Is there a particular shaft brand that just never seems to agree with you?

Project X. That seems to a either you love it or hate it brand :)

I have never gotten along with project x wood shafts. I dont mind their iron shafts at all though...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I seem to get along with PX graphite offerings but not their iron shafts. Aldila has always been an issue for me just can't stand the feel of them apart from the Phenom which was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldila wood shafts, never found one I really liked.

Wow... thought it was just me. PX here as well.

However, I did recently try the PX 95 Flighted in some xHot Pro irons and thought they were great.

I do have a theory about this though. Let's use Callaway as the example and their use of the PXv Tour shaft in the xHot Pro wood range last year; 5.5 was considered regular and 6.0 was considered stiff. Realistically, the stock shafts in other woods are waaayyy less stout than that in their respective flexes, and I believe that stoutness (read 'dull', 'lifeless', 'unable to load', etc.) pushes people to dislike PX.

My driver swing speed is 100-102mph (3 wood around 97mph) with a moderate transition and I feel the PXv 6.0 stiff that came stock in my 3Deep was too much shaft for me...

Matrix shafts. I have never met one I liked.

Wow, I'd be lying if I say this thread didn't hurt a little!

But we can only get better by learning. So if you are one of the guys who doesn't get along with my handiwork I'd love to know what PX shafts you have tried, what didn't work for you (feel, flight, etc..) and what your gamer is. Feel free to PM me or post right here in the forum.

-Don
Designer Project X Graphite

Well I guess that I am an anomaly, I love the PX steel in my irons and graphite in the driver, they both give me a little lower ball flight that I was looking for.

Never liked the stock Matrix shafts that Taylormade put in their drivers and fairway's. They always ballooned on me, even the club fitter suggested PX or KBS, the PX just felt better.

The KBS Tour iron shafts blow away the Dynamic Golds and Rifle shafts I played for 35 years. With graphite driver shafts, I have a dozen different ones that I love. Fubuki ZT in a X flex is the newest flavor that I like.

KBS tours and 90's - I keep trying to put them in my irons! Maybe it is me but they just don't feel right in the shaft/flex I should play and have tried. Only ones I seem to like I have no business playing (KBS CTapers).

I've also never liked the Project X shafts, but I have to say that the new PXi shafts feel as good as the KBS shafts that I love.

Only ones I seem to like I have no business playing (KBS CTapers).
Cats, I love the C-Tapers and I thought the same thing before I tested them. When I A/B's the C-tapers against all others they were 10 yards longer and dispersion was better, didn't matter the club head I was using. Don't count them out!

Back