#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

I did the stay and play for one round, as I booked a room for the weekend, since the wife is coming. No way I could go to Orlando by myself. We did the Disney thing a couple years ago, so this time will probably do more of the Universal Studios and maybe Sea World. Always have an amazing time in Orlando.

THP #theking #imwithchad

I went to Dick's today and hit the Big Bertha driver on the 10.5 setting. I loved everything about this driver and will love gaming my very own. I was very accurate with it on the simulator so that was a good thing. Something I am a bit concerned with is my total driver distance is not very good these days. I was getting like 235 + roll out today. I know the courses we'll be playing are pretty long, so I apologize in advance to my teammates for lack of firepower off the tee. I suppose I shouldn't expect a ton of distance after having total knee replacement surgery a little over three months ago but it does bother me a bit. I promise to work extra hard with my short game to take the place of the lack distance off the tee. I'll be more than ready to do my part.

No apologies, OG. There's more to this game than distance!

235 in the fairway will play all day long Bill! Especially in team golf with some of the format possibilities. Distance isn't everything. I won't be much farther than you as I'm usually in the 235 to 245 range off the tee. SIM I was hitting Bertha on today said it was going 210 with roll! Boy I'm hoping those were bad numbers!

I went to Dick's today and hit the Big Bertha driver on the 10.5 setting. I loved everything about this driver and will love gaming my very own. I was very accurate with it on the simulator so that was a good thing. Something I am a bit concerned with is my total driver distance is not very good these days. I was getting like 235 + roll out today. I know the courses we'll be playing are pretty long, so I apologize in advance to my teammates for lack of firepower off the tee. I suppose I shouldn't expect a ton of distance after having total knee replacement surgery a little over three months ago but it does bother me a bit. I promise to work extra hard with my short game to take the place of the lack distance off the tee. I'll be more than ready to do my part.

I'm with ya Bill! I hit the Bertha today as well, and loved every minute of it, and my best balls were at about 245 + roll. Was getting very similar numbers to my current driver on good shots. My biggest worry right now is a tendency to hook, but it was the first time with the big gal so I'm not too concerned. Especially considering I was hooking my driver as well today!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

You guys will all be good with your distance, we're all hacks! Plus I don't put a whole lot of stock into simulators especially. I think we'll all have a jolly ole time when we get to hit this ole gal on the course. Glad you got to get your hands on her Ryan.

You guys will all be good with your distance, we're all hacks! Plus I don't put a whole lot of stock into simulators especially. I think we'll all have a jolly ole time when we get to hit this ole gal on the course. Glad you got to get your hands on her Ryan.

Me too man. She sure is a bute, and the sound alone is almost enough for me - so solid, no kitchen pot style clang like my R11s. Yeah, I'm not putting too much stock in it until I get to hit it outside either, but I was glad to see that the numbers were pretty similar for the most part. And I know it's minor, but Callaway putting a NDMC grip instead of a basic cheapo stock grip on there is a really nice touch.

How are your golf games coming along these days? Our weekend in Orlando will be here before you know it and I for one hope I will be peaking for the King. I'm not shooting my best scores to date but can tell I'm heading in a right direction . I'm working on knocking a few strokes off the flat stick (putter) and my score averages should be settling into the mid 80 range. That's my goal for the King!

How are your golf games coming along these days? Our weekend in Orlando will be here before you know it and I for one hope I will be peaking for the King. I'm not shooting my best scores to date but can tell I'm heading in a right direction . I'm working on knocking a few strokes off the flat stick (putter) and my score averages should be settling into the mid 80 range. That's my goal for the King!

First real 18 of the year coming up Saturday. Will have a better feel for where my game is after that. I feel good about the pieces, but let's hope I can put them together.

I'm right where I want to be at this point in winter golf season. My index is almost 2 full points lower than the same time last year. Got in three rounds this past weekend that showed me my strengths and weaknesses are exactly where I thought they would be. My swing itself is in very good shape despite playing less than I'd like. My short game and putting are my weak points. I have a practice plan drawn up that will that will go into place on Monday, March 10th the first weekday after the time change.

udyhuguq.jpg
... no outside golf for a while.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

After what I've seen in my last two rounds I'm brimming with confidence right now. Hopefully I'm not peaking too early but I'm sure I'll be able to hold it together and improve a few more things.
If I can improve my short game in the coming weeks and combine that with the ballstriking I've been seeing lately I should be good to go in April.

udyhuguq.jpg
... no outside golf for a while.

Gawd I grew to hate the icy stuff the last two storms we had down south!!! :angry:

I'm right where I want to be at this point in winter golf season. My index is almost 2 full points lower than the same time last year. Got in three rounds this past weekend that showed me my strengths and weaknesses are exactly where I thought they would be. My swing itself is in very good shape despite playing less than I'd like. My short game and putting are my weak points. I have a practice plan drawn up that will that will go into place on Monday, March 10th the first weekday after the time change.

After what I've seen in my last two rounds I'm brimming with confidence right now. Hopefully I'm not peaking too early but I'm sure I'll be able to hold it together and improve a few more things.
If I can improve my short game in the coming weeks and combine that with the ballstriking I've been seeing lately I should be good to go in April.

I hope your backs don't get too hurt carrying me :beat-up:

Gawd I grew to hate the icy stuff the last two storms we had down south!!! :angry:

I'm over it by now... by this time last year I have 5-7 rounds under my belt and some range time. This year I've had 5-7 snowball fights and putting practice with my cat.

I've got 3 rounds coming Thursday through Saturday in California. I haven't played a round since around Thanksgiving, so I'm kind of nervous to see where my lessons have taken me since then.

I honestly feel pretty good right now. My ballstriking is by and large very solid, and will only get better as I take lessons to improve it (had one last week). I've been considering a more forgiving set or at least more forgiving longer irons to help me out a bit on those off ballstriking days, so if I decide to pull a trigger there that can probably only help me out as well. The big variables for me are, as always, short game and putting, and I haven't been able to really practice it hard due to a lack of light post work on weekdays. Once DST comes back in March, I will again have the ability to hit the short game area and putting green twice a week as is my goal.

Scorewise, it's hard to tell right now as everything is so soft and it's cold, but I've been doing a fairly good job with the short game and improved tee game of keeping the big numbers out and making sure my rough rounds are no worse than the low 90's. If I can keep that up, I should be able to get my average rounds in the mid 80's as is OG's goal.

Soooo my winter has consisted of 70+ hour weeks with no time off.

Thought the king would be my reward for all the work, well... my April just got better.

Free tickets and lodging to the Masters for M-W from a buddy!!!!

This April will be one to always remember!!!!

Not sure how it will all work with work by you only go around once and this is bucket list stuff.

Going to be a long remainder of February and March.

Jimmy that is freaking sweet!! Congrats on the tix!!

Jimmy that is definitely bucket list stuff! Enjoy :golf2:

It's been fun keeping up with everybody's progress.

Do not let the winter weather/temps/ice discourage you. When you put a tee in the ground come April, you'll be at your best.

I hope your backs don't get too hurt carrying me :beat-up:

We'll carry each other if need be Martsy. Its not a matter of who is going to miss a few shots, as we all will, but its more who is going to move forward and bounce back after them.

Jimmy, congrats on the Masters! Enjoy!

Anyways, just got back from a pretty amazing weekend in New Orleans. I got to play 3 rounds of golf amid my "work" commitments and overall was quite encouraged with what went down. Day 1 I played 36 holes at a course called Lakewood. I played the blues listed at a little over 6400 yards but the way they had the boxes that day I figured it more at 6250 or so.

Anyways, got on the first tee and sprayed one right (quick swing), but then relaxed and played really well for not being on a course for more than 3 months. Really worked on tempo with the driver and found a lot of fairways. Was content with a controlled swing and distance was still decent. Shot a 78 where at least 4 shots I just plain gave away on approach shots less than 60 yards. Not really surprising as the partial wedge shots are probably the weakest part of my game. This WILL get fixed before #theKing though. I may pick up one of those swing caddie thingees to really hone in my 40-100 game. Other than that, I was hitting the ball well and putting decently.

Round 2 that day (they gave me replay for 30 bucks, awesome!), I clearly grew a little tired plus it was a slower round. I started overswinging on some drives. Some turned out to be monsters, a couple turned into duck hooks. Again, my short game plagued me with lost strokes, but I still managed an 83.

The next day I played English Turn. This course had the smallest greens I ever remember playing. For instance the first green was 7 yards front to back! It looked like a dinner table! It didn't help that the wind really picked up too, approaching 20 mph later in the round. I also forgot my laser range finder this day and with these skinny greens that cost me some. I was trying out the SLDR this round and that added to the inconsistency. Some great (300 yards into the wind) and some awful (duck hooks into water) led to a round of 88, only staying in the 80s due to a couple birdies. I was silly with the driver this round and it cost me.

Overall, quite encouraged with my ball striking. If I can stay within myself off the tee, and hone the half wedges, I'm going to be ready for #TheKing.

Hit the gym hard tonight, needed to get some stress out. I felt like rocky training in Siberia when I walked out of the gym though. Going to be in fighting shape for the end of April!

Congrats Jimmy on the Masters tickets, that's awesome!

Back