Dgvillere

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a SLDR driver, but didn't have a head cover or wrench for it so I got one on ebay and it came apparently with 2 weights a 25g and a 2.5g what are they for and where do they go?

Apparently they go to ghost manta putter and we're in wrong bag

I do belive that TMAG is going to release some weights for SLDR eventually

Where would they be put?

You can pull of the plate near the toe(requires heat) and replace the sliding weight with one of a diffrent weight

You can pull of the plate near the toe(requires heat) and replace the sliding weight with one of a diffrent weight

I can only imagine a heavier weight being beneficial. What would a lighter weight do for us?

There is no freaking way TaylorMade will sanction something that requires heat. I can just see the liability lawsuits from idiots burning down their house because they can feel the difference between D2 and D4.

There is no freaking way TaylorMade will sanction something that requires heat. I can just see the liability lawsuits from idiots burning down their house because they can feel the difference between D2 and D4.

Hmmm... That does seem dangerous.

[taking notes]

You need the heat to remove the plate so you can access the SLDR weight we use heat all the time when you pull shafts how is this any diffrent i did not say it was an easy change like the R1
you could do it without but might damage the club not something for Avg Guy to change

You need the heat to remove the plate so you can access the SLDR weight we use heat all the time when you pull shafts how is this any diffrent i did not say it was an easy change like the R1
you could do it without but might damage the club not something for Avg Guy to change

This is the exact reason why some OEMs limit their adapters availability.

If you slide the weight all the way to the heel you can get a small thin screwdriver in to pop the cover off.

If you slide the weight all the way to the heel you can get a small thin screwdriver in to pop the cover off.

I'm sure Taylormade approves of that.

I can only imagine a heavier weight being beneficial. What would a lighter weight do for us?

It is all used for swing weighting the club. Most of the drivers now are being mad for a super light shaft but if you use a heavier weight shaft, with the same head, the swing weight does through the roof. You either need to shorten the shaft or you need a lighter weight so the head doesn't feel super heavy.

I was told that you can do that but heating the double stick tape a little bit helps it release and makes it easier to remove the plate with out maring the driver

It is all used for swing weighting the club. Most of the drivers now are being mad for a super light shaft but if you use a heavier weight shaft, with the same head, the swing weight does through the roof. You either need to shorten the shaft or you need a lighter weight so the head doesn't feel super heavy.

Swing weight is over thought IMO.

There is a Version 2 on Tour that has a removable toe weight a la the Burner 2.0.

No clue on if they will ever bring it to market

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I'm sure Taylormade approves of that.

From what I have heard/read that is the Taylormade approved way of doing it. On the tour heads there is now a screw holding this plate down after CHIII's DQ last year. The plate is just there to cover the weight and hide the hot melt access port.

From what I have heard/read that is the Taylormade approved way of doing it. On the tour heads there is now a screw holding this plate down after CHIII's DQ last year. The plate is just there to cover the weight and hide the hot melt access port.

But that's work done by Taylormade. I trust above anything else.

Having spoken with Taylormade regarding tour issue clubs, I want no part of those clubs.

There is a Version 2 on Tour that has a removable toe weight a la the Burner 2.0.

No clue on if they will ever bring it to market

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Never seen that one before as far as i know the version 2 is the retail version the version 1 is the prototype it had a screw insted of a plate. All Tour SLDRs have that screw because if the plate comes off druring a round the will be DQed ask CHIII

Swing weight is over thought IMO.

I agree some what, I can't tell the different between D2 and D4 but with the 74g Fujikura shaft I have in my R1 V2 I sure could tell the difference in a stock R1 head when the swing weight was D7 or D8.

I agree some what, I can't tell the different between D2 and D4 but with the 74g Fujikura shaft I have in my R1 V2 I sure could tell the difference in a stock R1 head when the swing weight was D7 or D8.

Isn't the a v2 head heavier than a stock head?

Isn't the a v2 head heavier than a stock head?

No it is lighter so weight can be more easily manupulated with hot melt or weights to reach the desired swing weight My R11s V1 is 10 grams heavier than R11s V2

Ha. That's funny. :clapp:

Back