Forgiving Forged Irons

I haven't hit a lot of those mentioned, but I loved my Adams CB3s and you can steal those right now, under $300 new.

I've been hunting for a deal and haven't found that. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places

I've played the Callaway Diablo Forged Irons for the past several years and have loved them. I was curious what new forged irons are out there that are also very forgiving and what people think about them.
Had same clubs, and they where knocked out by new AP2... Like butter

Come to the component dark side... Wishon 560mc

If you are willing to consider component, I highly recommend the Maltby (Golfworks) TE forged. Definitely more forgiving than just about anything mentioned in this thread.

I know this thread is supposed to be about forgiving new forged irons but have to give a shout out to my favorite irons ever. Hogan Apex Edge Pro's were awesome! Wish I still had them....

I know this thread is supposed to be about forgiving new forged irons but have to give a shout out to my favorite irons ever. Hogan Apex Edge Pro's were awesome! Wish I still had them....

That what my dad plays to this day. I gage them to him years ago. Great clubs.

What configuration do you need? We have a great condition set in the shop with stiff shafts and 2 or 3* upright on which I could probably get you an excellent deal.

I've been hunting for a deal and haven't found that. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places

That what my dad plays to this day. I gage them to him years ago. Great clubs.

Only reason why I switched from them to Mizunos was to be compliant with the new groove rules.

What configuration do you need? We have a great condition set in the shop with stiff shafts and 2 or 3* upright on which I could probably get you an excellent deal.

Been looking for the kbs tour 90 stiff and standard L/L/L

I went to my local golf store yesterday and hit the Apex's and they were really nice. Couldn't tell enough of a difference between them and my Diablo Forged for me to pull the trigger anytime soon.

I'd like to check out the Bridgestones, but there is NO WHERE anywhere close that sells them.

I went to my local golf store yesterday and hit the Apex's and they were really nice. Couldn't tell enough of a difference between them and my Diablo Forged for me to pull the trigger anytime soon.

I'd like to check out the Bridgestones, but there is NO WHERE anywhere close that sells them.

Give the Test Drive Program a spin! Bridgestone realizes that it is sometimes difficult to get your hands on their products and introduced the Test Drive program this year for just that. Thinking outside the box to get their products into your hands. Great idea!

http://testdrive.bridgestonegolf.com/

Adams is making some very nice forge iron right now the XTD forged are very nice as are last years cmb's

I play the Bridgestone J40 DPC's and have found them to be almost as forgiving as the Taylormade R9s they replaced. I tried several sets before deciding on the Bridgestones. They were on par, forgiveness wise, with i20, AP1, Cleveland MT. What really sold me was the feel, they're great, and the PXi flighted shafts brought my ball flight down.

I wouldn't sleep on the Nike Cover 2.0 . I hit the for s & g yesterday and was pretty shocked. A buddy of mine who is a teaching pro just got on with Nike and went with these as his set for this year.

I wouldn't they to limit yourself with just forged though. There are some great cost offering that feel and sound awesome too.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

srixon z-stars, vrs forged, covert forged.

ap2's and cmb's, while great clubs, are not forgiving, imo.

My 2cents says AMP Forged, or Apex. In all reality, until you get into the blades, most forged clubs these days are rather forgiving. Also, Adams CB3's are forged, right? Those are very forgiving.

After moving over to the Titleist AP2s about 2 years ago, I can't see myself playing anything else for AWHILE. A simply beautiful forged appearance at address, and unbelievably smooth through impact. Don't knock 'em until you try 'em

And strangely enough only the body is forged on the diablo forged. Never really understood a forged body and a carpenter steel face but they are nice clubs.

Aren't the Apexs the same?

Apex, J40 DPC, TAylorMade TP CBs

I'm hoping Wishon 560mc are cause I got a set coming. :cool:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Back