POLO Ralph Lauren sizing?

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
Do any of you bigger guys own any polo's from the brand? I've never tried a RL POLO on before and don't know if I can trust the size chart on their website. It'd be good to know if the sleeves are ridiculously long etc etc etc.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

I'm not a bigger guy, but I can give you some input. I wear a medium in Polo like I wear for other companies, but find the Polo cut is a bit fuller with slightly longer sleeves as well.

Bummer, I hate sleeves that are too long. I'll keep looking around, thanks for the reply.

Why not just go try one on

Why not just go try one on

Because I live in New Zealand and in the middle of nowhere. Not only does no one within 300 miles sell them but they don't stock anything bigger than XL more often than not, at the best you might get a 2XL. I can't understand how in this day and age when people are getting bigger the stores just don't stock clothes for bigger guys? What really does my head in is you go looking for clothes and there's tons of smaller sizes yet all the big sizes are gone. That should tell retailers to get more of the bigger sizes but they just don't get the point.

Because I live in New Zealand and in the middle of nowhere. Not only does no one within 300 miles sell them but they don't stock anything bigger than XL more often than not, at the best you might get a 2XL. I can't understand how in this day and age when people are getting bigger the stores just don't stock clothes for bigger guys? What really does my head in is you go looking for clothes and there's tons of smaller sizes yet all the big sizes are gone. That should tell retailers to get more of the bigger sizes but they just don't get the point.
Since you are a bigger guy may I suggest Adidas or Nike. They are cut more pedestrian vs sport. RL tends to be more sport cut.

Since you are a bigger guy may I suggest Adidas or Nike. They are cut more pedestrian vs sport. RL tends to be more sport cut.

You surely can, thank you.

I've found their non golf stuff to be generous (casual jacket and oxford shirts) as I can get away with XL but I've not tried the golf stuff as it's usually a bit outside my price bracket.

Well, I'm 6' tall, 44chest, 34 waist, 34" sleeve and where a XL. Large is too tight in the shoulders.

They've got a sale on at the moment and their polo's are only $35 which is pretty good really. They're not golf specific either, the RLX stuff would never fit in a million years. My chest is about 51inches around and I'm 6'1 so I'm just not sure what to get. The last thing I wanna do is order a few shirts and have them not fit, lol

I'm 6' 220 pounds for a reference. I have an athletic build.

RL golf line is longer in the shirt and sleeves. I wear a Large in this line.

RL normal line is normal dimensions. Full though the body and normal length sleeves. I wear a large in this line for a tighter fit than the RL Golf line. I could wear a XL and it would just be normal for me.

RL custom fit is the same as a slim fit in other brands. Tighter through the body and tighter sleeves. I always get an XL. Fits my body perfectly.

Having owned a few of classic of the Polo pique knits, I can say that they wear so much longer, stand up to launderings, hold their colors better than other knits I have had.

The normal stuff is the typical American baggy cut. They are great quality shirts but the fit is just wrong. As said before, the custom fit is a lot more fitted, I would say not overly suitable for the bigger guy, and a fairly short hem so not great for golf.

I have a few of the RLX and Polo golf shirts. The RLX if you get slim fit the sleeves will be a little shorter then normal. The other sizes I found run pretty true to size with all other brands for the most part.

Back