Callaway X2 Hot & X2 Hot Pro Irons Preview

anyone have any detailed info or experience with the graphite shaft offering from this club? Guessing it's a rebadged Aldila offering since the graphic is almost identical to the Tour Blue shaft on the woods, but at 59g for the stiff i don't see a comparable in Aldila's lineup.

Sorry, I don't.

Curious if anybody is gaming the x2hots with a x2hot 4 hybrid and how the distance gap is between the 5 iron and 4 hybrid?

Lowest iron in my bag(in a different set) is a 5 iron and it looks like I have a pretty big gap between the 5 iron and the x2hot 4 hybrid (25 maybe as much as 30 yards) Thinking of filling that gap with an x2hot 4 or even 5 iron for a lil more foregivness as opposed to my current set. The x2hot 5 iron has the same specs as my sets 4 iron so I think that would be a good fit. Its just tough to find anything but a 6 iron to demo to see how it would work. Really want to fill the 200-210 yard hole in my bag since a par 3 I play often is that distance.

So In my head...im looking at playing the x2 5 iron as a 4 iron and the 4 hyb as a 3 hyb. Am I insane? lol

What about selling the one you have and just going with a 5 hybrid?

What about selling the one you have and just going with a 5 hybrid?

No desire to get rid of it, maybe add the 5 hyb is another option that I didn't really think of. Currently only 13 clubs in the bag so I do have an empty spot. Was thinking 3 wood but the more I think over my bag, this is a more important gap to fill.

Sounds like you're probably long enough that the 5 wood would have you covered anyway. Might be something to look at that you could possibly demo at least.

Curious if anybody is gaming the x2hots with a x2hot 4 hybrid and how the distance gap is between the 5 iron and 4 hybrid?

Lowest iron in my bag(in a different set) is a 5 iron and it looks like I have a pretty big gap between the 5 iron and the x2hot 4 hybrid (25 maybe as much as 30 yards) Thinking of filling that gap with an x2hot 4 or even 5 iron for a lil more foregivness as opposed to my current set. The x2hot 5 iron has the same specs as my sets 4 iron so I think that would be a good fit. Its just tough to find anything but a 6 iron to demo to see how it would work. Really want to fill the 200-210 yard hole in my bag since a par 3 I play often is that distance.

So In my head...im looking at playing the x2 5 iron as a 4 iron and the 4 hyb as a 3 hyb. Am I insane? lol

I just got my set yesterday so I hope by the weekend I'll know better the 4H to 5i gap. I would think Callaway R&D made sure it's a reasonable gap similar to the remaining irons.

Sounds like you're probably long enough that the 5 wood would have you covered anyway. Might be something to look at that you could possibly demo at least.

It kinda does have the long end covered good enough. Why I think I am going to focus on the 5 iron gap. I will look to demo it since I am a big fan of the hybrids

I just got my set yesterday so I hope by the weekend I'll know better the 4H to 5i gap. I would think Callaway R&D made sure it's a reasonable gap similar to the remaining irons.

Thanks, look forward to hearing your results.

First time out with the x2 hots this afternoon and I may have a shaft problem but that's my fault. I originally demoed the pro model with px 95 6.0 shafts on a sim and loved the feel and results. My local EW didnt have the fit cart for the new Callaway clubs. Knowing I'm taking lessons soon, I changed the order of the clubhead to the standard model hoping for more forgiveness and kept the 6.0 shafts. I should have hit this combo. Well today was a ton of blocks 15yds or so right of the flag. So frustrating as I gained a full club distance but couldnt hit my draw. Yesterday was high draws with my old set of burner 2.0 85g stock stiff shafts.

I wanted to upgrade the shafts but maybe I should have gone with the stock offering? Or go down to the 5.5 shafts as the 6.0s are too stiff? Tomorrow I'm going to hit my burner 2.0s vs the x2hots just to see if maybe I had a bad swing today. Also glad that JB can help me Saturday to try other shafts at our get together.

Sorry for the rambling but im kinda freaked out about this lol.

I hit the px 95 6.0s much better today at the range. But what I have noticed is a smooth swing is causing the blocks. It seems that the heavier shaft can result in an open clubface and I have to go at it to square the face. Not sure this is a good thing.

I also tried the px 95 5.5 and xp 95 s300 shafts in the 6 iron demo and all 3 shafts had the same, straight ball flight. Strangely they didn't have the 85g stock shaft and couldn't grab one off the rack?!?! Hoping to try that one Saturday. I didn't think going up 10g would make a difference but maybe I just need time to get used to it.

Very well could just need some time to adjust Canes.

I would think so, but I don't see a place on the site where you can specify it.

No this is not posible on the X2hot or x2hot p !! Only pos. on forged irons apex or apex p ....

Did you ask them? Won't most companies allow for lie angle changes done by them? Seems crazy to me that they would have an iron that couldn't be fit.

No this is not posible on the X2hot or x2hot p !! Only pos. on forged irons apex or apex p ....
I just ordert the x2hot pro 4-pw with px 95 6.0 love the light weight shaft and with the fitting the 6 iron was off the shart av.186yard's with my old set it was 174 yard's THISMAKES GOLF easyer !! :) And the look's are verry nice at the ball ... This is gonne be a LONG 2 weeks for delivery ... :) ( sorry for my english )

Congrats on the new irons jeffery. I have the same set at home and it's very nice. Great look at address and surprisingly good feel.

To change the angle's ... You have to heat up the clubs ... Forged irons are one metal op prob. to heat and bent.... x2hot are differnt steel's mixt and wellt together ... Whet heat to muche coud be problems ... That was answer :) If he lies I lie :)

Do you guys think the standard irons are max game improvement? Golf magazine classified them as this in their latest issue and I disagree. I guess they didn't want to put the Apex and this in the same category.

Do you guys think the standard irons are max game improvement? Golf magazine classified them as this in their latest issue and I disagree. I guess they didn't want to put the Apex and this in the same category.

I don't. They are about the same size as my xhot pros from last year

I have the same exact top end in the bag as you do to include the driver and I am wondering the same things since I have not had a chance to play with them yet. My irons are a new set of X2 Hot standard (5-AW) with KBS Tour 90 shafts.

Hoping to play very soon because this winter has driven me looney!!

Its a non issue for me. 5 iron goes 185 - 190 yds and 4 hybrid 200 - 205. Trajectory is very different though with the 4 hybrid much higher. I think thats what keeps the gap consistent.

Its a non issue for me. 5 iron goes 185 - 190 yds and 4 hybrid 200 - 205. Trajectory is very different though with the 4 hybrid much higher. I think thats what keeps the gap consistent.

I like what I am reading...thanks Canes!

Back