TaylorMade PROJECT (a) Golf Ball Preview

Very interesting concept. I like what they're doing here. Going to have to try these out.

I'm thinking I want to give these a go.

The last few rounds I played in warmer weather were with RBZ urethanes and I loved them, but these have me very interested.

Gonna have to buy a few sleeves and give them a try.

Very interesting ball. Will definitely give them a shot.

When I hit the green with an approach, I really like my golf ball to actually...you know...stay on the green! To that end, and at that price, I'm absolutely going to give these a shot.

Interesting the RocketBallz urethane was my favorite ball last year, I can certainly use more spin.

I just wish Taylormade would stick with a product for more then a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Never? You've never caught one really fat and had your 150 yard shot go 100 yards? I'm a 15 handicap and hit these more than I would like to admit.

I think everyone has either caught one fat or topped one and only had it go 100 yards but is that what Taylormade is using as their stat? If that is the case, I don't think the golf ball can change that. I do think that people in that handicap, including myself, miss by 10+ yards quite regularly on decently hit shots but 10 yards is only 30 feet...not 30 yards

I do like what Taylormade is saying about this golf ball and really has me intrigued.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think everyone has either caught one fat or topped one and only had it go 100 yards but is that what Taylormade is using as their stat? If that is the case, I don't think the golf ball can change that. I do think that people in that handicap, including myself, miss by 10+ yards quite regularly on decently hit shots but 10 yards is only 30 feet...not 30 yards

I do like what Taylormade is saying about this golf ball and really has me intrigued.

I agree, I don't think they're addressing the very poorly struck approach shot. But putting a ball on the market that allows more amateur players to take more advantage of their solid approaches is a great mindset. For guys who hit mid-range balls, it's pretty disappointing to clean up a pitch mark on a shot that releases right off the green. But I think that's the kind of ball that people "expect" a mid to high handicapper to play. When a mid-to-high handicapper puts it on the dance floor, he wants his ball to stay on the dance floor. But he might also lose enough golf balls or not like the idea of paying $45+ a dozen for "tour" level balls. To that end, TM's RBZ Urethane and now Project (a) are great offerings.

I would really like to try this ball based on the killer advert, and compare it to my favored Srixon Q-Star and Bridgestone E5. It's a cutthroat market at the ~$30 price point. Good for guys like me.

Never? You've never caught one really fat and had your 150 yard shot go 100 yards? I'm a 15 handicap and hit these more than I would like to admit.

OK, maybe never is not correct but realistically I have not seen many people miss by 35 yards from 150 unless they hit a fatty.

Not to mention tops

Not one of my issues, I have others though.:bulgy-eyes:

Agreed with your comment above.

I have no idea where TM got that 35 yard number from, and I agree it seems like a huge number. But if you take into consideration all shots and not just the ones you hit decently, maybe that 35 yard number is not so unrealistic.

I have no idea where TM got that 35 yard number from, and I agree it seems like a huge number. But if you take into consideration all shots and not just the ones you hit decently, maybe that 35 yard number is not so unrealistic.

I agree that taking into account all of the shots from 150 that 35 yards might be more realistic but I don't think TM should use that in their analysis.

On a side note, that is clever marketing if they get you to test the ball on a launch monitor and show you with the Project (a) that your miss is only 10 yards or whatever it might be instead of the average of 35 yards for a higher handicapper

Ignoring the talk about the numbers by which people are missing, I am interested in seeing more about this ball as if it is designed to generate more spin off the short irons with less off the driver I will have to give it a try to see if it makes a difference for me

Interesting the RocketBallz urethane was my favorite ball last year, I can certainly use more spin.

I just wish Taylormade would stick with a product for more then a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Boy do I agree - Lethals are $29 at PGA Superstore (last years ball). I hope Callaway sticks with Speed Regime name/concept. I just started gaming SR 1 after years of playing Titleist (I need to update my sig). For me obvious question is how Project (a) compares to SR 1. I've got stack of $10 off coupons from Dicks that I use towards SR1, so they cost me $38 a dozen, $32 for Project (a). While I'm not a ball engineer, my gut tells me that SR 1 is really a new product type (4 piece ball for sub-90 swing) versus Project (a) which has marketing that sounds like Penta TP3 (I remember reading the interview on this site from TM ball VP about how we needed more spin with mid irons which Penta TP3 would give us)

I found out that i am being given a dozen of these to test should be here this week I will let everyone know how the preform

Well looks like I have a new ball to add to the ponder list. I really enjoyed the TP3 and was really disappointed when they discontinued it. The RBZ line didnt do it for me & probaly my fault for not at least trying the Lethals. I'll grab a dozen and see how they play out. Love the technology built into this ball and if it can provide the greenside spin & also lower spin off the driver I am on board at least to give these a run.

I found out that i am being given a dozen of these to test should be here this week I will let everyone know how the preform
Sweet. How did you manage that?

Nice, enjoy!:glasses-cool:

Looking for a reasonably priced ball with those characteristics. Definitely one to try.

I've always preferred premium balls, but I know I have also benefitted from playing "amateur" balls, or at least I have not been hurt by using them. I will definitely give this a go, and I think good things might happen. I love the project (a) hats they've shown on Instagram. That alone would be a reason to shoot with these :)

Definitely interested in these balls. I hope I can test them out. $5 more than the E5 isn't too bad if it performs.

As a huge fan of the TP3... I cannot wait to try these bad boys out.

Back