Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponder MD2 wedge setup.

Through some trades/acquisitions I currently have a MD2 58* and a 60*

Pondered last night going to 56/60 combo but then thats a big gap from the 50.5 AW

So might be back to needing to secure another MD2 wedge, what are the odds anyone will have a 54* to trade for a 60* lol

And need to do it quick, like by next Wednesday

I am at 56/60 Mike and with the Apex GW I still dont feel like I have too big of a gap. I think you will be fine with that setup honestly, or you could bend 56 to 55

Ponder MD2 wedge setup.

Through some trades/acquisitions I currently have a MD2 58* and a 60*

Pondered last night going to 56/60 combo but then thats a big gap from the 50.5 AW

So might be back to needing to secure another MD2 wedge, what are the odds anyone will have a 54* to trade for a 60* lol

And need to do it quick, like by next Wednesday
I'm confused. Do you have a 56°? If you're pondering 56°/60° and you don't have one, you'd still have to add a wedge.

If you do have a 56°, why not bend it to 55° and go 50°, 55°, 60°?

Then you need a 54 to go with the 58 someone help the man out ;)

yeah might post in the marketplace on a whim, got a 60* and a smart sole wedge as trade bait

I'm confused. Do you have a 56°? If you're pondering 56°/60° and you don't have one, you'd still have to add a wedge.

If you do have a 56°, why not bend it to 55° and go 50°, 55°, 60°?

I have no 56, just 58* and 60* (dont ask)

I thought I was done pondering but after the last few weeks of going to GG and hitting Drivers and seeing 10+ yds better then my R11 I'm thinking really hard about a new driver, I hit the Nike Driver (non-tour head) in there head-to-head challenge last Saturday and was impressed with a few 284 yard drives I saw and the X2 Hot also produced similiar #'s, I did not get along with the Big Bertha but I did not try it with a regular shaft yet as my R11 has a stock stiff shaft but I was surprised with what I was seeing with the regular stock shafts from the X2 hot and Nike and of course I want to hit the SLDR, Bio Cell & Cell + and I want to give Cleveland a try with the 588, it's going to be a long process but I'm in no hurry and want to make sure I get fit properly....

Last edited:
The mashie F7 is a great club, very easy to hit and nice trajectory. Have you had a chance to hit the F7 yet?
I think you could add as much as .75" to the shaft and probably add some distance and probably some height to the ball flight as well.

I have not - how does the headshape compare to the F3? My minor annoyance with the Mashies lately, and one that I think has been contributing to my recent woes off the tee with them, is that they seem to have taller faces than my X Hot hybo, particularly the F3 seems to have a taller face than other FW's I've seen lately. This causes me to not really be sure where to set my tee height, which screws with my brain - if I could put all my hybos and fairway woods at the same tee height, I think it would simplify things.

Related question, how do the X Hot/X Hot Pro fairways compare in face height with the Mashie fairways (if anybody knows)?

Need a new 60* mine met a rock and the rock won.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Pondering a sun mountain club glider... Have yet to hear a bad thing about it. Have a few trips planned this summer and in the need of a new case.

Low spin driver that will come in around $100.

K15 and Fast 12LS could be fun.

I actually thought about both of these as well.

I have a 12* J40 I was going to post in the marketplace this evening, PM if you are interested and we can work something out

Pondering a new driver....either a Big Bertha or a BiO Cell ....NEED SNOW TO MELT SOON so I can get out there and demo these!

A Red Tie and a BB adapter...liking the Fubuki Z fairly well, but can't get that shaft out of my mind.

I have not - how does the headshape compare to the F3? My minor annoyance with the Mashies lately, and one that I think has been contributing to my recent woes off the tee with them, is that they seem to have taller faces than my X Hot hybo, particularly the F3 seems to have a taller face than other FW's I've seen lately. This causes me to not really be sure where to set my tee height, which screws with my brain - if I could put all my hybos and fairway woods at the same tee height, I think it would simplify things.

Related question, how do the X Hot/X Hot Pro fairways compare in face height with the Mashie fairways (if anybody knows)?

I tee my mashie fairways pretty low, not hybrid low but low. I think all the mashie fairways would be considered deep face fairway woods compared to most. They are not 3-deep deep, but still deep faced. I am not totally sure, but I think the callaway x-hot and pro and x2 hot would all be shallower faced woods than the mashies are. I don't hit the mashies from the fairway they are just tee clubs for me. F7 is a very forgiving club and I think if you could live with a little higher ball flight you could add .75" to the shaft and gain 10-12 yards.

A Red Tie and a BB adapter...liking the Fubuki Z fairly well, but can't get that shaft out of my mind.

DEADLY combination. I played that this weekend in DFW & unleashed some great drives. So much so that I have a serious ponder to give up my BIO Cell for this combo.

DEADLY combination. I played that this weekend in DFW & unleashed some great drives. So much so that I have a serious ponder to give up my BIO Cell for this combo.
Yes it is, I would have been perfectly content with it the way it is had I not hit one with a Red Tie. Dammit:alien:

Low spin driver that will come in around $100.

K15 and Fast 12LS could be fun.
Any interest in a Tour Edge Exotics XGC6 with a UST Tour SPX shaft and a Lamkin I-line grip? I'll even throw in a RocketTour headcover…

Any interest in a Tour Edge Exotics XGC6 with a UST Tour SPX shaft and a Lamkin I-line grip? I'll even throw in a RocketTour headcover…

he is looking for i20 irons. I know a guy:alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back