Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Carolina is calling me more and more with each snowstorm.

Only thing keeping us here is family. As long as our folks are around we're not going anywhere.
Really not liking NY much lately, and not just because of the weather.

From what Weather Channel shows, there isn't any big snow storm this weekend in buffalo or am I missing something?

From what Weather Channel shows, there isn't any big snow storm this weekend in buffalo or am I missing something?

Just now was watching the local news and they said there is a winter storm warning.

You guys aren't kidding about this weather. It's awful. Just when you think we might be getting towards the end of winter they call for more storms. It's getting depressing. And yes Aaron I agree. I'd hate for some to miss out on our gathering Sunday because of snow.

Only thing keeping us here is family. As long as our folks are around we're not going anywhere.
Really not liking NY much lately, and not just because of the weather.

I know exactly what you are talking about and don't get me started on the new mayor of Rochester. I can save it for a conversation on Sunday or another time.

Just now was watching the local news and they said there is a winter storm warning.

Yeah winter storm warning for this week but the weekend looks clear.

Yeah winter storm warning for this week but the weekend looks clear.

Last night they showed another system coming through early next week. Who knows, they're only right 50% of the time anyways :)

Last night they showed another system coming through early next week. Who knows, they're only right 50% of the time anyways :)

Exactly.

You guys aren't kidding about this weather. It's awful. Just when you think we might be getting towards the end of winter they call for more storms. It's getting depressing. And yes Aaron I agree. I'd hate for some to miss out on our gathering Sunday because of snow.

Holy smokes, guys, this is upstate New York. It's SUPPOSED to be like this in early February.

We have been spoiled with the lack of snow and cold temperatures the last few years. This is really a normal winter, and doesn't even compare to some of the winters I've lived through here.

Now if this was the end of March, I'd be right there with you.

Holy smokes, guys, this is upstate New York. It's SUPPOSED to be like this in early February.

We have been spoiled with the lack of snow and cold temperatures the last few years. This is really a normal winter, and doesn't even compare to some of the winters I've lived through here.

This is true, a couple winters ago we were playing in late November with shorts on, we were spoiled for a couple years. This is a normal winter, but year after year I do agree that I get more sick of this winter like a lot of you are saying. I don't see myself staying here my whole life, I've grown out of these types of winters and want a more forgiving one at some point. Possibly NC or MD would be my destination to go to.

and you guys are lucky, if that kind of crap hapenned here in late april / may it would still be normal

and you guys are lucky, if that kind of crap hapenned here in late april / may it would still be normal

Oh it has happened here in April as well.

Sorry guys, I was just commenting on the incoming storm and didn't mean for it to turn into complaints about Mother Nature and walking in snowstorms uphill both ways, barefoot.

Let's talk about something more positive - who is in for Plum Creek on Sunday?

Also if you guys haven't seen it, the THP thread for Invitational in Indianapolis is up. Another great opportunity to meet THPers and get to play what should be a fantastic golf course.

Sorry guys, I was just commenting on the incoming storm and didn't mean for it to turn into complaints about Mother Nature and walking in snowstorms uphill both ways, barefoot.

I am definitely in, uphill, both ways :)

I have hired a dogsled team and invested in new Polar Vortex clothing. I will be there.

And, yes, the sarcasm meter was pegged during the typing of that statement. :glasses-cool:

Also if you guys haven't seen it, the THP thread for Invitational in Indianapolis is up. Another great opportunity to meet THPers and get to play what should be a fantastic golf course.

Damn, that one looks just as good as Maryland, plus it has the hotel right there with special THP pricing. hmmmmmm

I will be there, maybe with bed head, a scruffy beard and sleep depraved eyes....but I will be there.

Damn, that one looks just as good as Maryland, plus it has the hotel right there with special THP pricing. hmmmmmm

Definitely jump in that thread and chat it up with everyone. Looks like we may have a good showing of New Yorkers there!

Good news for me for the 9th. I ended up trading my entire 4 hour shift to work 4 hours on Saturday, so I'll be on time! Don't have to worry about getting there a little late.

Obviously mostly dependent on weather, but were most thinking about sticking around for dinner afterwards? Figured we could make it back to Tully's if everyone wants to.

Good news for me for the 9th. I ended up trading my entire 4 hour shift to work 4 hours on Saturday, so I'll be on time! Don't have to worry about getting there a little late.

Obviously mostly dependent on weather, but were most thinking about sticking around for dinner afterwards? Figured we could make it back to Tully's if everyone wants to.
I would do Tully's. Nothing crazy for me though as I'll be headed back to Albany afterwards.

I would do Tully's. Nothing crazy for me though as I'll be headed back to Albany afterwards.

Not going to try the "Buffalo Bleu Burger" this time? lol

Was planning on grabbing dinner too.

What, no plate for you this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back