Callaway Apex Pro Irons Review Thread

How'd they feel? What's the flight like with the modus? I'm really interested in checking the numbers I get on trackman at club champion on Friday. Saw these at golfsmith and they are pretty!

Feel was incredible and so happy with my shaft choice. Such a great ball flight with every iron. Couldn't believe how easy I was launching the 4 iron.

I have some numbers, Apex Forged vs AP2
Any opinions would be very welcome!

sent from The Note 3

Looking pretty similar really. A bit higher ball with the AP2, but not a huge difference.

Eagle one, that is a ton of spin. What iron are you hitting?

Feel was incredible and so happy with my shaft choice. Such a great ball flight with every iron. Couldn't believe how easy I was launching the 4 iron.

Did u hit them with anything else before going with the modus? Tour v? C taper?

Did u hit them with anything else before going with the modus? Tour v? C taper?

I hit them with kbs tour v, dgs300, and a project x shaft in the same weight range.

Actually was fortunate to have been a part of the group of thpers that got flown out to Callaway in Carlsbad back in December and got fitted at the Ely Callaway Performance Center by the guy that fits Phil for all of his stuff. I was in good hands :)

I hit them with kbs tour v, dgs300, and a project x shaft in the same weight range.

Actually was fortunate to have been a part of the group of thpers that got flown out to Callaway in Carlsbad back in December and got fitted at the Ely Callaway Performance Center by the guy that fits Phil for all of his stuff. I was in good hands :)

Awesome! Definitely hope I'm fortunate enough to get to go to something like that.

I have some numbers, Apex Forged vs AP2
Any opinions would be very welcome!

sent from The Note 3

Not much in the difference, though less roll out and slightly tighter dispersion with the AP2 would have me leaning a bit more their way.

160 yards into a small breeze from here..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391362091.012999.jpg

Let's just stick it close

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391362109.012701.jpg

Eagle one, that is a ton of spin. What iron are you hitting?

The first is the Apex Pro, the second is the AP2 , both with stiff shaft.

sent from The Note 3

Going to putting these through their paces on the LM tonight. To say I am excited is an understatement.

Just a quick update: So far, so good. I've had the Apex Pros (8-PW) in my bag for a few months now and while I considered briefly looking into swapping out my shafts for something lower launhing, I'm going to stick with the KBS Tour V. I played this past Sunday and my accuracy with the 8-PW has definitely improved and am finding myself hitting a couple of shots per round that I am sticking really close to the pin. I hit an easy, controlled wedge from the rough with hard right to left but was able to control the ball flight and stuck it within the grip. A few holes later, going into the wind, I took the same swing with a 9 and hit it right over the flag stick to about 6 feet. Missed the birdie, but these irons inspire confidence.

Well so far the verdict is: I am loving these irons. The Tour-V is a great shaft. The same feeling and performance as the Tours but a little lighter weight. So far I have already seen a 5 yard increase in carry.

Gonna play 18 on a simulator and then more thoughts when I get home.

After spending time with these over the past few days. First off as others have reported these clubs hold a line like no other iron I have ever played. The turf interaction is superb! Distances are right around a solid club longer than my previous gamers. The top line is a little thicker than the my Mizunos, but it's nothing serious. The look of these at address is awesome. Hitting the long irons 4 and 5 is a breeze. Much more forgiving than my previous irons, with a much better ball flight. I found the more I hit them the more I gain confidence in my ball striking. Good swings resulted in good shots. I did thin a couple and they let you know exactly when you've not struck the ball well. Really excited to game these through 2014.

Finally got some descent weather around here. I have be seriously itching to get back on the course with these clubs. A month and a half lay off from golf has been awful.

4-5
I didnt get to hit many 4 or 5 irons in my round. It seemed that the few I hit were more punches than full swings. I did hit each of these shots very straight. I have said all along that these are some of the straightest clubs I have hit.

6-8
Had a good bit of shots with the mid-irons. I seem to still be having distance control with these irons. There was a lot of wind out there, so my round may not be a great judge for distance control. I was very impressed with the ball flight though. The ball really launches off the face. I was not going to attempt to work the ball having not played in over a month, so I am still unsure if I will able to hit the shots I want when I want to. At least my miss will be straight, and long.

9-PW
I had really good control with these short irons. Everything just felt solid. I was able to control the distance and flight of the 9 and PW much better than say the 7 and 8. It just seems like I could make it do exactly what I wanted, hit and stick. I think I am getting some serious spin with these irons, and I am not a player that can spin the ball. I am really wishing now that I had gotten the AW/GW with this set. I think could really score well with these clubs once I get back in my groove.

I noticed Phil games the "non pro" in the 4-5 irons. After playing, would you consider the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed Phil games the "non pro" in the 4-5 irons. After playing, would you consider the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would definitely be interested in trying the non pro in the longer irons. I feel pretty confident in the pros, but if the results proved better, I would make the change to a combo.

^^^^Just Tapped That

Separated at Birth?

Separated at Birth?

I was browsing ebay & ran across this Yonex iron from the mid-2000s. I don't recall ever seeing these back then.

mtneww.jpg

The Apex Pro was the 1st thing that popped into my head.

I was browsing ebay & ran across this Yonex iron from the mid-2000s. I don't recall ever seeing these back then.

mtneww.jpg

The Apex Pro was the 1st thing that popped into my head.
there is a little resemblance, but I'm sure nowhere near the technology that is Apex is my guess.

there is a little resemblance, but I'm sure nowhere near the technology that is Apex is my guess.
No doubt. The Apex Pros are packed with all sorts of tech. They just sort of look like the Yonex irons.

No doubt. The Apex Pros are packed with all sorts of tech. They just sort of look like the Yonex irons.

There are actually quite a few clubs by many manufacturers that have the triangular cavity

I launch the Apex Pro 4 iron higher than I launched my Rocketbladez 4 iron. This is from an indoor monitor with srixon range balls

Do Not sleep on how easy the Apex Pro long irons are to hit

yjy4age8.jpg

Back