Adams Introduces CB3 Irons

I'm looking to pick up some irons in the next month, if you don't pull a trigger by then I can send you mine and you can try them before buying.

do these irons get worn down quick. i love the black but the face and sole seems to get worn fast.

do these irons get worn down quick. i love the black but the face and sole seems to get worn fast.

Not any more than any other iron I've played. Even with the finish I think they wear ok. I have never been one to pay that much attention as wear has never put me off.

I'll try to snap some pictures later on.

Dude I remember when you sold your set on the marketplace. Still wish I had went for em, they are beauts! Got the feelers out on the bay now though for a set, might take me a while to get at the price I want but we shall see :D

There's actually a brand new set at the Golf Galaxy by my work for $499.

These are back on woot.com for $299 for 4-GW, for the folks looking at these.

To me the CB3's are one of the best irons out there. I bought some AP1's but the CB3's are still in my bag. I hit the CB3's straighter and longer than the AP1's. I will probably sell the AP1's and buy a back up set of CB3's, that how much I love them!!

I see you are a mid HC like me. How do you find them as far as forgiveness?

I see you are a mid HC like me. How do you find them as far as forgiveness?

Very forgiving, more than the AP1's. I also like that they are forged which feels really good. They also some great looking irons, guess you can say I am crazy about them. :)

I hit these today and I may be in love! The entire package just feels like a winner. I really would like to hit DPCs but no one has them around here. I may just jump all in on these. Plus I love the price point on these compared to current models I hit these were right for me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yea, the price is right on the CB3's , I think the best buy in irons right now. Woot has these for $299, stiff flex only.

Yea, the price is right on the CB3's , I think the best buy in irons right now. Woot has these for $299, stiff flex only.

how is the offset on these, i like the looks, shafts, the standard length works for me, no need to special order.

how is the offset on these, i like the looks, shafts, the standard length works for me, no need to special order.

Offset is not that bad, look on page 6 on this thread. There are some pics of the offset.

I'm a 20 hdcp just picked up set of these used iron play is what I need to work on most in my game hopefully I am not in over my head? I wanted something that was forgiving, forged and a game improvement iron that be a good fit for my game when I get better.

I'm a 20 hdcp just picked up set of these used iron play is what I need to work on most in my game hopefully I am not in over my head? I wanted something that was forgiving, forged and a game improvement iron that be a good fit for my game when I get better.

If that is what you wanted then you hit a home run witht he CB3s.

The exact same boat I was when I picked up mine. Took some getting used to a smaller head, but was worth it

The exact same boat I was when I picked up mine. Took some getting used to a smaller head, but was worth it

That's what I am hoping for I've tried using the SGI irons and have disliked them because of the turf interaction I am a picker and the SGI always feel like I need to take a divot. I am coming from the cleveland TA-5 irons so these will take time getting used to, but it should be well worth it in the long run.

That's what I am hoping for I've tried using the SGI irons and have disliked them because of the turf interaction I am a picker and the SGI always feel like I need to take a divot. I am coming from the cleveland TA-5 irons so these will take time getting used to, but it should be well worth it in the long run.

I'm the opposite. I tend to be a digger and my old irons were causing fat shot after fat shot.

I think you will like these just fine. What shaft did you get?

I'm a sweeper/picker and these with the KBS shafts were perfect for me. Swing with confidence and enjoy! You made a great choice!

JM

Pickers delight you say? May need to try these lut, haven't spent extensive time with them at all.

Way back in this thread there is a pretty good discussion on turf interaction. For me (ymmv) the sole of the club being slightly wider and somewhat variable provided me stability as I picked the ball off the turf. Almost like the rails do on a hybo or FW. Conversely, diggers like these soles because they stabilize and keep the club from going TOO deep and causing fat shots.

If you can deal with R flex shafts Mike, I'll box mine up and get them right out to you to try if you like.

They really are some quality clubs.

JM

Way back in this thread there is a pretty good discussion on turf interaction. For me (ymmv) the sole of the club being slightly wider and somewhat variable provided me stability as I picked the ball off the turf. Almost like the rails do on a hybo or FW. Conversely, diggers like these soles because they stabilize and keep the club from going TOO deep and causing fat shots.

If you can deal with R flex shafts Mike, I'll box mine up and get them right out to you to try if you like.

They really are some quality clubs.

JM

Appreciate the gesture, once I get my swing under control I may take you up on that. Not doing my clubs or yours any justice with the hacks I'm putting on them now. Will certainly need to read up in here.

All you gotta do is say the word. Just let me know if you need them. Right now they are just sitting as I do THPMC prep.

JM

Relatively new to the sport, at 47, and looking for advice. Started out late last year playing some clones I bought and found I loved the game. I have progressed to where I now shoot about 90 and realize my clubs are too soft, too flat, and too short. Educating myself some and hitting many clubs in the past month, with a couple fittings, I find I prefer a soft feel on a good hit. I really liked the mp h4, but this early in the game find them a bit pricey. Next fave wilson v2. I wanted them so badly I tried to hit them well on four separate occasions at GS (last set sale at 499 ). I just do not have the control yet to make them work for me consitently. That being said, I saw the wilson m3 with the advertised feel of the v2 and more forgiveness. Can't find them anywhere to touch!!! wilson customer service was no help. Research lead me to the similarities, right down to the designers maybe, of the m3 in the adams cb3. quality cb3's can be had at a great price! I have not found any locally to hit either. would you think there is a greater than $200 value to be had in the m3 over the cb3? Kind of rambly, I apologize

Relatively new to the sport, at 47, and looking for advice. Started out late last year playing some clones I bought and found I loved the game. I have progressed to where I now shoot about 90 and realize my clubs are too soft, too flat, and too short. Educating myself some and hitting many clubs in the past month, with a couple fittings, I find I prefer a soft feel on a good hit. I really liked the mp h4, but this early in the game find them a bit pricey. Next fave wilson v2. I wanted them so badly I tried to hit them well on four separate occasions at GS (last set sale at 499 ). I just do not have the control yet to make them work for me consitently. That being said, I saw the wilson m3 with the advertised feel of the v2 and more forgiveness. Can't find them anywhere to touch!!! wilson customer service was no help. Research lead me to the similarities, right down to the designers maybe, of the m3 in the adams cb3. quality cb3's can be had at a great price! I have not found any locally to hit either. would you think there is a greater than $200 value to be had in the m3 over the cb3? Kind of rambly, I apologize

I've never gamed the M3 so have nothing to compare. I will say that if forgiveness with a great feel is what you are after, the CB3's meet that. I think even if you paid $299 or so and didn't like them, someone on here would jump at buying them based on some recent interests.

I'm the opposite. I tend to be a digger and my old irons were causing fat shot after fat shot.

I think you will like these just fine. What shaft did you get?

the set I got was used paid around 200 with Kbs black pearl shafts

Back