Member here, live in Fenwick Island, DE; really looking forward to the event at Rum Pointe; great Course! a locals favorite down here. I really enjoy the information provided on this site, very informative. Can't wait for this Winter to be over! Snow on the Beach makes no sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back