DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. Pretty much the same motion isn't it? All great hockey players are great golfers right? :-/

Hahaha I wish! I have a lot of work to do but I will get there

I would say not much but the ground will probably still be frozen. Good luck with trying to play if you get the chance.

I decided not to try it. I didn't need to play that bad and will just hit some golf balls today. Thanks for the info guys

Looking forward to sign up coming soon for the big event guys.
Cant wait to see everybody.

Same here man really excited for what will be a great THP event!

I am as well JB, I have a feeling this is going to be an event that will be talked about for a long time.

Sorry for the disturbing news but who's ready for the latest snow?!?! We are expecting 6'+ up my way....oh what a joy it's going to be a work tomorrow

Sorry for the disturbing news but who's ready for the latest snow?!?! We are expecting 6'+ up my way....oh what a joy it's going to be a work tomorrow

I am so over cold weather in general. I spent about an hour today looking at houses in North Myrtle...

I am so over cold weather in general. I spent about an hour today looking at houses in North Myrtle...

For vacation home or to move there permanently? I'm with you though, this winter has been very bad. It doesn't seem to want to let up, right when you think it's going to become normal something strange happens.

For vacation home or to move there permanently? I'm with you though, this winter has been very bad. It doesn't seem to want to let up, right when you think it's going to become normal something strange happens.

Permanent, just sick of the cold. I used to go down about 4 times a year but now I'm lucky if I can go twice a year. I almost bought a house in Cherry Grove, found it for 169k and it sold the next day.

Permanent, just sick of the cold. I used to go down about 4 times a year but now I'm lucky if I can go twice a year. I almost bought a house in Cherry Grove, found it for 169k and it sold the next day.

I can wait until the day I can pack up and move down south!! 22 more years to go. :)

Nice Vince I had my bachelor party and we stayed in Cherry Grove it was great. Good luck with the search.

I can wait until the day I can pack up and move down south!! 22 more years to go. :)

Well it's 20 more years for me but I may go very early. I have been eyeing positions on Horry county's school website. A few positions but good lord they do not pay in SC.

Nice Vince I had my bachelor party and we stayed in Cherry Grove it was great. Good luck with the search.

Love it down there. My dad has a condo down the street from CG, laid back and awesome.

So my brother and dad went to the golf show in Chantilly last weekend, said it was the worst yet. Nothing but vendors selling golf packages. Any of you go?

So my brother and dad went to the golf show in Chantilly last weekend, said it was the worst yet. Nothing but vendors selling golf packages. Any of you go?

Are you talking about the one at the Dulles expo? I was going to go to that one but that what I heard, just golf packages so I didn't.

Yeah, that show is mediocre at best. Always last year's gear, a few vendors selling surplus/used clubs, and a bunch of people hounding you to sign up for vacations. I skipped it this year and went to the range instead.

Are you talking about the one at the Dulles expo? I was going to go to that one but that what I heard, just golf packages so I didn't.

Yup, Dulles expo. It's pretty bad as I see this area as a pretty good golf market, I was told Rock bottom didn't come this year.

Yeah, that show is mediocre at best. Always last year's gear, a few vendors selling surplus/used clubs, and a bunch of people hounding you to sign up for vacations. I skipped it this year and went to the range instead.

Smart man, I would of done the same but had to work...

Yup, Dulles expo. It's pretty bad as I see this area as a pretty good golf market, I was told Rock bottom didn't come this year.

I agree. With all of the money floating around and the fact that there's a good number of pricey golf courses making decent money, you'd think they would throw something a little more aggressive. I guess I don't represent the majority though as I have a number of friends who go every year and invariably make more than one purchase.

I agree. With all of the money floating around and the fact that there's a good number of pricey golf courses making decent money, you'd think they would throw something a little more aggressive. I guess I don't represent the majority though as I have a number of friends who go every year and invariably make more than one purchase.

Oh well, we always have an abundance of great courses here to play.

You going to try and make the OC outing?

Oh well, we always have an abundance of great courses here to play.

You going to try and make the OC outing?

Definitely. Got a couple things in the air for June, but going to talk to the boss tonight to make sure I'm not up-ending any family events.

I normally go just because a lot of times there is not much to do on a cold day in February.....but I have been at Bandon Dunes the last 4 days.

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Anyone part of the golf channel am tour, or have had any experience with it? Thoughts?

Not sure if you all have been following the opening of the Potomac Shores Golf Course in Woodbridge, but it is opening this spring and is the only public Nicklaus course in the DC area. It looks to be a great addition

Not sure if you all have been following the opening of the Potomac Shores Golf Course in Woodbridge, but it is opening this spring and is the only public Nicklaus course in the DC area. It looks to be a great addition

Interesting. I used to live out there before moving to Brambleton. I'll have to check it out this summer, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I'll definitely be checking that place out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back