2013-14 College basketball thread (Spoilers)

Your killing me Miller Time. I gotta give it to Qualls....he made a helluva play. And even though it was a loss, I hope this is a turning point for UK. Loaded with talent but gives very little effort. Other than the last play, I feel it may have been their best effort of the season.

I just happened to turn it to the game right after it happened. Not sure I've ever seen a game one on a put-back dunk at the buzzer. That was a tough one for sure, but UK will be right there come tourney time.

I just happened to turn it to the game right after it happened. Not sure I've ever seen a game one on a put-back dunk at the buzzer. That was a tough one for sure, but UK will be right there come tourney time.

It was definitely an emphatic ending for sure. You also caught the best part, it was a foul fest, free throw shooting contest. Officiating was very poor throughout the game for both sides. Very hard game to watch for me.

I am a big UK fan too and had to turn it off midway through the first half as the officiating was atrocious both ways. UK has been a poor free throw shooting team since way back in the Pitino days. I am definitely hoping these freshman can pull it together come March.

I am a big UK fan too and had to turn it off midway through the first half as the officiating was atrocious both ways. UK has been a poor free throw shooting team since way back in the Pitino days. I am definitely hoping these freshman can pull it together come March.

Me too Smash. The talent is there, just a matter of effort and playing as a team in my opinion.

My alma mater (and employer), Georgia College won at the buzzer tonight and I got it on video! They're not having a great year, but got a huge upset over the best team in the conference.

Hoping KU holds on against Baylor. They're hitting 3s

Creighton was hot against Villanova last night. Wow.

Great gophers win. The barn was rocking tonight. I cant remember the last time I was at a gophers game and never had the thought I cant believe we are going to lose this game. Its always great beating the badgers.

Great gophers win. The barn was rocking tonight. I cant remember the last time I was at a gophers game and never had the thought I cant believe we are going to lose this game. Its always great beating the badgers.

Too bad there isn't an axe for basketball.

:p

Creighton was hot against Villanova last night. Wow.

I read about that but that's the first time, I've seen the video on it, just head shaking what could you do if you were Jay Wright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice win by Michigan at Michigan St. last night in a great game. That was their third win over a top-10 team in a row and two of those over #3 on the road. Quite impressive for a young team.

Not of national note, but Towson has lost last two conference games, they they should have won.

But as I wrote in a piece, the great thing about college hoops Is you ghetto play again in two or three days, unlike football where you have to wait a whole week.

They play Hofstra tomorrow night.

Also, I can't figure out Carolina this year, well other than the fact, that they are just a better than average team.

But an impressive win over Clemson tonight. Still 2-4 in the ACC.

Another big win for the skers against the gophers, a little payback from the football season. I think coach miles is really gaining some popularity in the area that the basketball team hasn't felt for quite some time.

Texas is on a great little run right now. Beat Iowa State, KState, then Baylor. They are young, but look to be pretty solid.

Sat. Will be interesting. ROCK CHALK

Coach Cal trying to help his players!
COACH-CAL-SHOVE.gif

Coach Cal trying to help his players!
COACH-CAL-SHOVE.gif

Boy they really looked clueless at the end of the game last night. That's the hazard of getting a bunch of Freshman who raw just used to scoring or being "The Man" no concept of team defense or what to do in a critical situation. I don't see them making it past the round of 32 in March..just MO.

Boy they really looked clueless at the end of the game last night. That's the hazard of getting a bunch of Freshman who raw just used to scoring or being "The Man" no concept of team defense or what to do in a critical situation. I don't see them making it past the round of 32 in March..just MO.

I was amazed watching last night that they are ranked 11th in the country right now. They look completely raw and like you said - a bunch of freshman trying to learn how to play team basketball. The upcoming game at Missouri will be a very interesting test for them.

This Duke/Syracuse game. Wow. Headed to OT!

Ridiculously good game. This Duke team is so much better than they were at the start of the year.

Ridiculously good game. This Duke team is so much better than they were at the start of the year.

Uncle and I were sitting here just talking about the exact same thing. The difference in Sulaimon between the beginning of the year and now is a huge reason for Duke's improvement.

How is that not a foul??

Syracuse is going to get blown out in 3 weeks in Cameron.

Back