#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Love it!

Awesome! !

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

I'm headed down to Mobile, Alabama for work this weekend. I'll have Sunday off so booked myself for Magnolia Grove on The Robert Trent Jones Trail. $88 for unlimited golf. Will be playing The Crossings course at 8:00am and The Falls course at 1:30pm. I'm looking forward to getting on some bermuda greens to see how my putting and green reading is. Should give me a nice warmup leading into the HHI invitational and #TheKing.

I'm headed down to Mobile, Alabama for work this weekend. I'll have Sunday off so booked myself for Magnolia Grove on The Robert Trent Jones Trail. $88 for unlimited golf. Will be playing The Crossings course at 8:00am and The Falls course at 1:30pm. I'm looking forward to getting on some bermuda greens to see how my putting and green reading is. Should give me a nice warmup leading into the HHI invitational and #TheKing.

Sounds like an awesome time! When you get some experience on those Burmuda greens, come to my course and give me some lessons ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow that's really weird, there's a course out here near Richmond that is in Magnolia Green (i'm actually on the verge of joining) that is a Robert Trent Jones course, and one of the nearby member courses you can play is the Crossings. Do i need to brush up on my golf knowledge on why the names would be the same, or is that a huge coincidence?

Anyway, have fun over there!

wow that's really weird, there's a course out here near Richmond that is in Magnolia Green (i'm actually on the verge of joining) that is a Robert Trent Jones course, and one of the nearby member courses you can play is the Crossings. Do i need to brush up on my golf knowledge on why the names would be the same, or is that a huge coincidence?

Anyway, have fun over there!

That is interesting. I'm unsure if there is a connection. The Crossings at Mobile has a RailRoad crossing near a couple of holes. I think that's where that course gets its name.

A box of Big Bertha Drivers still in the plastic.
Oooooh baby!
I told a guy at GolfTown about #TheKing and how I was getting a Big Bertha and he insists that I got scammed and that Callaway would never give away a Big Bertha. His loss haha.

Anyone here think they made the wrong choice with their drivers now that we've all had a chance to hit them? I wasn't going to even swing a different combo to keep the seeds of doubt out of my mind but I couldn't resist and the regular BB with an X-flex was near impossible to find.

After hitting both BB and BBA in every flex I am the longest with the BBA in stiff and I am the most accurate with the BB in X-stiff. Therefore I think I made the right choice for #TheKing as I'm sure fairways will be more important than a couple extra yards at Omni Championsgate.

I love that the guy thinks you got scammed, if he only knew, haha. Love seeing the picture of the box o' Berthas, it's getting real. 2 more days and I'm on a plane to play some real golf.

Anyone here think they made the wrong choice with their drivers now that we've all had a chance to hit them? I wasn't going to even swing a different combo to keep the seeds of doubt out of my mind but I couldn't resist and the regular BB with an X-flex was near impossible to find.

After hitting both BB and BBA in every flex I am the longest with the BBA in stiff and I am the most accurate with the BB in X-stiff. Therefore I think I made the right choice for #TheKing as I'm sure fairways will be more important than a couple extra yards at Omni Championsgate.

I've swung both the BB and the BBA on a sim, and then the BB out on my home course. I think I can make either of them work. Spin numbers seemed high on the sim when I swung the BB. I haven't hit either with a real launch monitor which I'd certainly love to do at some point. However, I've decided that I'm not going to swing either again until we are all in Orlando. The Callaway guys with us down there should have plenty of advice to help me get the BB dialed in pretty well. In the meantime I think I really need to just swing my current driver and get my swing grooved.

I still think I made the right choice with the BB, won't know for sure though until April. The excitement keeps growing though.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Oooooh baby!
I told a guy at GolfTown about #TheKing and how I was getting a Big Bertha and he insists that I got scammed and that Callaway would never give away a Big Bertha. His loss haha.

Sounds like another adventure in the tales of the terrible employees at GolfTown hahaha. I want photographic evidence of his face when you bring in your brand new Bertha hehe :act-up:

I haven't swung the Alpha yet, and I probably won't, just cause I don't want to plant the seeds of doubt. But the stiff 10.5 BB gave me pretty good numbers, so I still think I made a good choice. Just need to get the settings correct, which will definitely take some time - may do a preliminary fitting in a lesson to get a decent idea of a good setting.

I probably made the right choice. But I did hit the Alpha, and I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a small part of me and my ego that wishes I picked that. The numbers on the launch monitor were just perfect with it, and I hit it almost 30 yards further. Just a little tougher to control.

I don't think I did. I went with the 10.5 BB in stiff, and I have hit that and the 9.0 BB at the golf shop. I was having slightly better carry with the 9.0, so we'll see if I loft down to 9.5 with mine. Having that range of loft available will prove to be advantageous.

I know 2 things:

1) I picked the right driver

2) 57 days til GO TIME!

ArmyGolfer -- It's hard to tell with just a few swings at Dick's Sporting Goods. It felt really good and I believe the 10.5 loft is going to work out great. I was going back and forth between it and the 13.5 head. I wish I could have had some outdoor range time with it. :thumb:

Ummmm, NO, absolutely made the right choice! Just posted this in the BBA thread and I'll repost here for my King comrades:

Just got back from Golfsmith after a golftec lesson. I got the BBA in the stock X-stiff shaft all to myself on the monitor for about 20 minutes. I started hitting some nice, 12.5 degree launch, 160 ball speed BOMBS with it, but they were all curving too far left. I happened to glance over at the table and there lay a Callaway torque wrench. I promptly switched the 1 and 7 gram weights, checked to see if the gravity core was down (it was) and had at it again. Also, the driver was set at +1 loft and neutral lie. I left that as it was.

And.... Nirvana!! 8 or 10 swings and had averages of 13 degrees of launch, 159-160 ball speed, 2050 spin, azimuth of +2, side spin about -300 (draw), carry of almost 280, total distance 309! This included one bomb of 325 yards that landed 1 yard off center. Dispersion was much better too, average of 6 yards left of center. And this was with a fairly smooth swing to boot.

I don't know if I can do much better than this, but maybe I can get a little more carry by putting it up to +2 on loft. I'm VERY psyched to get to game this bad boy shortly. #theKing can't come fast enough!

325 yard bomb? Sure am glad you're with Harry :)

Awesome feedback

325 yard bomb? Sure am glad you're with Harry :)

Awesome feedback

Heh, well, the carry was over 290. In Florida there will not be 30 yard rollout, but I'll take 290 all day, and if I can keep it straight like in the sim, it could be a lot of fun at #theKing!

Sounds like another adventure in the tales of the terrible employees at GolfTown hahaha. I want photographic evidence of his face when you bring in your brand new Bertha hehe :act-up:

^^^^^^^^^ This absolutely this

Paid in full!

image3xl.jpg

Let's do this!

Back