Favorite cold weather ball?

jimonious

Reaction score
Handicap
This winter is the gift that keeps on giving. While I realize that many haven't been able to get out at all since old man winter came to town, I'm wondering what the rest of you playing through chilly temps have been rolling across those rock hard greens.

I'm from California and this is my first big winter since I've moved to DC so I've had the opportunity to play in some icy and frozen conditions for the first time. It's been a bit of a struggle for me so I'm looking for some insight.

After a couple of rounds with the Taylormade Project A ball I am starting to think that may be my winter ball now.

Oops, thought I was in equipment. Can someone move it for me?

Wilson Duo for me. Hands down.

Any votes for the Callaway super soft? I know people were pretty anticipatory of using it in the cold when it came out but in haven't heard much since

DUO! Cold weather and warm weather.

Any votes for the Callaway super soft? I know people were pretty anticipatory of using it in the cold when it came out but in haven't heard much since
I'll be trying these out...when the two feet of snow melts.

E6 and Q Star

I use the same ball no matter what time of year. I played the Hex Black Tour last winter. Too much snow to even think about playing this winter, I would probably keep using the HBT until I run out and can move on the the SR2.

E5 for me. This winter has been nice with them.

Either the Gamer Tour or e6

Epic skim alert....is the e5 softer than the e6?

They both bounce off trees and cart path similar.
I have no technical information to give :)

Epic skim alert....is the e5 softer than the e6?

E6 is supposed to be straighter and limit side spin (or reduce) E5 is supposed to give better/read more spin around the green

99% sure this is correct. e5 is a two piece and the E6 is 3
Hawk had a great post the other day (or maybe last week) explaining the difference between two/three piece balls, urethane/non-urethane covers, etc. and now I can't find it.

I have a box of e5s sitting on my coffee table, bought them last fall thinking they were the softest of the e series.

Hawk had a great post the other day (or maybe last week) explaining the difference between two/three piece balls, urethane/non-urethane covers, etc. and now I can't find it.

I have a box of e5s sitting on my coffee table, bought them last fall thinking they were the softest of the e series.

I'm pretty sure you are correct.

I'm a high HC'er, but FWIW I like the Wilson Staff Elite 50 in the cold. Great feel around the greens, nice and soft even in the cold, and cheap.

B-stone E6

E6 all weather

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back