Variety Golf Ball Pack - Would You Buy It?

dcbrad

locked and reloaded
Reaction score
Handicap
Geography
It's been talked about before in other threads, but what if you could buy a dozen or two dozen golf balls that included balls from all the major manufacturers? Say like 3 balls from each. Kind of like a "test kit" that would come out in Jan-Feb every year containing the most current line up of product and would aid in allowing the consumer to make an informed decision about the best ball for them. Would it be something you would buy?

And if it's such a good idea, why hasn't anyone done it?

I've done some searching around the web, nothing too deep, but haven't come across anything like that.

Absolutely I would buy something like this. Seems like a no brainer for someone who doesn't have a go to ball or doesn't know what ball fits them best. I feel like there is a lot of people out there that fall into that category too.

I would in a heartbeat. Being able to get a few balls of the ones you want to hit would be great.

I would buy in a heartbeat. Sounds like such a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly? No, I wouldnt.
In fact this was done a while back locally by someone and they did not fare too well.

I believe in ball fitting (regardless of theory). Fit me for my ball, and I will buy that ball. While some like to tinker, outside of the internet, I find they are in the minority.

You could certainly count me in for a dozen or two of these. Great way to try out all the new balls without a huge financial commitment in any one ball that may not be right for you.

Like others, I would buy in less than one second. I'm in the camp in that I don't have a go-to ball. I'm very much trial and error with golf balls, and buying multiple boxes at once, and then comparing at the same time on the course efficiently is a process I haven't figured out yet

Honestly? No, I wouldnt.
In fact this was done a while back locally by someone and they did not fare too well.

I believe in ball fitting (regardless of theory). Fit me for my ball, and I will buy that ball. While some like to tinker, outside of the internet, I find they are in the minority.

From a guy who has a good relationship with all these companies, is this something companies would even want to get on board with?

I would be up for this too and it is a great idea. I just wonder why some golf store hasn't come up with this idea yet, it might have something to do with them selling a certain companies merchandise and if they mix multiple brands together in a box it might not go over well with the company reps. I do remember that NIKE did this at Dick's last year with there golf balls so you could test a bunch of different ones.

I don't know if I would. I tend to stick to one type of ball since I know what's good for my game.

If I had never been fit for a ball I would be interested but would probably only do it one time, find the ball I liked and just continue to buy that ball.

From a guy who has a good relationship with all these companies, is this something companies would even want to get on board with?

Not a chance. Some would sugar coat it and marketing speak it, but no, most would not want to. You have to remember there are really three schools of thought for the average consumer buying golf balls.

1. Purchase by price.
2. Purchase by brand loyalty.
3. Purchase Pro V1.

Currently, I wouldn't. I know the general area of golf ball that fits my swing and my game. I believe they all spin about the same, so I game the one I hit the farthest.

If I reach a point where I'm really looking for prime spin into greens, and I felt like I could take advantage of it consistently, then I'd be a little more inclined to try something like that.

This would be great. Right now you have to buy a dozen of each (or high price for a sleeve) to try a new ball.
FWIW, Pro Vs are never on my "must try" list.

Not a chance. Some would sugar coat it and marketing speak it, but no, most would not want to. You have to remember there are really three schools of thought for the average consumer buying golf balls.

1. Purchase by price.
2. Purchase by brand loyalty.
3. Purchase Pro V1.

I laughed out loud at that one, but it is absolutely true. Lol.

I'm all for that idea, but I cannot imagine how it would ever happen. Different manufacturers? Not a chance. It would have to be repackaged somehow, because nobody's going to agree to it.
Package...oh, an e5 with a ProV and a Duo. That isn't apples to apples, and those could all be really attractive balls for different players.

Now, let me buy...say a sleeve of E6/E7/b330/b330RX/xFIXx each in a pack...I'd do that, particularly if it was a buck or two cheaper than buying individual sleeves. And that, a manufacturer might go for since the odds improve that you'll buy more of ONE of their products instead of possibly someone else's.

Some interesting responses. Would it be safe to say that this would only appeal to the "internet golfers?" And not the typical amateur weekend warriors out there?

If they were packaged in a certain way, I would buy at least one dozen. For instance I would buy a dozen made up of titleist Pro V1, Pro V1X, NXT and NXT Tour for comparison, or some of the Bridgestone balls.

But why would manufacturer's do this? Someone might find that a lesser priced ball is just as good for them as a more expensive ball they are currently using.

Bridgestone had a 2 pack they were selling, 1 sleeve of B330RX and 1 sleeve of B330 RX-S, I thought it was smart so you can try both to see which one you liked more. I bought a few of them as gifts to give to clients when I played with them.

I was one of those guys who never got the whole Pro V1 thing....purposely never played it, till I hit it.....sold, hook, line, and sinker and its my ball of choice, now and in the future

Back