Why do you play the putter you do?

I got my Nike Method 003 because Iiked the looks, but after using it all of last year, it puts a perfect roll on the ball .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question! I've been wondering about this for a few weeks myself and to be honest the best answer I got up with was "because it's a beauty!". But it doesn't really fit my game, so I've decided to go and have some putting lessons with a pro when I get the money and then buy me something that will fit my game.

I've always had toe-heavy putters, I might only have had three in my 15 years of playing but they where all alike. I'm wondering if a face balanced putter really does fit me better like I think it will :)

I'm using tapatalk and it's awfully bad

Seemore mFGP because it rolls nice. Custom fit at the factory was a bonus. It's a confidence thing and if you don't think it will go in the hole it likely won't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to THP, that's why I play the Cleveland Smart Square...and I'm soooo glad I've got this putter, it's awesome!

Best feeling putter. Is my scotty

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I play by Odyssey because it feels right. It also lines up where I want it to without feeling strange. Fits my eye. I guess there's just a ton of different reasons.... But for me, I'm all about feel. Kinda terrified about when the face is no more.......

My Scotty just fits and feels perfect every time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I believe the Ping Zing was made for me. Never have been more comfortable putting these last two months since I picked this guy up. Don't think I could ever go back to an insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be honest, I bought my SeeMore because my favorite player Zach Johnson plays one. When I first got it, I really hated it, even put it up for sale. Now I understand how to putt with a SeeMore, my putting has really got better. Now I would not trade it for any putter. Glad nobody bought it. :banana:

I gamed a Taylormade Monza Spider for a few years and putted very well with it.
Then they came out with the Ghost Spider and I got the opportunity to test one out.
After just a few putts, I was sold. That was 3 years ago and it's still in the bag.

because i make putts with it. the second i don't make putts, the putter changes.

I play my current putter, an Odyssey white hot XG #1 because I liked the blade style and it provided the best role/feel among others I tested at the time. I would absolutely be open to changing my style/shape or brand if I had a putter fitting or data that showed improved stroke....who wouldn't?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I won it on THP....no better reason than that :D

Seriously, I was a bit apprehensive having not gamed a blade putter for a long time, but first time on the course and I only had three 3-putts which were all down to operator error. Hopefully this trend will continue and it will stay in my bag for quite some time

Nothing nicer than pulling it out of the bag knowing how it came to be there

I had to buy a Seemore and see what the hype was about.

I fell in love with my FGP.

Give me confidence every time, I stand over a putt.

I was researching putters and came across the STX ProFIT series that has interchangeable weights and faces. They had a mallet (the #6) in the series with a large sight line which I like. I thought the whole concept was cool. One day in GolfSmith I saw that they had them on deep discount ($49.99) and I rolled it. Smoothest roll I ever felt in a putter up to that point. A couple of other people were waiting for me to put it down ... I didn't. I typically use the softest insert, as it's the one I'm best able to control in terms of my speed. It may be replaced some day, but for now it's in the bag.

SeeMore m7

I truly believe in the SPI method and am improving every day with my consistency.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I have to thank THP because I discovered seemore here, and I love my Si4.

for me, the best putter is a plumber neck blade, and I love the seemore system

SeeMore FGP.

I was messing around with putters one day in our local golf shop and I picked this one up. It wasn't the best looking putter I have seen, but with the RST and the feel for me, for $80 used, it was a no brainer. I was 3 putting at least a half a dozen greens before I got this putter, so call it what you want, but I feel this putter has REALLY helped my game. If I have two 3 putts a round, that's a lot now. It has become my favorite club in my bag and I will not even look at getting another putter as a backup unless it is another FGP.

The THP wheel was very, very good to me at the first THP outing I ever attended. My mFPG2 Seemore was the 1st prize given that night and I could not have been happier.

Mine was a groosman gift

I just added a Cleveland Classic HB1. Being a Clevelend staffer had me rolling a brand of putter in the store that I would've overlooked otherwise. The HB1 is a blade shape I'm familiar with, but with a plumbers neck that I am not familiar with. Regardless, I rolled it well in the store, and found one cheap enough on the Bay to experiment with it. It was delivered today, and it sets up really well to the ball, feels (sounds) pretty soft, and I'm really excited to get it out on the green.

I just added a Cleveland Classic HB1. Being a Clevelend staffer had me rolling a brand of putter in the store that I would've overlooked otherwise. The HB1 is a blade shape I'm familiar with, but with a plumbers neck that I am not familiar with. Regardless, I rolled it well in the store, and found one cheap enough on the Bay to experiment with it. It was delivered today, and it sets up really well to the ball, feels (sounds) pretty soft, and I'm really excited to get it out on the green.

Really like mine. Gently used and still looks great. Feels just as good as the odyssey I've got. Cleveland nailed it with these

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered to the store. I spent about an hour in there a few days back trying all their putters. The Cleveland was by far the nicest feeling. The ball felt so sweet coming off the face. They only had it in the pearl black though, so waiting for a satin chrome to arrive from Cleveland. Used a face balanced mallet for years. Putting is awful so fancied a total change. After just using the iPing app for the first time, it appears a face balanced putter is totally wrong for me anyway. What I thought was a straight stroke is in fact a slight to strong arc. Never would have thought. Hoping the new Cleveland (along with some dedicated practice) turns me into a putting demon!!

I've always played a milled face putter because I've never found an insert that could get along with. Up until recently it's been a blade type putter, but recently picked up my first non blade putter.

Bottom line for me is feeling off the face. If it just doesn't feel right It's mentally out of the running. Of course being able to make putts is paramount, but you can't make putts if you lack confidence.

Bottom line for me is feeling off the face. If it just doesn't feel right It's mentally out of the running. Of course being able to make putts is paramount, but you can't make putts if you lack confidence.

Amen. I've run through 4-5 different putters since getting my m5, but I keep coming back to it because of that aluminum insert. Just feels and sounds exactly how I want it to.

Back