Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

I'm going to be going with the Big Bertha 10.5 and stock regular flex for #theking. I'm sure it will work well for me based on reading Jman's experience. I figure going at 10.5 degrees gives me flexibility to adjust to the loft positions of my last two drivers and places in between if needed.

I like that choice. It's one I have my eye on as well.

Afterr speaking with JLukes and reading through this review (again) I've decided to go with the BB in 13.5* with the stiff shaft for #TheKing. To say I'm excited for this to show up would be the understatement of the year (so far).

Okay if my question has be asked already I am sorry, I did not read every page.

Callaway says that the Tour Green in the X2 Hot is the number one shaft on tour. If that is true then why not put that shaft in the BB line also? Can someone tell me the difference.

Okay if my question has be asked already I am sorry, I did not read every page.

Callaway says that the Tour Green in the X2 Hot is the number one shaft on tour. If that is true then why not put that shaft in the BB line also? Can someone tell me the difference.

Companies pair shafts with heads to hit specific numbers, you have to remember that the goal for them is to produce a driver that off the shell will produce numbers/launch characteristics that are the best for the largest portion of golfers in the bell curve as most am's don't know much about shafts and pick up a stock setup and go.

Companies pair shafts with heads to hit specific numbers, you have to remember that the goal for them is to produce a driver that off the shell will produce numbers/launch characteristics that are the best for the largest portion of golfers in the bell curve as most am's don't know much about shafts and pick up a stock setup and go.

Okay thanks.

Hello soon to be friend.

Jman, thank you for the feedback you have provided in here. I am so pumped to give this driver a whirl, everything about it seems to fit my game

Hello soon to be friend.

Jman, thank you for the feedback you have provided in here. I am so pumped to give this driver a whirl, everything about it seems to fit my game

It'll be a good one for you Jesse.

Hello soon to be friend.

My thoughts exactly, and why I ordered one on Wednesday. Is it 2/14 yet?!

Does anyone happen to know if the big box stores like Dick's offer the same, no up-charge shaft options that Callaway does when you pre-order one? Or do you have to order directly through Callaway to do that?

Does anyone happen to know if the big box stores like Dick's offer the same, no up-charge shaft options that Callaway does when you pre-order one? Or do you have to order directly through Callaway to do that?

I know golfsmith, golf galaxy or pga store will help you order whatever custom shaft whether upcharge or not. Not sure about dicks...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I would think it would need to be done through Callaway, but they are pretty good at getting orders out the door I think.

Thanks guys. I was just wondering cause I got an email from a local Dick's about free next day air on pre-orders but I want a different shaft in it.

Took some swings with this at golfsmith. I really like this one. In fact more than the alpha. I thought I would want the alpha with the anhanced adjustability but this just fit my swing better. With that being said, 10.5° with fubuki k shaft in on the way :)

Took some swings with this at golfsmith. I really like this one. In fact more than the alpha. I thought I would want the alpha with the anhanced adjustability but this just fit my swing better. With that being said, 10.5° with fubuki k shaft in on the way :)

Nice dude. What were some of the differences you saw between the two?

Nice dude. What were some of the differences you saw between the two?

Alpha was much too low spin for my swing, couldn't get enough carry. Standard BB much more forgiving thats for sure. While the alpha may have significantly more adjustability packed into it, unless you can get a proper fitting from somewhere that has all the shaft options and a fitter that knows this equipment, id say take the forgiveness and run

Alpha was much too low spin for my swing, couldn't get enough carry. Standard BB much more forgiving thats for sure. While the alpha may have significantly more adjustability packed into it, unless you can get a proper fitting from somewhere that has all the shaft options and a fitter that knows this equipment, id say take the forgiveness and run

That is what I was leaning towards. Just not sure how the alpha would compare to the J40 445 in the spin department. I know both are low spin, but how close is that? I'm not sure.

Luckily I'll be fitted at an ECPC in Toronto. So they should know quite a bit.

Back