RAZR Fit Extreme weight set up

lilbilly

Reaction score
Handicap
So I hit a couple of RFE's at Golfsmith yesterday. Overall, I liked the club. Feel and sound were great as well as aesthetics.

However, the whole weight set up throws me off. I hit non stop hooks and hard draws until I realized why. The huge disparity in weighting.

Why sell a driver with a 13 gr and 1 gr weight, leaving no way for a neutral setup? Even if I ponied up $40 and bought a weight kit off eBay, it won't be totally neutral. The ones on there are 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.

What gives?
So what have you guys done to make it neutral, or what setup do you like?

Did you have the club face and shaft set to neutral too? The heavy weight on the heal and light in the toe work well for me. If really depends on you swing and tendencies for most people. With the heavy weight on the heal (for me) if helps me square up the face easier, considering most of my misses are a push, block or fade to the right.

I put the heavyweight in the heel and set the driver open. It was a perfect combination for me. Nice, high draw.

Did you have the club face and shaft set to neutral too? The heavy weight on the heal and light in the toe work well for me. If really depends on you swing and tendencies for most people. With the heavy weight on the heal (for me) if helps me square up the face easier, considering most of my misses are a push, block or fade to the right.

Going to go back and play with it some more. I didn't mess with the hosel settings.

Will try it with the face open too ATL.

Somehow I didn't take into the account all the settings, I was also on an extended lunch break so I didn't have all day.

I put the heavyweight in the heel and set the driver open. It was a perfect combination for me. Nice, high draw.

Was this your shot shape before this club, by swing path, or did the clubs adjustment settings help you create this?

You need to open the clubface if you're going to use 13g on the heel. That works for me. Also you may need an x stiff shaft?

Was this your shot shape before this club, by swing path, or did the clubs adjustment settings help you create this?

I tend to play a draw.

Having the heavy weight in the heel with neutral settings still allowed for a draw, but sometimes it would turn over a little more. Opening the club face tightened everything up a bit.

There's a lot of trial and error, but it's a great driver head.

You need to open the clubface if you're going to use 13g on the heel. That works for me. Also you may need an x stiff shaft?

I liked the shaft too, but not sure on stiffness. Need to correct the face angle/weights first and then get a better idea on launch with the different shaft stiffness.

Aldila's fitting chart says I should be a R flex because my swing speed is below 100, but I'm not sold that's the case for everyone. My driver swings yesterday ranged between 93-99.

This is me to a tee.

I always had the club in neutral with the heavy weight in the heel. Swung hard and had a nice draw.

I agree with the other guys though. Set the club open and heavy weight in the heel should give you a nice draw.

I was fighting hooks and hard draws with this also. I use the open setting and moved the heavy weight to the toe. Shot tendency is now straight to baby draw - but can move the ball when needed. The heavy weight in the heel I could only go from baby draw to hard draw.

I played it with the face set open and 7 grams in each port.

I just put mine to the closed position with the 13 in the toe. I'm hoping for just a nice high flight. Might give a cut, might be straight. Will find out tomorrow and piddle with the settings if necessary.

Also, any of you guys have the trinity shaft and care to comment on it? If so, what's your swing speed and which do you have?

Where did you get the two 7 gram weights?

I was fitted into that set up when I was at the Performance Center in Carlsbad so they sent it to me that way.

Also, any of you guys have the trinity shaft and care to comment on it? If so, what's your swing speed and which do you have?

Any of you guys using the trinity shaft have thoughts?

So I went back to Golfsmith today, to hit a few more and try to get a feel on if I wanted to make the buy on this club.

Felt a lot better today. One thing that the rep said to me caught my attention - he said "neutral is with the heavy 13 gr weight in the toe". So with that, I hit a 10.5 with a regular trinity shaft and a 9.5 with a stiff shaft - both with the 13.5 in the toe. Unfortunately, they did not have it in vice versa available.

I didn't like the R flex with the 10.5 - felt a little whippy for me. Shots did not carry as far and had little roll out. Launch was in the 13* range.

I hit the 9.5 in stiff well. Felt good, didn't have any of the hooks I had the other day with the weight in the heel. Launch was better, averaging 11* and carry was around 8 yards farther, with roll out around another 7-8 yards.

I really wanted to hit the 10.5 with the stiff shaft too, but wasn't able.

Also, there was something off with the trackman not giving spin numbers - so I'm not sure how much a difference that plays into it.

Back