What is the longest putt you have made?

The longest one I remember was a 65 or so foot putt for the surprise birdie on the number one rated hole on the course when playing with DocTrussel a couple months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drained about a 60 footer for birdie with a good friend tending the flag. Couldn't believe it went in but it just held the line all the way to the bottom. Paced it off and it was 22 paces, so about 66 feet. Pretty fun to watch a bomb drop from range!

My longest was around 35' in a scramble last year. I was the last one to hit in our group, and put it in for one of our few birdies of the day.

THP #theking #imwithchad

65 yards uphill on 17 at Stoneridge in Blanchard Idaho. It was the Fall of 07 and there was dew on the greens that slowed them down considerably. I was honestly just trying to lag it up there within 4 feet and it dropped. The cool thing about it is you could see the ball track and it made a perferct right to left 2 yards. With the wet dew on the green it imprinted the line of the putt perfectly and you could see exactly how and where it broke left. I didn't ram it in either it just snuck up to the cup on that perfect line and dropped. If the cup was 3 inches further I would have come up just short. My friends just stood there in disbelief with jaws all on the floor and all. Lollll

I made one years ago that had to be between 60-80 feet. I did not measure, but it just seemed like it was from one end of a large green to the other and it took forever to get there.

Honestly I've no idea the real distance, but I've buried a couple long fringers for par and birdie before - probably in the 50 foot range. I'm overjoyed if I make anything over 10 feet though, honestly!

That was an awesome putt MikeDean. And its on video for the world to see.

I played with Jim Achenbach at Bandon Dunes a bit ago and he made 127' putt. Caddie said it was the longest he had ever seen and the reason we know the length is because he was on the collar on 1 side and it was exactly 127' to that pin position.

Jim walks rather slow at this age and it took him about 3 minutes to get to the ball.

JB, mine was on the 17th at Bandon Dunes. The pin was back left and I was about 25 paces off the green. We measured it at roughly 105 ft. as my range finder said 35 yards from where I was standing to where the pin was.

I was playing high school golf in 2002 and made about a 55'-75' putt on a two tier green. I have no idea exactly how far it was, as I was on the bottom tier and could not see the hole from where I was putting. I had my opponent tend the pin and I just hoped for a three putt. Next thing I knew, everyone was going crazy. I didn't step it off before or after, as I had no intentions on making the putt.

I actually made about a 30' putt this past weekend, on purpose. I even told my playing partners, "if this hits the stick you better count it as made" since they were too lazy to pull the flag for me. As soon as I hit the putt, I knew it was going in. I started yelling "get the flag, get the flag." They got to the flag just before it went in and I proceeded to do my best walkoff immitation. They all picked up since the putt was for birdie and they were putting for who knows what. We were all friends, so my actions were not being rude. It was more of a joke, and they agreed.

Probably only around a 30-35 footer. I have a friend who rarely plays golf make about a 50 footer and a 30 footer in the same round. He is the luckiest man in the world. My only comfort is that he shot a 110.

I have made a couple of those miracle putts that you just want to get somewhere near the hole and somehow it finds the bottom of the cup. That said I have never known an exact distance on any of them.

According to Google Earth it was 81 feet. Was just trying to get it within 3 ft and sunk it. Was blown away and had honors the rest of the day. Total luck but I'll take it.

I made a putt on #5 at Doral's blue monster from the front of the green and the pin was back right. I swear it was at least 70' but I'm getting older so it may have been '65...lol

I really just don't know. I have no judgment when it comes to how many feet a putt is. I do know that I don't make many long ones.

Probably only around a 30-35 footer. I have a friend who rarely plays golf make about a 50 footer and a 30 footer in the same round. He is the luckiest man in the world. My only comfort is that he shot a 110.

A month ago in 5 holes I saw this older woman over 65 make the following

60 footer
40 footer
35 footer
20 footer
15 footer

170 feet of putts in 5 holes.

I told her if you were on tour, everyone would be seeing the last holes as the greatest feat in putting ever.

I have no clue but I would say around 40'. I've never measured or paced on off after making a long one.

At a tournament they had a longest and closest to the hole contest , 2 balls for 10 bucks, 50/50 split 75 ft, I sank the second one after coming up about 4 feet short on the first, I went 2nd to last so I saw the break so I had that advantage to try and read it, I would tell all of you that it was 100% skill, But we all know that would be a 100% Lie

The most memorable was a 35-40 footer to save bogey after an OB tee shot on my way to my first sub 80. I had some pretty long putts my first season in high school.

My wife drained a 60 footer for birdie last year (stepped off and erring on the short side, so it may have been longer).

I don't know my exact distances but I have made a few bombs here and there. Probably around 50 or 60'. But speaking of long putts I have to tell a story of a putt that a guy on my league made last season. This was a huge 2 tiered green with the pin in the back left and he was in the front right. I don't know the exact distance but if I were to guess it would be atleast a 100'. To add to the story he was a relative newcomer and I remember him asking me and the other guys if it was ok if he chipped it because he was so far away, and of course we said that it was legal. He thought about it and said "Nah I'll just putt it" and sure enough he buried it, I have never seen a longer putt made in my life. It was unreal.

I sunk a putt that was 17 steps long once. It was straight downhill and if it didn't hit the hole and drop it would have sailed by on cruise control.

I made a 60 footer once on the 18th hole of a golf trip with about 18 friends surrounding the green. That was pure awesome. Total luck, if the ball had not hit the hole it goes by 8 to 10 ft easily.

Made a down hill, triple breaking putt once years ago from near the back fringe of a par 3 to a front pin position. Wasn't trying to make it, was just trying to get down to the level and keep it on the green. Hit the cup dead center, hopped up, went down. If not it probably would have rolled off the green. Better lucky than good.

3 years ago.....78 -80 feet. Uphill breaking a little right, then back to the left.
I had two other guys pace it off as well and that's the best guess at the distance we could come up with.

Last year, over Easter weekend, on the 18th hole, I rolled in probably a 30 - 35 footer with some break in it to save par.

One the guys we were paired up with, and who was using a Scotty Cameron Newport, asked me what type of putter I was using, to which I replied, "Scotty Cameron knockoff," triggering rounds of laughter. (Acutally, it's a TM Rossa Daytona insert Anser-style putter).

On the practice green at Longaberger Golf course. About a 70 footer or so just messing around before we teed off

Just a shade over 60 feet. I was, of course, not trying to put it in, just close enough for a reasonable par putt. It was a bit uphill on a deep green, and I hit it what I thought was a bit hard. About halfway there I started watching with interest. About 5 ft from the hole I was sure it was going in. Just a light bounce off the back of the centre of the cup and in for bird. I paced it out, and it was 23 paces. I've measured myself many times and I'm a consistent 11 paces for 10 yards, so the putt was just a bit over 20 yards. By far the farthest.

Back