There's many tricks for pulling oil from a ball. Have you tried others? I'd like to know how this machine compares to home methods.

Re- marketing of the ball polisher?

sent without the boss's knowledge...

No. Different. But they still have one. Oh not alley but proshop
By the way. Split/open in 6th &10th. 176 #$/&

Time to get it back in game two Bulldog!

From the mini-computer!

Yeah, I've done dishwasher (I'm single :p) hot water & Dawn in tub.
This is new & was willing to try. Wont get it back in time for league tonight Besides, why do myself when I can pay others to do it for me. :D

Machine works well. Ball is driving, 3 solid 9s & 3 8s

8 ..9 counts 204

Honestly, pulling oil from the ball should be as simple as using a dry solvent and a rag. Obviously water won't work and detergents have only limited effectiveness. A product like All-Solv and a clean rag should easily remove any oil residue. Dry solvents evaporate once dry so no solvent should remain on the ball. All-Solv is about 20 bucks for a spray can. Just spray the rag outside. It definitely smells a lil bit.

I haven't tried this yet myself but I have a can here at the house so ill report back with the results.

BTW, I'm a carpet cleaner so I deal with this sort of chemistry every day

Hhow safe on the resin & makeup of ball

Hhow safe on the resin & makeup of ball

That's what I'm curious to see. I don't believe it ll have any impact because of how quickly it dries. I also would never apply it directly to the ball, any issues would be caused there and even still you have to soak it. It's marketed as a vandalism remover so ink, marker, make up, etc. The tell will be if the ball color transfers to the rag. If its just oily grime then we're golden. I'll give it a go after dinner and post some pics of the process

Honestly, pulling oil from the ball should be as simple as using a dry solvent and a rag. Obviously water won't work and detergents have only limited effectiveness. A product like All-Solv and a clean rag should easily remove any oil residue. Dry solvents evaporate once dry so no solvent should remain on the ball. All-Solv is about 20 bucks for a spray can. Just spray the rag outside. It definitely smells a lil bit.

I haven't tried this yet myself but I have a can here at the house so ill report back with the results.

BTW, I'm a carpet cleaner so I deal with this sort of chemistry every day

I'm sure that'll remove from surface but doubt it'd actually pull oil from the ball. That's why heat is usually involved: leaving in trunk on hit summer day, hot water, or even baking in oven.

I had I guy who didn't believe me. So he took an older ball & left it on the porch in the sun. .couldn't believe how much oil came out of it

I'm sure that'll remove from surface but doubt it'd actually pull oil from the ball. That's why heat is usually involved: leaving in trunk on hit summer day, hot water, or even baking in oven.

Sounds like a combo of the two is in order. Actually, it does draw oil, but maybe not to the extent of heat. Our process involves a transfer through pressure but pressure can't really applied by hand to a golf ball. Could try a hair dryer and heat gun in combo too.

I'll experiment tonight and see what happens.

Trial and error time!

Felt like I bowled well but scored like crap. 544. Cant tell how many 9 counts & then split in the 10th

Damn wish I would stop throwing it in the damn gutter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Don't worry about it just take it back and straight through and stare at your mark

If you run your ball through the Rejuvenator too many times, the ball will eventually crack.

Yes, it takes the oil out of the ball. It also takes some of the resin out. Put a brand new ball in there and you'll see that something comes out of the ball, and it can't be oil ;)

Yeah that treatment should just be once a year

So I attempted the dry solvent cleaning I had talked about yesterday today. I think overall that it worked but I can't imagine that I got all if the oil out but the surface oil is most definitely gone. I can feel the extra friction I've gained just by sliding my fingers across the ball. Definitely a big difference there. No ball color transfered to the ball except for the red paint in the ball name lettering so that is good news as well.

Here is a pic of the can

uploadfromtaptalk1392241909709.jpg

And the clean towel after the process

uploadfromtaptalk1392241850870.jpg

As you can see, not a ton of oil came off, but it was enough that I'm gonna make it a regular part of my routine should the ball perform for me tonight

We shall see

What's the cost of the detox? Innovative has the revivor machine that's been out for years. Was the best thing for getting oil out of a ball forever. I've been out of bowling for a few years now so not up on the latest stuff.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Spent $45 for 2 balls. One did the 30 min. treatment & the other was an hr. plus they then take it back to factory finish.
Didn't listen to close but think $7 for 15min. Then there's 30min. ($20 or $25?) & then the full treatment on the hr. one.

If you run your ball through the Rejuvenator too many times, the ball will eventually crack.

Yes, it takes the oil out of the ball. It also takes some of the resin out. Put a brand new ball in there and you'll see that something comes out of the ball, and it can't be oil ;)

Worst ball ever for this was the Quantum Elite first run balls. I put one straight from the factory when we had them made in a revivor for 4 hours and the plasticizers poured out of the ball the whole time. After a few weeks in the middle of summer in our FL warehouse, the boxes were all soaked. It was a fantastic ball and the second and third runs were even better. But those first runs were bleeders for sure.

When end using the revivor, temp should never be above 160 and you have to make sure to use clean pads to wipe the ball. Also let the ball cool for 2 hours after 2 hours of heat. As long as you stick to this you should be fine. Also I don't recommend using if your ball has any plug. It is a different material than the cover and will expand/contract at a different rate and can cause cracks.

Thought I was going to see something fun Monday night.

Guy in my league goes 300-300 the first two games. However, 1st ball in the 3rd game was a wrap 10. Ended up shooting 237 the last game.

Oh and I saw the same guy shoot 888 in New Jersey at a tournament. 300-300-288. He threw the front 33 strikes and then went 9/ 9. Single handedly the most impressive thing I've ever witnessed. He's physically the most gifted bowler I have ever watched in person. He just doesn't have the right crowd around him to influence him in the way he should. There is no doubt in my mind that he could be successful on the PBA Tour.

Another stellar night. 150-212-236=598 If I could just get out of the bar for warm-up....

No comment

From the mini-computer!

Thought I was going to see something fun Monday night.

Guy in my league goes 300-300 the first two games. However, 1st ball in the 3rd game was a wrap 10. Ended up shooting 237 the last game.

Oh and I saw the same guy shoot 888 in New Jersey at a tournament. 300-300-288. He threw the front 33 strikes and then went 9/ 9. Single handedly the most impressive thing I've ever witnessed. He's physically the most gifted bowler I have ever watched in person. He just doesn't have the right crowd around him to influence him in the way he should. There is no doubt in my mind that he could be successful on the PBA Tour.

That's pretty damn sick!!

What's that guy packing for average??

Back