#TheKing Travel/Stay Plans

Yep definitely appears we're a go for 2. Also looks like the only person we don't have accounted for in some way in this thread is JimmyG - anybody know what his plans are?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If he arrives in town on Thursday he would definitely need to consider the Hampton :thumb:

Yep definitely appears we're a go for 2. Also looks like the only person we don't have accounted for in some way in this thread is JimmyG - anybody know what his plans are?

I know he's going to be down there with his family. So it's probably a safe bet he's out of splitting a room. Not sure about practice rounds though.

So looks like we have 6 splitting Thursday. Jesse hasn't booked but sounds like he's coming Thursday. I'd be willing to reserve one if 2 people will send their third of the cost to me on Paypal. Right now it would be $35 each for 3. $41 if it goes back to the normal rate.

Unless I missed something, it looks like we have 5 splitting Sunday. Not sure what to do about that one...

Unless I missed something, it looks like we have 5 splitting Sunday. Not sure what to do about that one...

Good chance I will be in the market for a Sunday night room if cost effective.

Good chance I will be in the market for a Sunday night room if cost effective.

Got you as one of the 5! I haven't looked at anything really for Sunday yet. Just checked the Travelodge by the airport I believe Martsy is staying at. Incredibly cheap, $58 total for 2 double beds. That place might be scary haha.

11:23 am? In for Thursday practice also? :D

Absolutely down for the Thursday practice round. I wouldn't miss it.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Absolutely down for the Thursday practice round. I wouldn't miss it.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Good cuz I already added ya :D

#TheKing Travel/Stay Plans

Got you as one of the 5! I haven't looked at anything really for Sunday yet. Just checked the Travelodge by the airport I believe Martsy is staying at. Incredibly cheap, $58 total for 2 double beds. That place might be scary haha.

Haha, Well it's no Ritz, but how bad could it be? I got a single Queen for $39+ tax, at that rate I figured if anyone was going to stay there you'd just as we'll want your own room.

Haha, Well it's no Ritz, but how bad could it be? I got a single Queen for $39+ tax, at that rate I figured if anyone was going to stay there you'd just as we'll want your own room.
As long as it's got a door it will be good enough for me! Up super early Monday, and hopefully in late on Sunday. Just gonna need it for a nap :D

I want to stay wherever most people are staying so if that's the hotel up the road than count me in. Is it easy enough to rely on shuttles to get to and fro around the resort? Or do I need to look into a rental car?

I want to stay wherever most people are staying so if that's the hotel up the road than count me in. Is it easy enough to rely on shuttles to get to and fro around the resort? Or do I need to look into a rental car?

It sounds like enough people may have cars already, but alternately I would think it would be pretty cheap to shuttle the short distance to the Omni once or twice, especially if a few of us split it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though. If it does end up that a rental car is necessary, I'm willing to go splitsies with you and possibly another person on one.

I am 100% down for the Hampton if that is the consensus, and will Paypal any necessary money.

It sounds like enough people may have cars already, but alternately I would think it would be pretty cheap to shuttle the short distance to the Omni once or twice, especially if a few of us split it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong though. If it does end up that a rental car is necessary, I'm willing to go splitsies with you and possibly another person on one.

I am 100% down for the Hampton if that is the consensus, and will Paypal any necessary money.

You, Army, and myself are almost getting in and leaving at the same time. If needed, we could probably all 3 split a rental, but I think we might be alright. Unless splitting a rental 3 ways is cheaper than what it will cost to get to and from the hotel.

Sounds like the Hampton Inn is favorable for most (sorry Army :D) due to the lower cost.

You, Army, and myself are almost getting in and leaving at the same time. If needed, we could probably all 3 split a rental, but I think we might be alright. Unless splitting a rental 3 ways is cheaper than what it will cost to get to and from the hotel.

Sounds like the Hampton Inn is favorable for most (sorry Army :D) due to the lower cost.

I'm thinking that as well. I somehow doubt we will need to really do more than 3 or 4 rides, and I don't think that will approach the cost of a rental car for 4 days.

i was just planning on getting a cab from airport to the omni, and then Sunday night from Omni to Travelloge. Just didn't seem worth it to get a car to me.

i was just planning on getting a cab from airport to the omni, and then Sunday night from Omni to Travelloge. Just didn't seem worth it to get a car to me.

You're probably right. And there's going to be 6 of us probably staying by the airport Sunday. We can pack as many as we can into a van taxi or shuttle, might make it even cheaper.

The hotel website suggests it is $45 RT for a shuttle and $90 one way for a taxi from the airport. It is about 27 miles.

The hotel website suggests it is $45 RT for a shuttle and $90 one way for a taxi from the airport. It is about 27 miles.

Ouch. That difference alone could make it worthwhile to stay at the Omni Thursday night...I think a 2 queen room (no package) is $222 for 3 people at the Omni if you pay in advance, so it's about $75 per person for the night vs about half that at the Hampton, but between a taxi from the airport to the Hampton and rides between the Omni and the Hampton we could end up breaking even or even doing a little better if we stayed at the Omni. Thoughts? I'm fine either way, just trying to save us dinero :D

I'm already going to get a rental car. Between getting to and from the airport on my own, the car isn't a bad deal. I can move people from Hampton Inn to the Omni, too.

Been searching nearby cities to fly out of because I haven't found any prices I like out of Sioux Falls.. Currently found something for $150 cheaper out of Omaha (a little over 2 hours away..) Not sure how much it would be worth it at that point but just trying to find something that maximizes my arrival and departure times..

Been searching nearby cities to fly out of because I haven't found any prices I like out of Sioux Falls.. Currently found something for $150 cheaper out of Omaha (a little over 2 hours away..) Not sure how much it would be worth it at that point but just trying to find something that maximizes my arrival and departure times..

OOOORRR... I fly non-stop Allegiant into Sanford and get in Thursday at 2:45 pm and fly non-stop Allegiant out of Tampa Monday morning... That would be the best and one of the cheapest but I am further away at that point and not sure how I would get around without renting a car... And at that point the price may not be worth it.

I suck at travel planning...

OOOORRR... I fly non-stop Allegiant into Sanford and get in Thursday at 2:45 pm and fly non-stop Allegiant out of Tampa Monday morning... That would be the best and one of the cheapest but I am further away at that point and not sure how I would get around without renting a car... And at that point the price may not be worth it.

I suck at travel planning...

When does the first option get you in and out? 2 hour drive probably cost you, what, $30-$40 in gas round trip? Could be worth it if you don't mind the drive.

Ouch. That difference alone could make it worthwhile to stay at the Omni Thursday night...I think a 2 queen room (no package) is $222 for 3 people at the Omni if you pay in advance, so it's about $75 per person for the night vs about half that at the Hampton, but between a taxi from the airport to the Hampton and rides between the Omni and the Hampton we could end up breaking even or even doing a little better if we stayed at the Omni. Thoughts? I'm fine either way, just trying to save us dinero :D

Yeah depends on where you look. The Hampton Inn website says $60 taxi is normal one way. That probably doesn't include tip, and might be more for a van. Shuttle I found about the same, probably $50 each round trip, which isn't bad. $200 is the best rate I found for a rental that would hold the 3 of us; mid-size SUV. That doesn't include tax, not sure about insurance, and doesn't include gas.

We have several guys with rentals that will be there Thursday, so I don't think getting from the Hampton to the Omni will be an issue. It's all about the airport travel.

When does the first option get you in and out? 2 hour drive probably cost you, what, $30-$40 in gas round trip? Could be worth it if you don't mind the drive.

Agree. I am driving 2.5 hours to save a few hundred on airfare.

Taxi's are relatively expensive in Orlando. I'd suggest giving Mears Transportation a call to check on their shuttle cost. Mears may make multiple stops at other hotels. Another company I recommend is Quick Transportation, they do point to point transfer and will meet you at the airport escalator and help with bags.

Yeah depends on where you look. The Hampton Inn website says $60 taxi is normal one way. That probably doesn't include tip, and might be more for a van. Shuttle I found about the same, probably $50 each round trip, which isn't bad. $200 is the best rate I found for a rental that would hold the 3 of us; mid-size SUV. That doesn't include tax, not sure about insurance, and doesn't include gas.

We have several guys with rentals that will be there Thursday, so I don't think getting from the Hampton to the Omni will be an issue. It's all about the airport travel.

I agree. If the airport travel is gonna cost us more than about $30 more if we go the Hampton route vs the Omni route, I think it makes sense to make the whole thing easier on ourselves and just stay at the Omni, so we'll have to get some deets for both options.

I agree. If the airport travel is gonna cost us more than about $30 more if we go the Hampton route vs the Omni route, I think it makes sense to make the whole thing easier on ourselves and just stay at the Omni, so we'll have to get some deets for both options.

Man, you're getting me all confused! Haha :D The Hampton is right down the road from the Omni, so I think the airport travel costs are going to be identical... Unless Omni has some service I'm not aware of?

Back