Wearing Sunglasses While Playing Golf

I can't wear sunglasses while playing golf. For me it feels as they add a depth perception I haven't been able to grasp.

I have extremely sensitive blue eyes and am a Slave to my prescription Bolle sunglasses. About time for a replacement as they are going on 3 years. I have a light prescription but it is enough to make me not want to change anything up by taking them off for putting plus I don't think it's necessary. They stay on from the moment I leave the garage to the second I pull back in the garage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I think I said this before on the site, but I pretty much have to wear sunglasses whenever I am outside, even on most grey days. A product of having one pupil bigger than the other due to an old eye injury. If I try to do anything outside without sunglasses ends up with me squinting big time or a headache 30 minutes later. I started wearing polarized sunglasses a few years ago and they are perfect for me. So after many years of wearing, they don't bother me when I am hitting.

I can't wear sunglasses while playing golf. For me it feels as they add a depth perception I haven't been able to grasp.

Ditto. I hit everything fat when I where shades. No big deal though because I ALWAYS where a hat or visor.

I will almost always have my Oakleys on while on the course or the range. I don't even notice that I have them on.

Until I had to get prescription glasses, if I was outside I had on sunglasses. I did order a new pair today as I hate squinting & would like to protect my eyes better & save my sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm probably not justified, but I'm convinced that when I am wearing them, it messes up my vision and effects my game. I usually have them and wear them during breaks in play but will sometimes forget to take them off. As soon as I hit a bad shot I remember they are on ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the various lenses Oakley has they are my favorite. I have several pair & lenses depending on how overcast the day is. They are light and when they are on I really dont notice they are on.

I wear them all the time, unless it's too dark of course. But that usually doesn't happen as I use the Oakley G30 lenses, so even on dark days, I still wear them usually.

Prescription lenses - on all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually have them sitting on top of my hat bill, but don't wear them unless the sun is low and I'm hitting into it. They seem to mess with my depth perception a bit so I prefer not wearing them.

I have to wear sunglasses anytime outside, much less golfing. One of the very few downsides of LASIK.

I have never been able to get comfortable with sunglasses on. I will wear my standard aviators on the practice putting green, but once I hit the course no sunglasses for me.

I have yet to find a pair of sades that doesn't distort the ground to ball to clubhead aspect when I look down through them. usually makes them look a bit further away and puts a concave appearance on what I know is flat ground...granted I have never purchased a pair of sunglasses that cost more than 15 bucks so that probably has something to do with it...I wear em until I set up over a shot and then stick em up on my hat

I just cant do it.

I wear them all the time. If you don't take them on and off you adjust. Then again I always wear high-quality lenses and find that they can actually enhance detail rather than distort.

Maui Jim is my current favorite...and yes, you develop good habits to not lose or break them. :)

I wish I could find a pair that set decently on my small head and didn't feel like they were going to fall off of my face when making a swing.

I wish I could find a pair that set decently on my small head and didn't feel like they were going to fall off of my face when making a swing.

I worried a out that too but both oakleys I have stay put nicely.

Almost always have my sunglasses with me, I wear a pair of Under Armour which do a great job, barely notice they're there.

Check out oakleys Asian Fit line. They are designed for smaller heads

I have never been one to wear sunglasses on the course. Mostly because my current every day sunglasses (Oakley Five Squared) just didn't seem to work all that well for golf. While they fit my face appropriately enough, there design is such that in my peripheral vision, I can see out of the frames both above and below the glasses/lenses.

Due to a mixup on a trade-in credit, I ended up taking a flyer on a pair of Oakely Flak Jacket XLJ with normal G30 iridium lenses. I wore them yesterday for the first time, and holy cow what a difference! I'm not sure they improved my vision tracking the ball or reading the greens, but the design has my entire vision field behind the lenses...alleviating the "dizzy" effect I got from my other Oakleys where I could see both through and around the lenses. The fit is perfect on my face, and they fit WAY better under my cap as well. I put them on yesterday at 10:00 am and never took them off until the sun went down. I already plan on wearing them exclusively on the course.

I always wear sunglasses when the suns out.

Back