Your Best Golf Partner

Hands down, my wife.

Stories? Oh yea, there was this one time when we were the only ones on the course and we were on the back nine and ....oh wait....she made me promise never to tell that story. Never mind.

My wife forum member KellyBo . I also enjoy the heck out of playing with DawgDaddy and a bunch of other THP'ers!

I could easily ditto this statement. You three were the first THPers I played with. I sure do like playing with Kelly. She can carry a slacker around the course like it was her job!

First my dad. He passed in '89 though. Second my son & daughter.

3 of my best friends that I've know for years. Only get to play with them very occasionally due to distance and jobs. Less than once per year.

Always have fun with THPers too.

Hands down, my wife.

Stories? Oh yea, there was this one time when we were the only ones on the course and we were on the back nine and ....oh wait....she made me promise never to tell that story. Never mind.

Internet fist bump :D

I like playing with my dad, but he sees the game too differently from me for him to be my favorite. So I'm going with my uncle Mike. He can really play, and still enjoys himself while playing. I look forward to the day I beat him, but it's still a long way off.

And there are a few THPers I've been lucky enough to play with that are pretty awesome partners as well.

My favorite golf partner is my childhood best friend who I grew up playing with when we were kids, sneaking on the local muni course.
Unfortunately, he doesn't share my love for the game anymore and I'm lucky to get him out once or twice a year.

Currently it's the THPers I've started playing with locally.
They just seem to appreciate and enjoy the rounds that much more than my regular golfing partners.

My old boss. Great mentor!

My dad. Took a trip to Doral with him a couple years ago. Best time I've ever had.

I've been in quite a few 2-person leagues, and have had many golf partners. However, for the past 3 years my partner has been a member of our 55+ community. I met him at a league golf meeting 4 years ago, and since we were both new to the community, we were paired together. He was 78 years old at the time, 15 years my senior, and had been playing golf as long as I had (55+ years). We hit it off right away. He LOVED golf. He was constantly telling me how good I hit certain shots, and I always built up his game, which due to age had deteriorated a little. Even at his age he was always looking to get longer off the tee, and improve his iron play - he was very competitive, and played at least twice a week. He had a great mind, remarkable memory, and was a wealth of information on just about any subject.

He passed away about a month ago, but left a legacy of being a wonderful husband, father, friend, and a true gentleman. He will be missed.

My best friend Bart. We met our freshman year during our first golf practice and 11 years later I have logged more rounds with him than anyone.
He is a +2 and constantly encourages and drives me to be a better player

My best golf partner to play a round with would be my brother. When we were younger, we would battle it out on the golf course. He always had a way of pushing me to become better, which is funny with him being the younger of the two. Now that the years have passed and distance has made it difficult to play, I look forward to each and every opportunity to play a round.

Even though we don't golf often, has to be my good friend and neighbor. Not often you get to golf with a top D1 golf coach on a PGA course (Shell Open), but on top of that he is a genuinely good dude and when we golf its fun and just wants to enjoy the scenery and talk life and sports.

Sunday morning rounds with my dad. Hands down....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

the person i play best with is probably one of my teammates, but the person i like playing with the most is probably my dad

Mikedean441. Always have some good rounds

I can't pick one person, way too tough! But a few are:

My dad
My brother
My uncle Dave
THPers (shout out to those I have played with: ArmyGolf, hokiegolfer, checkered, Akrobby, Jaysfan, and gts1982 - probably playing with tequila4kapp and c0ncept next weekend, and the list will get much bigger come April!)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

So far my buddy back I WI that I played with most of the time and did WSGA tourneys with.
I am hoping my son ( currently 6months old now) will be in the future.

Back