Foursome of Pro Athetes

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
If you could pick one player from each of the three major sports Baseball, Basketball and Football to complete your foursome who would you pick..and why if you choose to say.

Mine:
Basketball: Stephen Curry, seems like an allaround good guy and has a serious golf game.

Football: Peyton Manning, probably my favorite football player, and I'm sure it would be just like playing with a good buddy.

Baseball: Bryce Harper, plays for my favorite team, have no idea what his game is like, but I bet he doesn't layup----EVER!! ha

Let's here'em

Basketball: Dirk Nowitzki. Huge Mavericks fan, and I have actually met him a couple times and he seems like a really nice guy and a lot of fun.

Football: Peyton Manning: Seems like a good guy and is a pretty good golfer.

Baseball: Joe Kelly. Pitcher for the Cardinals. I have talked to him on twitter a couple of times about golf, he likes Callaway products and we have even discussed his potential bag setup. He is hilarious on twitter so I imagine a round with him would be very lighthearted.

Charles Barkely, Lawrence Taylor, and Doc Gooden. I think I could beat...one of them. Would be a fun round either way.

Football: Aaron Rodgers. I'm a cheesehead

Basketball: Jimmy Butler. Bulls fan. Seems like he is down to earth and a great kid.

Baseball: Hmm this is a tough one because I don't watch a whole lot, probably someone like Jeter. He keeps his life so personal I'd love to talk to him for 18 holes

And just for kicks,

Hockey: Brent Seabrook. I have met him before and he was a great guy.

Baseball: Greg Maddox. I'd love to talk baseball with him during the round, and he seems like a fun guy to hang out with.

Basketball: Jordan. I've always wanted to see what it would be like to wager on practice green putts.

Football: Spurrier. I'm pretty certain he could get me on at Augusta National. Click-Clack.

Football: Aaron Rodgers. I'm a cheesehead

Basketball: Jimmy Butler. Bulls fan. Seems like he is down to earth and a great kid.

Baseball: Hmm this is a tough one because I don't watch a whole lot, probably someone like Jeter. He keeps his life so personal I'd love to talk to him for 18 holes

And just for kicks,

Hockey: Brent Seabrook. I have met him before and he was a great guy.
I'm the GM of the course, I'll make a local rule allowing Fivesomes :)

Baseball: Greg Maddox. I'd love to talk baseball with him during the round, and he seems like a fun guy to hang out with.

Basketball: Jordan. I've always wanted to see what it would be like to wager on practice green putts.

Football: Spurrier. I'm pretty certain he could get me on at Augusta National. Click-Clack.

Is this the same Greg who plays for the Braves? Maddux? :alien:

I like the Spurrier one, would be a blast. I know when he was coach of the Redskins, he made the rounds to all nice private clubs..probably a little too often based on his record here :)

Is this the same Greg who plays for the Braves? Maddux? :alien:

Nope. Greg Maddox. Journeyman AAA pitcher for the Memphis Redbirds. Really long off the tee.

Nope. Greg Maddox. Journeyman AAA pitcher for the Memphis Redbirds. Really long off the tee.

Memphis Redbirds huh? I'll have to look him up. That's a Cardinals affiliate but the name doesn't ring any bells

Football - Drew Brees - he is a class act.
Baseball - Kent Hrbek - I was a big Twins fan back when they won the 1987 and 1991 World Series and he was my favorite player. I caddied in his foursome once at Tom Lehman's charity event and he offered me beers on the back nine and I gladly accepted. I like to buy him a couple beers for being a normal guy and treating me with respect - the other celebrities in the foursome were jerks.
Basketball - nobody
Hockey - Wayne Gretzky

Football: Darrel Green - Just an all around good guy and one of my favorite pro players ever.
Basketball: Jordan - It's Michael Jordan.
Baseball: Cal Ripken Jr. - Not really an O's fan but grew up watching Cal as a kid. Think he'd be fun to play with.

Basketball: Michael Jordan
Baseball: Babe Ruth
Football: Joe Montana

Not going off of golfing ability and strictly who I'd want to meet, I would go:

Basketball: Akeem Olajuwon; Houston icon and arguably the greatest athlete in Houston history
Baseball: Ken Griffey Jr.; he was my sports idol growing up
Football: Adrian Peterson; Boomer Sooner!
Hockey: Dominik Hasek; no good reason, but the guy was awesome!

That is a solid 3 there.

Baseball: George Brett
Football: Gale Sayers
Basketball: I don't follow basketball much. Just make it a threesome.

Basketball: Steph Curry, I graduated before he got to Davidson, but I saw him when I went back for reunions and he is a really nice guy. He's a pretty good player as well.

Hockey: Brett Hull, he was my favorite player growing up.

Baseball: Mitch Williams, I played in an outing with him and he is hilarious, hits it a mile but has no clue where it is going.

Football: Mike Quick, another guy who I have had a blast playing with, he has great stories and is very friendly.

Basketball- Michael Jordan: Favorite athlete of all time.
Baseball- Derek Jeter: As a lifelong Yankees fan who is 30 I pretty much grew up with Derek Jeter playing SS day in and day out.
Football- Drew Brees: Been a Saints fan my whole life and Brees bringing home that Super Bowl ring puts him as my favorite Saints player.

Baseball - Tim Wakefield

Football - John Elway

Hockey - Joe Sakic

Football: Jerry Rice, his team did win BB! Plus life long niner fan.

Basketball: Jordan... Nuff said... Plus he would smoke a few cigars with me.

Baseball: would be Smoltz as he is a stick and very few guys have done what he did in pro ball. Would love to talk to him about it.

Hockey (don't watch or know Basketball) ~ Patrick Marleau, met him as a rookie was very cool took time to engage in a brief convo when he didn't need to. (this was a toss up between patty and McSorely)

Baseball ~ Dusty Baker
Football ~ Peyton Manning ( Still mad at Tom Brady for what he did to my fantasy team this year :angry: )

I would Ride with Patty and look to gain mental strength insights from Baker and Manning!

Football: Jerry Rice, his team did win BB! Plus life long niner fan.

Basketball: Jordan... Nuff said... Plus he would smoke a few cigars with me.

Baseball: would be Smoltz as he is a stick and very few guys have done what he did in pro ball. Would love to talk to him about it.

Probably My favorite athlete of all time, pure class.

Football: Herschell Walker. My favorite athlete ever. (dunno if he plays golf or not though).

Baseball: John Smoltz. It was a toss up between him and Maddux.

Basketball: Michael Jordan - I haven't really watched pro basketball since he retired.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Football - Peyton Manning
Baseball - Dale Murphy
Basketball - Larry Bird (my wife's hero, so she'd be tagging along)

Back