Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might take a miracle for us to play in March.

Between all the snow that has to melt, and the amount of water that would have to drain off, it could be quite some time before we are ready to play.

I would suggest having one Thruway Series event per month... May in Buffalo, June in Albany, July in Rochester, August in Syracuse, with a wrap-up at Conklin in September ;)
Jim,that has potential and it would also work to make double plays on a weekend where one day we play a course and the next morning another that would be close by to the Thruway for easy access home.

I would love to be the first host(with Andy,no doubt!)but as you said Jim,it all depends on Mother Nature! Ivy Ridge would be a great opener,so would WillowBrook up in Lockport.Harvest Hill is another with alot of challenge.Let's see what happens in the next few weeks.NYSGA schedule is out so Aaron and I know our dates with that(and anyone else joining us!)It's great to see Golds is on board.

I know Ivy Ridge was in good shape when most of the other courses had closed.
I have not played Harvest Hill yet myself and would love to play there this year.
Also, as Aaron and Allan can attest, Seneca Hickory Stick has amazing drainage and will probably be in playing shape before some of the other courses if anyone is itching to get out. A little pricey though.

I know Ivy Ridge was in good shape when most of the other courses had closed.
I have not played Harvest Hill yet myself and would love to play there this year.
Also, as Aaron and Allan can attest, Seneca Hickory Stick has amazing drainage and will probably be in playing shape before some of the other courses if anyone is itching to get out. A little pricey though.

I was impressed at how good of condition Seneca Hickory Stick was that late in the season and it will definitely be open before others.

I also think we have to consider Albany as the first stop on the Series since Pete has done the most traveling of all of us.

But I am with Jim - with the amount of snow and the time ground will need to thaw, we are looking at April for the first get together.

I was impressed at how good of condition Seneca Hickory Stick was that late in the season and it will definitely be open before others.

I also think we have to consider Albany as the first stop on the Series since Pete has done the most traveling of all of us.

But I am with Jim - with the amount of snow and the time ground will need to thaw, we are looking at April for the first get together.
Whatever works! I just want to get together with everyone,don't care when or where.

I agree, we'll let Pete chime since he's put the most miles on so far. I like Jim's idea of 1 organized outing per month.
By organized I mean dates set well in advance so everyone can plan ahead, with maybe an alternate weather date too.
Especially since I'm going to need more notice for my weekend rounds this year.

I like the idea of one a month, it spreads out everyone's travel requirements for the outings and should make it easier to plan on attending.

I like the idea of one a month, it spreads out everyone's travel requirements for the outings and should make it easier to plan on attending.

Plus we need to factor in THP Invitationals, Morgan Cup and NYSGA events. Once a month will probably workout best.

I agree, we'll let Pete chime since he's put the most miles on so far. I like Jim's idea of 1 organized outing per month.
By organized I mean dates set well in advance so everyone can plan ahead, with maybe an alternate weather date too.
Especially since I'm going to need more notice for my weekend rounds this year.

Why would you possibly need more advanced notice this year? What possible life changing event happened for you?? :)

Why would you possibly need more advanced notice this year? What possible life changing event happened for you?? :)
I would think that the exposure Colton gets for the variety of courses that dad plays would make for a better future golfer...road trip companion?

I would think that the exposure Colton gets for the variety of courses that dad plays would make for a better future golfer...road trip companion?

This sounds like a good idea, but are you helping with the diapers??

My league is every Saturday, as long as it isn't on a tournament day I should be able skip it.

Thanks guys :) I hope you realize my weekend golf angle is all about our outings this year and giving the wife plenty of notice.
My buddies that call or text me to play at the last moment are SOL.
Hoping to catch on with Allan as a weekday regular to make up for some of it too.

I like the idea of one outing a month, and I'm not concerned when the Albany one is. You guys will be driving quite a bit to get to Albany, so are you all thinking of driving in Saturday, golfing Saturday, staying overnight, and golfing Sunday before leaving? If that is the case, I already have to course picked for Sunday.

Cute as a button though!...........Hey,seeing as Aaron made the suggestion...........? Maybe Pete would help out also.
Let's see some feedback!

Cute as a button though!...........Hey,seeing as Aaron made the suggestion...........? Maybe Pete would help out also.
Let's see some feedback!
I rarely change my own​ diaper.

I like the idea of one outing a month, and I'm not concerned when the Albany one is. You guys will be driving quite a bit to get to Albany, so are you all thinking of driving in Saturday, golfing Saturday, staying overnight, and golfing Sunday before leaving? If that is the case, I already have to course picked for Sunday.

Rounds on Saturday and Sunday sounds good, plus I want to meet Buddy!

Let's see some feedback!

I'll change the diaper but he is on his own with wiping. :)

Hopefully, one is at Saratoga :)
That's the second place I was thinking...but I'm not so sure it would work for "getaway day" as it's about 35-45 minutes north of the Thruway.

Ideally, everyone would be able to make it into town on Saturday for an afternoon round in Saratoga; then stay overnight for an early round Sunday a lot closer to the Thruway where you guys can take right off.

And if anyone is crazy enough to come in Friday night, we could try to get 36 in on Saturday. Just spit-ballin here, if anyone else has any ideas, throw them right out there.

That's the second place I was thinking...but I'm not so sure it would work for "getaway day" as it's about 35-45 minutes north of the Thruway.

Ideally, everyone would be able to make it into town on Saturday for an afternoon round in Saratoga; then stay overnight for an early round Sunday a lot closer to the Thruway where you guys can take right off.

And if anyone is crazy enough to come in Friday night, we could try to get 36 in on Saturday. Just spit-ballin here, if anyone else has any ideas, throw them right out there.

hmm interesting! but actually saratoga on sunday sounds really good to me ;)

hmm interesting! but actually saratoga on sunday sounds really good to me ;)
Of course it does! We will tee it up this summer. Maybe even in a place like Lake Placid. There are 5 really good golf courses in that area and it's about 2 hours from both of us.

Of course it does! We will tee it up this summer. Maybe even in a place like Lake Placid. There are 5 really good golf courses in that area and it's about 2 hours from both of us.

oh yeah sounds good, would love to try some new courses in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back