Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Garmin Approach Special Edition arrived yesterday.Anyone have one?I'm hoping it's pretty reliable with finding courses and distances.

My Garmin Approach Special Edition arrived yesterday.Anyone have one?I'm hoping it's pretty reliable with finding courses and distances.

I'm trying to sell the Sky Caddie watch I won to buy a range finder. I want something I can use for practicing as well. I'd like to know how close the indicated range yardages really are. Let us know what you think!

Finding courses? Do you get lost on the way? :alien:

In all seriousness, I am interested to hear how it works for you. Between my Bushnell Z6 and your Garmin - we should be all set for NYSGA events!

I know this is more of a equipment thread topic, but I have to say my GPS app I have on my phone is awesome. It was only $29.99 and it almost instantly lists every course around me plus breaks the course down by front and back as well as if the course has 27 holes it will recognize it and break it down by course (east, west....)

I know this is more of a equipment thread topic, but I have to say my GPS app I have on my phone is awesome. It was only $29.99 and it almost instantly lists every course around me plus breaks the course down by front and back as well as if the course has 27 holes it will recognize it and break it down by course (east, west....)

Which app is this?

In all seriousness, I am interested to hear how it works for you. Between my Bushnell Z6 and your Garmin - we should be all set for NYSGA events!
Well I've also got the voice activated"I'm Caddie" which has been great.I wonder,can you use more than one GPS in a sanctioned event?

Which app is this?

GolfShot GPS.

scorecard, club tracking, fairways hit/missed, GIR, distances from all landmarks (water, bunkers...), yardage to certain distances (how far away you are from a 100 and 150 yrd shot), plus all your statistics in graphs and pie charts and a handicap tracker. I think you can dial in your clubs and distances so it will give you your suggested club for the situation but I didn't spend time doing that.

My phone is so old it runs on lighter fluid.This was the better choice for me!

Both places look good. This weekend is tough for me as we are in Boston finalizing the sale of our house there. Next weekend in the evening or even the one after that during the day would work for me. If others wanted to join that would be cool and we could try and book a few hours on one of the sims. I would definitely be game for just doing the outdoor heated range, too.

Sounds good, I'll call and see what's open next weekend and the one after. I'll call legends first, maybe get there early to hit the outdoor range then a round on the sim? Make your trip worth while that way.

Anyone else interested in joining us before I call and check in tee times?

My friend uses a watch GPS and likes it, but I don't know what type.

Allan, I have a Garmin S3 and love it. In fact, rounds where I forget to grab it off the charger, I am lost without it. That being said, I'm also thinking of adding a Rangefinder as well. The GPS watch is awesome for front/middle/back and even some dogleg distances, but when I'm looking for a distance to a tree, or water, or a bunker, or whatever it doesn't help much.

Allan, I have a Garmin S3 and love it. In fact, rounds where I forget to grab it off the charger, I am lost without it. That being said, I'm also thinking of adding a Rangefinder as well. The GPS watch is awesome for front/middle/back and even some dogleg distances, but when I'm looking for a distance to a tree, or water, or a bunker, or whatever it doesn't help much.

You should buy my Sky Caddie watch for the opposite wrist. :alien:

i like my bushnell ranger finder, works for practice and the course. i even used it in the paddock dome. only problem i have had with it is when there are large trees behind the flag, you have to have a very steady hand to pick up the flag when the wind is not blowing or you will pick up the larger trees

Thanks Pete.At least I know they're reliable.

Any chatter about where we're staying in OC?Would like to know we have a place(it is a resort area and it books up)

Any chatter about where we're staying in OC?Would like to know we have a place(it is a resort area and it books up)
Jlukes posted a link to a hotel that seemed to be a good deal. Martin mentioned something about getting one of the places on the golf course, but I'm not sure the details of that. I think I'll start looking this weekend, as prices are only going to go UP.

Jlukes posted a link to a hotel that seemed to be a good deal. Martin mentioned something about getting one of the places on the golf course, but I'm not sure the details of that. I think I'll start looking this weekend, as prices are only going to go UP.
Good!I just need a bed and sink

Who else from NY is going? Aaron, Martin, you and I? I know Mike is going, but he's bringing the wife right? Something about an anniversary....not sure he wants to room with us. Did I miss anyone? What are all of you guys thinking for lodging?

Andy is going as well and is bringing the family.

As for lodging - can we find anything that would house the 4 of us?

Andy is going as well and is bringing the family.

As for lodging - can we find anything that would house the 4 of us?
How'd I forget him? Sorry Andy!

I'd be interested in a house if others were. Sounded like Martin was talking about getting an apartment on the course, that would sleep 6 (?) of us. Either would work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back