#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

after talking to quite a few people today about the drivers and owning every driver callaway made last year and seeing what worked well for me and what didn't i ended up going with the

Big Bertha Alpha Stiff Flex 9*

I loved the Xtreme last year but hated the shaft i couldn't feel the club head during my swing which really screwed with my swing at times.... i'm interested in seeing how the lower weight shaft works out been a while since i've used one anywhere close to that light, but i know fubuki makes a decent shaft as i have one in my 3 wood, so i think it can handle my swing........ But the Xtremes lower spin helped me hit more fairways last year when i was on with it, and my miss is usually high on the face so knowing i can adjust the core to fix that is great. as for adjusting drivers i usually get fit and leave it so thats another plus for the alpha and the face and head fits my eye better than anything else this year. i'm really excited to see how it works out for me. I think it could be a bomber and i'm also interested to see what loft i end up with after i get fit once i get it.

Not looking forward to playing against buck after he gets his alpha

after talking to quite a few people today about the drivers and owning every driver callaway made last year and seeing what worked well for me and what didn't i ended up going with the

Big Bertha Alpha Stiff Flex 9*

I loved the Xtreme last year but hated the shaft i couldn't feel the club head during my swing which really screwed with my swing at times.... i'm interested in seeing how the lower weight shaft works out been a while since i've used one anywhere close to that light, but i know fubuki makes a decent shaft as i have one in my 3 wood, so i think it can handle my swing........ But the Xtremes lower spin helped me hit more fairways last year when i was on with it, and my miss is usually high on the face so knowing i can adjust the core to fix that is great. as for adjusting drivers i usually get fit and leave it so thats another plus for the alpha and the face and head fits my eye better than anything else this year. i'm really excited to see how it works out for me. I think it could be a bomber and i'm also interested to see what loft i end up with after i get fit once i get it.

Buck we we will get together, you can hit the Alpha all day long of need be. Hopefully I'll have the 2 deep too. Have at it.

Airfare booked, entry paid, driver picked. It's getting real.

Can't wait to find out more :)

i gotta start looking at airfare and making plans on when to arrive and leave.

Spill the beans! Driver? ETA for Orlando?

Spill the beans! Driver? ETA for Orlando?

TheKing actually falls in with a trip down with the wife, kids and my parents. We have done it the last couple of years piggy backing a timeshare my parents have.

I extended the trip a bit on both sides to make up for the king and the added practicing I will do down there before the event. Happy wife, happy life.

Arriving on the 19th and leaving early on the 29th. Lots of family time, golf, new friends, competition, etc. Can't wait!

I am still researching a bit but I am leaning towards:
Big Bertha
Stiff

One question for anyone who has hit the BB...did any of you try the 13.5* head? I want to play it around 11-12* but closing the face to accomplish this scares me.

Forgot about the family trip Jimmy, so I already kinds new the answer! My bad... Gonna be a heck of a fun stretch for you down there.

Out of curiosity, is anyone leaning X2H at this point? Seems like the fat lady is stealing the show ATM haha

Based on what I've read from the Grandaddy guys who have hit both it seems the X2Hot and the Big Bertha aren't necessarily going after different golfers. They both seem to offer a great level of forgiveness with a hot face, and the BB has so many more fine tuning options.

Based on what I've read from the Grandaddy guys who have hit both it seems the X2Hot and the Big Bertha aren't necessarily going after different golfers. They both seem to offer a great level of forgiveness with a hot face, and the BB has so many more fine tuning options.

Correct. And I'd also say the x2hot spins a little more to help with those that might have a lower swing speed and thus could use the spin to create more lift and carry distance

I believe that. I guess I just fail to understand why they released them both if they target very similar golfers. Unless the x2h is the "budget" option. Are the stock shafts drastically different?

Oh, and I'm leaning towards BB 10.5 stiff as well at the moment.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

BB 10.5 stiff seems to be a popular option. Leaning heavily that way.

I believe that. I guess I just fail to understand why they released them both if they target very similar golfers. Unless the x2h is the "budget" option. Are the stock shafts drastically different?

Oh, and I'm leaning towards BB 10.5 stiff as well at the moment.

BB 10.5 stiff seems to be a popular option. Leaning heavily that way.

It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up with their loft and face angle from the same starting point. I am considering going with the 13.5* head still, but man oh man I think that will be tough to commit to without being able to swing it first.
10.5 is the safe choice.

Anyone else not yet picked their driver?

Its down to the Alpha 9* with X stiff or the BB 10.5 in X stiff.

I'm slightly leaning Alpha 9* (almost certainly will be putting the loft up to 10 or 11). The BB would probably start at 10.5. Either way, I'm going to get on the monitor multiple times at golftec to fine tune all the options to maximize the BOOM.

Also JUST BOOKED flights. Buck and myself will be arriving Thursday late morning and leaving Monday first thing. Golf Thursday and Friday is definitely in the works!

I'm with ya golf4life. Down to two choices as well. Same as yours but with S flex.

Glad you got your travel down. Pretty excited to see an itinerary once ready.

So close!

I'm slightly leaning Alpha 9* (almost certainly will be putting the loft up to 10 or 11). The BB would probably start at 10.5. Either way, I'm going to get on the monitor multiple times at golftec to fine tune all the options to maximize the BOOM.

Also JUST BOOKED flights. Buck and myself will be arriving Thursday late morning and leaving Monday first thing. Golf Thursday and Friday is definitely in the works!

Another Thursday morning arriver! THP is gonna take over the place on Thursday now too haha.

To answer your question, I haven't made a choice yet, though I am leaning towards the standard BB. Want to get on the LM tomorrow before I lock anything in.

I have not picked yet, but most likely will be BB for me. All these people going down Thursday. Gonna have to build up some solid brownie points leading up to booking my flights. I'm gonna be waaaaaayyyyy to jealous if I miss out on extra rounds and nights!

Another Thursday morning arriver! THP is gonna take over the place on Thursday now too haha.

To answer your question, I haven't made a choice yet, though I am leaning towards the standard BB. Want to get on the LM tomorrow before I lock anything in.

I'd love to hit them first, but I don't know of anywhere in the area that has them yet. UGGGH!!!

It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up with their loft and face angle from the same starting point. I am considering going with the 13.5* head still, but man oh man I think that will be tough to commit to without being able to swing it first.
10.5 is the safe choice.

I'm going with the 13.5, mainly because my current gamer is at 11.5 and I could use the extra loft.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

I got to hit all the drivers tonight. Somehow found a store with all the demos. When I could get a good swing on it, the Alpha was insanely long. I really liked the heavier shaft in there too. Speaking of heavier shafts, I tried the X2Hot Pro as well, lofted up to 9.5. I could hit it a ton, but never straight. Really liked the heavier shaft in that club.

I found it so much easier to hit the sweet spot while choking down about an inch on all the clubs.

My best two bets, taking forgiveness into account are probably X2hot and BB. With the BB 10.5 set down to 9.5, I was getting between 14 and 15 degrees of launch with a touch over 2000 on spin, averaging my last 5 swings. With X2Hot at 10.5, I was at 16 degrees of launch with 2500 spin. Average carry was with a yard, with BB being a little less penal.

In the end, I'm still a bit undecided. I know I will choke down until I can get a shorter shaft.

Those are awesome numbers with the Big Bertha!

Well that settles it then haha!

Now I have to get my swing in order.

Awesome! Thursday and Friday are going to be two kick ass days! Is BB even available in X-Stiff? On Callaway's website it doesn't look like it.

I'm with ya golf4life. Down to two choices as well. Same as yours but with S flex.

Glad you got your travel down. Pretty excited to see an itinerary once ready.

So close!
Yeah it's between the BB and the BBA at the moment. Every post I read about how the BBA "Is actually quite forgiving" makes me lean in that direction haha.

I'd love to hit them first, but I don't know of anywhere in the area that has them yet. UGGGH!!!
I am not yet able to hit them either. Gah!

I'm going with the 13.5, mainly because my current gamer is at 11.5 and I could use the extra loft.

Ok, cool! I think this may be the way to go for me as well. Even with my Amp Cell at 11.5 I still feel like I want more launch so maybe I should go 13.5 as well.

I have decided that I'm going X-Stiff for sure, unless it's not available. I play my ADDI and my Diamana S+ in X-Stiff and get significantly better results with it than a Stiff flex. The lightweight Zeta shaft I think will be in the same realm as those shafts I just mentioned.

Ok, cool! I think this may be the way to go for me as well. Even with my Amp Cell at 11.5 I still feel like I want more launch so maybe I should go 13.5 as well.

I have decided that I'm going X-Stiff for sure, unless it's not available. I play my ADDI and my Diamana S+ in X-Stiff and get significantly better results with it than a Stiff flex. The lightweight Zeta shaft I think will be in the same realm as those shafts I just mentioned.

I'm currently playing the AMP Cell as well and have the same launch angle issues. I've never hit an X shaft rhough, would love to try one sometime. Good luck with your selection.

Back