NHL 2013-2014 Season

Do you think he'll even put on a sabres sweater before they play Dallas?

That I have no idea.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Toews goal yesterday was filthy. Wow.

Toews goal yesterday was filthy. Wow.

Hopefully that wakes the Penguins up on Orpik's talent. He's a shell of his old self.

Hopefully that wakes the Penguins up on Orpik's talent. He's a shell of his old self.

I heard he's still crawling around on the ice looking for his jockstrap.

I heard he's still crawling around on the ice looking for his jockstrap.

I sure hope so. It's got whatever's left of his dignity in it.

Aww I feel so bad for the Penguins..... Hahaha

Caps vs. Flyers right now. Happy Hockey Day in America everyone!!!!!

Well that sucked Caps basically gifted the game to the Flyers. Buck will try and make you believe otherwise but I know the truth haha

59,800 people at today's Canucks game. Too bad the jersey's are awful haha.

59,800 people at today's Canucks game. Too bad the jersey's are awful haha.

by game do you mean cash grab? I mean gimmick... I mean cash grab gimmick...

6 degrees Celsius and raining. At least all the other outdoor games other than the cash grab gimmick California ones happen in places where out door hockey actually takes place. We have a stupid expensive season ticket package at the office, club seats and the whole 9 yards. So for spending $30,000 a year on tickets, you don't get this game included.... but they will allow you 1st choice on overpriced football stadium seats.

Going to be an interesting year next year when that sell out streak ends. A lot of empty seats that have already been paid for these days.

It was so cold here today, I have no doubts it was freezing watching that game at night!

The Canucks organization is just collapsing at Mike Gillis' hands.
In the last couple years our best prospect (Hodgson), our #1 goalie (Luongo), and our best player (Kesler - allegedly) have all wanted to get off the boat because they see it's going down.
This team simply cannot draft to save it's life. In the event a good prospect falls into our lap we make sure he is stifled by limited ice time, checking line-mates and stingy systems. We then trade him for nothing and watch him prosper somewhere else.
Gillis is unable to pull off key trades without getting fleeced. The only good trade he has done was when San Jose desperately needed to ditch some salary and we got Erhoff.
The team on the ice looks like it has zero confidence in the management and the vision that is being sold to them.
The only way he can resign players is to offer them a no trade clause.

Please oh please let's not be the next Calgary Flames and insist we are contenders for the next 4 years and finish in 9th or 10th every year. I am for a rebuild or re-tool but it scares me to think that Gillis will be in charge of it.

The Canucks organization is just collapsing at Mike Gillis' hands.
In the last couple years our best prospect (Hodgson), our #1 goalie (Luongo), and our best player (Kesler - allegedly) have all wanted to get off the boat because they see it's going down.
This team simply cannot draft to save it's life. In the event a good prospect falls into our lap we make sure he is stifled by limited ice time, checking line-mates and stingy systems. We then trade him for nothing and watch him prosper somewhere else.
Gillis is unable to pull off key trades without getting fleeced. The only good trade he has done was when San Jose desperately needed to ditch some salary and we got Erhoff.
The team on the ice looks like it has zero confidence in the management and the vision that is being sold to them.
The only way he can resign players is to offer them a no trade clause.

Please oh please let's not be the next Calgary Flames and insist we are contenders for the next 4 years and finish in 9th or 10th every year. I am for a rebuild or re-tool but it scares me to think that Gillis will be in charge of it.

If the rumors of what the pens are offering for Kessler are true and he takes that deal, he is going to be putting himself in Mike Milburry territory.

If the rumors of what the pens are offering for Kessler are true and he takes that deal, he is going to be putting himself in Mike Milburry territory.

What have you heard?

Do tell!

I know they turned down a deal that moved Brandon Sutter over. I would think that to get any real interest, they'd be sending him with a D prospect plus 1-2 first rounders.

They were talking sutter, a 1st, a 3rd & one of two b grade d prospects.

Pens wouldn't part with their blue chippers.

Problem being sutter is and will always be a 3rd line center and is 25 and has a pay raise coming. The two picks will be low picks & the prospects can't make the penguins beat up D this year, they aren't likely to be anything special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were talking sutter, a 1st, a 3rd & one of two b grade d prospects.

Pens wouldn't part with their blue chippers.

Problem being sutter is and will always be a 3rd line center and is 25 and has a pay raise coming. The two picks will be low picks & the prospects can't make the penguins beat up D this year, they aren't likely to be anything special.

Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin are said to be the other part of the deal. There's no way the Canucks give up Kesler for picks and a pending UFA third liner.

Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin are said to be the other part of the deal. There's no way the Canucks give up Kesler for picks and a pending UFA third liner.
I sure hope you are right. This trade is going to determine how the Canucks are situated for the next 3-4 years and it cannot be botched.
With Mike Gillis at the helm the Canucks are probably telling Pittsburgh they are offering too much.

Canucks would never take that deal, the one with a 1st, Sutter and the Prospects

-

I really wish my Habs get that number one Center they don't have... I think a Kesler, Ryan O'Reilly would fit in great for what they need

I sure hope you are right. This trade is going to determine how the Canucks are situated for the next 3-4 years and it cannot be botched.
With Mike Gillis at the helm the Canucks are probably telling Pittsburgh they are offering too much.

So far the only sources I've seen come from Pittsburgh, not sure how telling that is.

I'm sure the Pens are interested on Kelser, but are they really going to give up one of two good prospects, plus picks. Not only that, I'm not sure how they'll fit his $5 mill cap hit in there over the next 3-4 years.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I struggle with getting picks that aren't in the top 10. Outside of the top 10, or top 20 in a good draft year, picks are such a crap shoot.

I struggle with getting picks that aren't in the top 10. Outside of the top 10, or top 20 in a good draft year, picks are such a crap shoot.

Also from what I had read previously this is a weak upcoming draft class.

Back