Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see pics. Played a course in Vegas a long time ago. It was pretty cool.
I've played WildHorse and Legacy,never Painted Desert or Angel Park but they look great online.

I go right past Rio Secco to get to my friends' house,tempted but not for $250!

I got the green light for the OC tournament but it's looking like we're gonna make it a long weekend vacation if everything works out. That would take me out of the carpooling, sorry.

Awesome Andy!!! Great to hear you got the okay!! Personally I am a little worried about being in the car with Allan by myself - but I'll be okay. :)

Awesome Andy!!! Great to hear you got the okay!! Personally I am a little worried about being in the car with Allan by myself - but I'll be okay. :)

I'll bring my wife's handcuffs and you can lock me in the trunk!(actually with me weighing in at 140lbs,I don't think you have to worry)

Lol!!! And here you were worried about being blamed for the Canadian national bird comment :)

I'll bring my wife's handcuffs and you can lock me in the trunk!(actually with me weighing in at 140lbs,I don't think you have to worry)

Please tell me your wife is a cop, Allan :)

Aaron and I got out to the Chili CC Super Bowl sale. It was pretty lack luster this year. I didn't even buy anything which is a shock! Pretty disappointed tho!

trying to make ocean city work this year, may even talk the wife into coming along for a little vacation!

Hope it works out for you pop. Let me know if you need help entering in.

Aaron and I got out to the Chili CC Super Bowl sale. It was pretty lack luster this year. I didn't even buy anything which is a shock! Pretty disappointed tho!
We had our local CC end of year sale thanksgiving weekend. It was TERRIBLE. Old equipment at regular prices. I wasted 40 minutes walking around. There were some decent prices on shirts, but nothing I really fell in love with. I too didn't buy anything.

We had our local CC end of year sale thanksgiving weekend. It was TERRIBLE. Old equipment at regular prices. I wasted 40 minutes walking around. There were some decent prices on shirts, but nothing I really fell in love with. I too didn't buy anything.

Chili's in the past has been really good. They did have all the new equipment and they did have decent prices, but it was nothing different for them. All the prices were the same as any other day. They did have Bridgestone B330-S's for 2 for $50. Pops is going to pick some up for me for my late birthday present tho so I held off.

Chili's in the past has been really good. They did have all the new equipment and they did have decent prices, but it was nothing different for them. All the prices were the same as any other day. They did have Bridgestone B330-S's for 2 for $50. Pops is going to pick some up for me for my late birthday present tho so I held off.
The 2012 or 2014 B330's? I assume 2012, but I'd buy 100 boxes if it was 2014. Our sale here was more all the local shops trying to sell all their inventory at the end of the year. On years past, you could pick up some gear at really good prices. I think the internet is killing these guys though, so they aren't carrying the inventory they used to.

The 2012 or 2014 B330's? I assume 2012, but I'd buy 100 boxes if it was 2014. Our sale here was more all the local shops trying to sell all their inventory at the end of the year. On years past, you could pick up some gear at really good prices. I think the internet is killing these guys though, so they aren't carrying the inventory they used to.

Yeah the 2012's. If it was the 2014 I woulda bought em out lol. But I agree, I think it's really tough for the local CC's to keep up with internet pricing.

I was with Jimmy and was underwhelmed at the sale too. I also start to wonder if our knowledge of what is new in golf hurts out expectations with those types of sales. We know what is out there (Internet as Pete mentioned) and I know my knowledge of technology in golf has grown over the last year. With the change in my knowledge, I think my expectations have changed as well.

I was with Jimmy and was underwhelmed at the sale too. I also start to wonder if our knowledge of what is new in golf hurts out expectations with those types of sales. We know what is out there (Internet as Pete mentioned) and I know my knowledge of technology in golf has grown over the last year. With the change in my knowledge, I think my expectations have changed as well.

I think you make a really good point here Aaron. I'm not sure if it's because I know what's available and that kind of thing but these sales are starting to wow me less and less. Great price on golf balls, but that's about all that I saw that was worthing buying.

Got 18 holes in today at the Doug Miller Zone. Got to play Torrey Pines again.. Overall not bad except for the putting. The round could have been a whole lot better if I could figure out the putting:

y9u9usap.jpg

Got 18 holes in today at the Doug Miller Zone. Got to play Torrey Pines again.. Overall not bad except for the putting. The round could have been a whole lot better if I could figure out the putting:

y9u9usap.jpg

They used to have a bunch of Sims at Froghair that I played a few times before it closed. The putting and chipping took a lot of the fun out of it for me. Not realistic at all.

They used to have a bunch of Sims at Froghair that I played a few times before it closed. The putting and chipping took a lot of the fun out of it for me. Not realistic at all.

The chipping part on this simulator wasn't bad at all, but it was inconsistent on the putting was an issue. Would putt, come up 20 feet short, hit the exact same putt and was 20 feet past.

I was comfortable with my putting stroke so in the end, that is what matters.

The chipping part on this simulator wasn't bad at all, but it was inconsistent on the putting was an issue. Would putt, come up 20 feet short, hit the exact same putt and was 20 feet past.

I was comfortable with my putting stroke so in the end, that is what matters.

I remember the short chips like just off the green or on the fringe were wonky but those could have been older sims.
Looking forward to seeing how realistic the one at Plum Creek is?

I remember the short chips like just off the green or on the fringe were wonky but those could have been older sims.
Looking forward to seeing how realistic the one at Plum Creek is?

The one at Plum Creek is leaps and bounds ahead of the technology they had at Frog Hair. You'll be pleasantly surprised. When we get there I'll explain putting as that is still a tad on the video game side of things, but that is the only aspect that is. The rest is pretty damn accurate.

Thanks, Jimmy, looking forward to it.
You and your GF get to the dome yesterday?

Thanks, Jimmy, looking forward to it.
You and your GF get to the dome yesterday?

Actually we did. We left here around 5ish and when I got there I looked at my phone and noticed that my text never sent through to you. I felt bad, but figured being around dinner time anyway you might have been busy. Took a few videos too!

Got here dialed in with her new Amp Cell. Once we figured out she needed to stand a little further away from the ball she was grooving it!

Talked to Maddog today, looks like him and the Mrs are going to try and make it to the OC invitational and make a vacation out of it. Pumped for him to make it to a THP event. I'm going to do everything I can to help him to make sure he gets in!

Actually we did. We left here around 5ish and when I got there I looked at my phone and noticed that my text never sent through to you. I felt bad, but figured being around dinner time anyway you might have been busy. Took a few videos too!

Got here dialed in with her new Amp Cell. Once we figured out she needed to stand a little further away from the ball she was grooving it!

Maddog is going to get a lot of abuse when Amanda is out driving him by the end of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back