NHL 2013-2014 Season

I love goalie masks, they're really creative and just overall awesome.

So many injuries coming from the Olympics.

I wonder how the Islanders feel about the NHL going to the Olympics after this.

Canucks aren't too thrilled with Kesler's injury either.

I can't believe that the Canucks are going to miss the playoffs this year. They've lost 7 in a row and need to go 14-4-4 in their last 22 games to get to 95 points and have a chance of making it. Not happening.

Pumped to have NHL back in my life. Caps vs. Panthers tonight in about an hour

Wish we could trade the Milwaukee Bucks for an NHL team.... still can't figure that one out. It'd be a great Milwaukee/Chicago rivalry....

Just so everyone knows NHL center ice is free this week ! Great to have the NHL back on even though I enjoyed the Olympics.

Miller and Ott to the Blues for Halak, Stewart, Carrier, and a 1st Rd pick in 2015 and a 3rd in 2016. I hate to see Stewie and Halak go, but they are the streakiest damn players on the face of the earth. Either other world good or plain terrible.

Via nhl.com

ST. LOUIS - The Blues have acquired goaltender Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier, a first-round draft pick in 2015 and a third-round draft pick in 2016.

Miller and Ott to the Blues for Halak, Stewart, Carrier, and a 1st Rd pick in 2015 and a 3rd in 2016. I hate to see Stewie and Halak go, but they are the streakiest damn players on the face of the earth. Either other world good or plain terrible.

I have to say Buffalo wins this deal. Miller is a great goalie but I don't know that it makes St. Louis that much better. Time will tell though.

Dang, that is quite the haul. Just glad that its not before tonight's game. Blues are going to be a heck of a tough team come playoff time. Yikes!

Wow that is quite the trade. Good for the Blues making a run for it

Huge risk there

As a Sabres fan, I have say that while I like Ryan Miller, I love that the Sabres made this deal. Not so much for the players they got in return but it truly indicates that this organization is fully committed towards rebuilding and getting back on track. Huge step in the right direction.

I hope:
Miller get's it done in St. Louis.
Ott resigns with Buffalo next year.
The Sabres keep Stewart. He is the closest thing to Lucic in the league.
Someone takes Ennis off their hands.
That they hit with all these 1st round picks.
They're still bad enough next year to get McDavid.

Also being reported that if Miller Resigns or the Blues get to the western conference finals this season then the 3rd round pick in 2016 becomes a first round pick in 2014. Trade gets even better for Buffalo

Also being reported that if Miller Resigns or the Blues get to the western conference finals this season then the 3rd round pick in 2016 becomes a first round pick in 2014. Trade gets even better for Buffalo

They could end up with 3 1st rounders in the 2014 draft, plus whatever else they get in their fire sale.

I love the trade STL made, I think it gives them good momentum for the rest of the year.

Rumours saying Sabres plan on flipping Stewart and Halak.

Might as well. Halak is a UFA at the end of the year anyway. Best case for them is moving Stewart to Ottawa who was after him previously and trying to quickly re-sign Halak or moving him as well. If Miller doesn't resign with STL or the Blues don't go deep, I don't see this as being that great for the sabers. Ott is cheap and stated that he wanted to play there long term. He was also their captain. What are you going to do with 30 18 year old draft picks and no one on the team to teach them how to play like professionals? That hasn't worked out so well in Edmonton.

Like I said, I hope they keep Stewart. Not a lot of big, tough, power forwards, other than Lucic, that can score.

Like I said, I hope they keep Stewart. Not a lot of big, tough, power forwards, other than Lucic, that can score.

As of right now not looking good for him staying. At least if they trade with Ottawa they have a lot of decent assets to go after.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Caps got a 4 to 2 win today vs. The Bruins which is a huge win and they need all they can manage. Wish I could have seen the game, stupid class. Oh well

As of right now not looking good for him staying. At least if they trade with Ottawa they have a lot of decent assets to go after.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do you think he'll even put on a sabres sweater before they play Dallas?

Back