Golf/OCD

Reaction score
Handicap
Ghin 8.4
My wife and I are heading to Houston (Katy Hwy Area) to get my daughter a place to live as she is starting a career there.

Can you give me some courses to go to, even if Private, my club says they can get me on most private (never tried before)

I plan to golf at least once while they shop for furniture and what not

Thanks All

Depends on what area you are talking about. Here the Katy Fwy is also know as I-10 and runs a good bit west. I live in Katy & if you give me a general area (cross streets) I can help more.... Also depending on the day I would love to tee it up!

My Father-in-Law is a member at The Woodlands. I played there with him a few times and it seemed to be a decent course from what I could remember. I do remember it being a private course that was pretty quiet and some massive houses around it.

PM Jank and/or TripleBogeyTim on this. They should be able to help. Tour 18 down there is very nice, at least when I played it last.

Thanks for fixing the Hwy for me, I just remembered Katy. Her job is on S. Dairy Ashford, between I-10 and west park toll way, Near Hwy 6, not sure where we'll be staying but I know within 10-20 minutes of the general area.

Hooking up for a round with you our any THP'ers would be great.

Thanks for fixing the Hwy for me, I just remembered Katy. Her job is on S. Dairy Ashford, between I-10 and west park toll way, Near Hwy 6, not sure where we'll be staying but I know within 10-20 minutes of the general area.

Ok this helps. Basically you will be in West Houston. There are a few private courses & semi-private courses close that might fit the bill. I'll look some up and post the links here in a bit.

PM sent with some details. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks Everyone for all the suggestions

Mike thank you very much for the extra effort, do you live close

I'm about 15 min or so from the area you mentioned.

Also forgot to add Falcone Point to the private course list for you to look up

When are you visiting town?

Not until end of April

Great, we can catch a game as long as it's not Easter weekend cause will be out of town.

All booked will be in Houston from 24-30th maybe I can hook up with a few of you to golf.

will be open 25,26,28 and 29.

All booked will be in Houston from 24-30th maybe I can hook up with a few of you to golf.

March or April?

Sounds good. I'll get something set up and loop everyone in. Do you have a budget in mind in terms of green $$

Nope anything is fine. I plan on golfing 2-3 times while I'm there even if alone.

Thanks for doing this

We can try to do Wildcat Mon or Tues mid afternoon or Tour 18.

I've got a free foursome at Southwyck if some are ok with that

I'm open for anything and if anyone get's out to the Seattle area I'll return the favor.

I checked and looks likes I can play two of the days you are here. Probably Sunday the 27th & Monday the 28th.

As it gets closer ill book something & see who's interested.

Sounds good, figured it was a little early on as well.

I checked and looks likes I can play two of the days you are here. Probably Sunday the 27th & Monday the 28th.

As it gets closer ill book something & see who's interested.
I can do the 27th and the 28th after 3 (Monday staff meetings).

Back