Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys see this?

I'm already doing 11 events(plus OC) and opted not to go down there.Good job letting everyone know,Andrew would be proud!

Almost forgot to do my Yahoo fantasy roster. Got it in just in time - phew.

I've officially given up on fantasy golf this year. Just cannot remember to do it enough.
This is me too. There has been one week so far where I've remembered to actually do it. Not that I know what I am doing anyway.

I still have to sign up. This a nice course?
IMO, Shenendoah is nicer, but Kaluhyat is more difficult. And by not being as nice as Shenendoah, Kaluhyat is still in my top 5 nicest courses I've played (Shenendoah is in my top 3).

Thanks guys, it's pretty painful right now but I have good meds and a good caretaker. My gf has been a saint since she stopped crying ha.

I just keep telling myself it could have been worse. It really should have, I was lucky. We will see how the office visit goes Friday, it will give me a better understanding of what's to come.
Man Rob...that looks painful. Good luck at the Doctors on Friday, I'm still hoping you'll be healed in time for the Seemore Event.

IMO, Shenendoah is nicer, but Kaluhyat is more difficult. And by not being as nice as Shenendoah, Kaluhyat is still in my top 5 nicest courses I've played (Shenendoah is in my top 3).

I hope we can play golf anywhere by April 21.

But I couldn't play this anyway, leaving for Italy 2 days later.

Thanks Jimmy, he honestly came to mind first...as long as he's not gonna push the Cobra stuff on me too hard,
I can't pull off the flat brim Puma hats :)

Nope he wouldn't at all. When I was contemplating the Amp Cell Pros he put me through the fitting and told me to take a week to think about it. If I decided I didn't want them after a week he'd then charge me for the fitting.

I hope we can play golf anywhere by April 21.

But I couldn't play this anyway, leaving for Italy 2 days later.
Same here buddy. The snow just won't go away....

OK guys, after hearing how beneficial fittings are I really want to have one done.

Found an interesting thread on this.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?24328-Club-Fittings

I would rather pay for a fitting from someone that really knows their stuff but isn't going to push a sale on you.
I'd rather have my irons modified if I need any adjustments if possible.
Don't want to get a free fitting at a big box or retail store cause all they want to do is sell you something
and who knows how much the "kids" working their really know their stuff.

Any recommendations on local places?

Mark is definitely great. If you are up for a longer drive - Big Oak here in Rochester will get you dialed in as well and will have all the different companies to swing.

Last edited:

Just finished at Valle Sports with 18 on the Sim. I booked two bays in the indoor range from 1-2 on Sunday and then we have one of the Sims from 2-4 afterwards.

The bays are $25 each for an hour - that is total not person. Figured one bay can be set up for full swings and the other bay for chipping and putting.

Last headcount we have 5 - Golds, Six4three5, Maddog, Shankosarous and myself.

Last edited:
Just finished at Valle Sports with 18 on the Sim. I booked two bays in the indoor range from 1-2 and then we have one of the Sims from 2-4.

Playing hooky?

Playing hooky?

Had to pick the parents up at the airport late last night, so I took the day off. Figured I would get some golf in with it.

Just finished at Valle Sports with 18 on the Sim. I booked two bays in the indoor range from 1-2 and then we have one of the Sims from 2-4.

I wish I could be there,won't even make Paddock this weekend!

I am terrified to hit a real ball after weeks of playing on a sim. I don't even remember what a real ball flight looks like!!!

I am terrified to hit a real ball after weeks of playing on a sim. I don't even remember what a real ball flight looks like!!!

You won't see the full ball flight but it won't go 12 feet in front of you. :)

You won't see the full ball flight but it won't go 12 feet in front of you. :)

It might if it was real grass, after playing on indoor turf I'll probably come out this spring hitting thin shots.

yeah I was feeling like that last week heading to florida, but after 1-2 swings, everything was ok

yeah I was feeling like that last week heading to florida, but after 1-2 swings, everything was ok

With the winter we've had it must have been great getting away to Florida and playing some golf.

With the winter we've had it must have been great getting away to Florida and playing some golf.

Yes it was awesome, managed to play 3 rounds even if ai wasnt really there for golf.

Coming back to -25 celcius was cruel

I figure you guys would be the best to ask. I'm living in Ottawa, but am thinking of taking a road trip down to somewhere I could golf. My wife and I just got preliminary approval for a small mortgage to get a small starter home (sick of renting!), so she doesn't want to do a real vacation (were thinking of NYC for a week :( ). We're going down to Niagara Falls anyway, and could conceivably just drive south for a bit. My question is, how far south would we likely have to go to find some decent golf? Would we have to get all the way down to Myrtle?

I figure you guys would be the best to ask. I'm living in Ottawa, but am thinking of taking a road trip down to somewhere I could golf. My wife and I just got preliminary approval for a small mortgage to get a small starter home (sick of renting!), so she doesn't want to do a real vacation (were thinking of NYC for a week :( ). We're going down to Niagara Falls anyway, and could conceivably just drive south for a bit. My question is, how far south would we likely have to go to find some decent golf? Would we have to get all the way down to Myrtle?

How soon are you taking your trip bud? If it's soon you might have to drive all the way to Florida!! lol! But it all depends on when you're taking your trip.

How soon are you taking your trip bud? If it's soon you might have to drive all the way to Florida!! lol! But it all depends on when you're taking your trip.

Sunday lol

Sunday lol

Haha yeah unfortunately I think you're going to have to just keep heading south until you don't see the god awful white stuff every where!! Today was actually the coldest day ever recorded in March in our area :( Have safe travels and let us know what you find! I'll live through you for your round! lol!

the ball is terrified when i stand up to hit it. lol always be aggressive:banana: in your approach to hitting something with a club.

Sunday lol
My suggestion to you would be to go to the weather station.... www.wunderground.com and scroll down the map of the US(the current temperatures will be there)and you can see how far south you actually have to go in order to play.Also clicking onto "Maps"on upper page,you can click on the webcam of your choice.Then opt for the weather at that point.It's very detailed and current. Congrats on your mortgage!

Sunday lol

I would love to tell you upstate New York is as far as you need to go, but that couldn't be any further from the truth. Georgia right now is even getting snow sporadically so you will definitely need to keep track of storms and weather but you will definitely need to go south. Sorry for the bad news, it's bad news for everyone on this thread actually lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back