New Bridgestone Putter Preview - True Balance Putters

DCBrad had teased that he rolled one at a golf expo, but I never did see his thoughts on it. I'm really interested in getting my hands on on of these to see how different true balance feels, and especially the size of the grip.

Ahhhhh I totes forgot. I was typing all those Wilson thoughts up and I completely blanked on it, then I was brought in on top secret government chiropractic work. I'd tell ya, but if have to kill you.. :alien:

These putters are definitely different. I did get a chance to roll them in Myrtle, but didn't get a ton of time.

The expo allowed me to spend a little more time with them. Talking with the rep, he said that these putters were 100% endorsed by Mike Shannon and, apparently, these were originally going to be called "Mike Shannon Putters." Kind of like the Scotty Camerons. Thought that was kinds interesting.

Moving on! I'm a guy who likes a bit more weight in the head of my putters, and that puts these right up my alley. I really felt like I could put a consistent stroke on the ball and felt my tempo was controlled as well.

The one thing I just did not really like much is the grip. Maybe with more time spent, I would be able to get used to it, but I just didn't enjoy the feel of it. I'm not saying it is just unbearable, but it is completely different then any grip out there right now. I think I could form a better opinion of it though after spending more time with it.

Again, sorry for the delay guys. Overall I think these putters can do a lot of good things for golfers, especially in helping with tempo.

This would be a sweet prize for winning the OC outing :)

Do you think that regripping these would be a big time No-No?
I would think so, plus I bet it would be tough to find a grip that weighed just as little.

I got my hand on these at the golf show today. I think these are nice looking putters but my quick assessment was they are a bit of an acquired taste. The grip was oversized - or at least felt oversized - and had kind of a styrofoam feel. I noticed the texture almost as much as the weight difference. The brightness of the grip was kind of surprisingly a non-issue...in the pictures it looked so vibrant and all, but in person it was nada. The putter felt stable through the stroke so I believe the technology is there. But I suspect it might take an adjustment period to get past those weight and feel differences.

I got my hand on these at the golf show today. I think these are nice looking putters but my quick assessment was they are a bit of an acquired taste. The grip was oversized - or at least felt oversized - and had kind of a styrofoam feel. I noticed the texture almost as much as the weight difference. The brightness of the grip was kind of surprisingly a non-issue...in the pictures it looked so vibrant and all, but in person it was nada. The putter felt stable through the stroke so I believe the technology is there. But I suspect it might take an adjustment period to get past those weight and feel differences.

Were you able to roll all three styles? If so what one did you prefer?

Wondering this as well. Wonder if he got to roll the "normal" steel version.

That is really to hear. That feeling of stability helps with confidence.

Yes, all three, but I didn't have a lot of time. I think it is a little bit of a trick question because the one model had the standard grip and weighting, which automatically gives it a leg up just because it feels normal. The other two were really a push. Sorry I can't be more help.

Anyone know if any of the Bridgestone Staffers on tour are rolling these? I have been searching, but haven't came up with anything yet.

I've been looking as well, but have not seen anything yet.

JM

I enjoyed rolling the prototypes that Josh from Bridgestone showed us last year at the Morgan Cup.....very easy to put a solid stroke on the ball with the balance on these things.

I am definitely awaiting the release of these to get ahold of one. Been on my ponder list for quite sometime.

I am definitely awaiting the release of these to get ahold of one. Been on my ponder list for quite sometime.

I can't wait to try one of these putters!!! Anyone know when the actually released?

Haven't heard of a specific date, but sometime in March.

Well if I haven't had a chance to test one before OC hopefully there will be one there to get our hands on!!!

I got a look and feel of the two graphite shafted true balance putters today at the golf show in Seattle. The grip is "different" and was told it will come in two sizes. The one you've all seen and a smaller one. It is just like the foam in the upper sole of some sports shoes. Going again tomorrow and spend a little more time with it. Can't wait for them to hit the retail stores.

Found out from Bridgestone that these will not be coming to the UK. What a shame, was looking forward to trying these.

Found out from Bridgestone that these will not be coming to the UK. What a shame, was looking forward to trying these.

Really strange they would not bring them here? Are they going to be available in Europe at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really strange they would not bring them here? Are they going to be available in Europe at all?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure to be honest, I just emailed them directly from the UK site. Their general lack of presence here does seem odd, I thought this might be the start of a push in the UK.

I hope these are at the invitationals I really want to roll one soon!

Any release date announced on them yet?

Having a few at the events would be awesome!

Latest I have heard is March. No specific date set yet. What I do know once I find one it will have my name written all over it.

Nice point! Would be interesting to see these at the Bridgestone Invitationals.

Back