Cameron Newport 2 ?

thencprince15

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking at a Newport 2 , really like the look of this putter, was just wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone who owns it or has owned it.

First off, welcome to THP.
There are quite a few Scotty Cameron fans here that will be able to give you better feedback than I will.
But I did move this over to the putter section so that they can jump in and give you some reviews.

I had a newport 1.5 studio select and loved it. The only difference was the shaft bend at the head. It had a plummers neck. Felt great off the face. Was a little on the light side though, but for about 30 bucks you can pick up some weights to change out the head weight. The only reason I swtiched from it was that I prefer a site dot vs a line. I think you would love it and play it for years to come.

Classic putter that has a great feel. The new black selects that came out in 2012 have a deeper milling than previous years which provides a softer sound/feel

Putters are very personal so if you like the way it looks, it gives you confidence and you roll it well, then go for it!

Cameron Newport 2 ?

First off, welcome to THP.
There are quite a few Scotty Cameron fans here that will be able to give you better feedback than I will.
But I did move this over to the putter section so that they can jump in and give you some reviews.

Hey thanks a lot. New here, didn't know where to post it.

Classic putter that has a great feel. The new black selects that came out in 2012 have a deeper milling than previous years which provides a softer sound/feel

Putters are very personal so if you like the way it looks, it gives you confidence and you roll it well, then go for it!

Yes that's the one I've been looking at, the Black Mist I believe it is. I always hit clubs before I buy them, I never just buy one to buy it, but the look of that putter really caught my eye. As much as I believe in hitting them before you buy I also believe you have to like what it looks like also. I'm going to try it out at the end of the week. I was just wondering what the feedback would be from the people who own it or have owned it.

While I don't own a Newport 2, I have in the past and still do use a Scotty Cameron California Del Mar, Bottom line I will never replace the Del Mar I have...Deep Milled Face, and the roll I get is second to none, I used to own a Scotty 2 and the reason I switched to the Del Mar was my own personal Preference is a Mid Mallet style...The feel you get will be incredible, You may want to switch grips as a lot of people do including me but give it a try, I promise you won't be sorry

Looking at a Newport 2 , really like the look of this putter, was just wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone who owns it or has owned it.

I do have the Newport 2 Select putter. Personally, it's the best putter I've had. Sound/Feel are great. I did put a super stroke 3.0 on it and the putter is 5x more lethal. I roll a 34". It isn't the most forgiving putter I had as the TM corza ghost mallet putter was probably best in that category. Once you find the sweet spot on this putter (SC), it will treat you well. I would defn. try it out first however.

I love my Studio Select Newport 2.

When I decided I wanted a new putter, about a year ago now, I spent hours hitting everything I could lay hands on. I'm not sure why, but I'm not partial to the feel you get from most face inserts and I slowly gravitated toward the milled putters for their feel but winced a bit as the price tags hung from the clubs increased along with the smoothness of the feel. I had looked at the Scotty Cameron putters early on being drawn by their looks, but had abandoned the idea when I saw the price. But as I continued my shopping I found myself considering clubs that were closer and closer to the price of a Scotty. Okay so they were back in the race and after hitting several they became the only brand on the table.

As has been said, putter selection is very personal and I'd definitely recommend trying as many as you can. I love the black finish on mine, but that too is a matter of taste. I looked at Scotty's web site the other day and they have a whole new line, the Select and California lines seem to have merged and black heads seem to be out of style this year.

Finally, though there are a lot of good putters out there for far less than the price of a Scotty; in my opinion anyone that feels $300+ for a good driver is fair but too much for a good putter has their priorities misaligned.

Back