Ocean City - 2014 THP Invitational #4 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Looks like this is gonna be one of the events for me this year! I love Maryland. And at only a 7 or so hour drive away, this one is very doable! Can't wait.

Now.... Do I our do I not wanna be in Joe's group?

You should come down Thursday and get a round in down by us then follow is all down on Friday. I'm taking off that entire week so I'll be down to play.

Man, this is going to be epic. I will by flying solo on this one as well.

MikeDean for PRES!

Understandable. That sweet innocent wife of yours probably needs (and cherishes) a break from you every once in a while. :D

You should come down Thursday and get a round in down by us then follow is all down on Friday. I'm taking off that entire week so I'll be down to play.

I like the way this guy thinks.

Really hope to see some new faces down in Ocean City as well. With the sponsor, the course, the price and thpers already saying they are in, this would be the perfect event for people to break their THP-Cherry!

You have Dewey, Rehoboth, Bethany, and then Lewes and Solsboro a little further away. All are great beach towns with places for lodging, but OC is the biggest (and Seacrets is legendary. I always loved watching Love Seed Mama Jump play there).

I too will be solo for this one, with the family left at home.

I could definitely do that. Plenty of time to plan properly!
Gotta also watch my leave days though. Trying to see if I can squeeze in #THPMC volunteer duties as well. Just don't wanna make any promises on that one just yet, as I know it's gonna take a lot more to get that one planned and executed.

Man that course looks gorgeous. This should be a fun one with that style of a course.

You have Dewey, Rehoboth, Bethany, and then Lewes and Solsboro a little further away. All are great beach towns with places for lodging, but OC is the biggest (and Seacrets is legendary. I always loved watching Love Seed Mama Jump play there).

I too will be solo for this one, with the family left at home.

I posted this earlier but not sure if you saw it. Sleeps 8 and you get a free round of golf at River Run. Think its like 20mins away from Rum Pointe too. Even with 5 people it would only be like $150 for 3 nights.

http://www.vrbo.com/337834

Calendar is booked. Thread Subscribed. Really looking forward to this one. Have to decide to drive or fly. Bring the g/f or not we'll see so many decisions... My head is spinning.

I posted this earlier but not sure if you saw it. Sleeps 8 and you get a free round of golf at River Run. Think its like 20mins away from Rum Pointe too. Even with 5 people it would only be like $150 for 3 nights.

That's a pretty good deal, and pretty close to Rum Pointe without going through the OC traffic. Count me in!

Sold. That is if there's room... And if I'm invited... :bashful: Sounds like a solid weekend of golfin' n vape-lockin'. :D

O, and it has a grill too. BONUS!

Huge bonus. That basically completes the loop of what you need for a perfect golf vacation.

Sold. That is if there's room... And if I'm invited... :bashful: Sounds like a solid weekend of golfin' n vape-lockin'. :D

Mmmm, vapor lockin. Not my house so anyones invited! I'm not taking the horns on this one, just found the place. I hate organizing things...and I stink at it.

Huge bonus. That basically completes the loop of what you need for a perfect golf vacation.
Heck yeah dude. Steaks, beers and golf. Can't beat that.

That's an awesome deal

Mmmm, vapor lockin. Not my house so anyones invited! I'm not taking the horns on this one, just found the place. I hate organizing things...and I stink at it.

Heck yeah dude. Steaks, beers and golf. Can't beat that.

All any one of us has to do is make the call and collect the PayPal accounts, right?

DogFish Head is in Rehoboth, which is very close to Dewey. Their restaurant on Rehoboth Avenue is very good - my wife and I go there a lot.

I live two hours away from OC, and we are regulars in OC, Rehoboth and Dewey so I'll add my $.02. Dewey is a GREAT bar town but so is OC. There is a bar in OC called "Seacrets" which is very large and crazy and you WILL have a good time there. I was there recently for work and had a blast.

Like any beach/resort area, prices for lodging will be high and the 28th is the weekend that the 4th of July crowd starts showing up. You will definitely save money by staying in a hotel a few miles inland from the beach.

If any of you want to come to this event, this is a GREAT one for your wife and kids given that it's a beach/resort town. Also, if you're not a big fan of the beach scene, you can stay in Cambridge at the Hyatt. It's actually a resort and it's really nice. It's about an hours drive to Ocean City (or more depending on traffic) and about half way between the Bay Bridge and OC right off of 50. This is a great place to leave your wife for the day (there's a spa!) while you do the THP tourney. It's also family friendly - and they have programs for kids.

For any of you coming from the north (NY, NJ, etc) you can take the Cape-May Lewes Ferry, which is a lot of fun. And there is a bar on the ferry. :0 When you get off the ferry in Lewes, you're about 30 minutes from the course (depending on traffic, of course).

Feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

Great great suggestion on the Hyatt Cambridge. We have an industry tournament there every May and I stay for three days. The Hyatt has a nice course in its own right, but the rate Mike has arranged at RP should not be passed up if you can get another round in.

In addition to the Spa the Hyatt is a great place to be with the family if you can't stay and hang out with the THP'ers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This course looks amazing and the rate for extra rounds is insane well done MD.

I'm not taking the horns on this one, just found the place. I hate organizing things...and I stink at it.

Once we figure out who gets in, I don't have a problem setting it up.

Last time I was in Dewey was drinking, fighting, police, drinking and grotos pizza. Good times but I hope to never do that again!

I am really hoping I can get this weekend off of work...

Last time I was in Dewey was drinking, fighting, police, drinking and grotos pizza. Good times but I hope to never do that again!

I am really hoping I can get this weekend off of work...

You certainly have to make it dude

You certainly have to make it dude

I am going to try bro, I have a serious busy summer work schedule. This would be a much needed break. Already put the word in my boss's ear so I will see how it goes. If I can pull it I will come in Thursday afternoon around 4 or 5.

Money is tight right now, but that is a heck of a deal for that weekend. I'll see what I can do to make this...

I am going to try bro, I have a serious busy summer work schedule. This would be a much needed break. Already put the word in my boss's ear so I will see how it goes. If I can pull it I will come in Thursday afternoon around 4 or 5.

I need moonshine dammit

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Will be traveling on sign up day, hopefully my flights allow me to get online during the sign up time.

I have a feeling I am going to end up working that weekend.

Back