Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I play in the Bolingbrook and Woodridge area. Not any good, but I have fun.

Sent from my Note 3

There's some good tracks over there. Village Greens isn't bad. Bolingbrook GC is expensive, but nice. Mistwood is reeeeaaally nice and 7 Bridges is right there as well.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

I keep hearing good things about mistwood. I will have to try it out. I pay zigfield troy (par 3) and Boughton ridge. This year. I will play more 18 hole courses.

Sent from my Note 3

Pay = play

Sent from my Note 3

I think another must play is Blackstone. THP event out there would be pretty awesome.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

works now yes I to had a blast on the sim. today will be going again next week for sure till spring arrives ... if ever.

Sims make me sane during the winter. I enjoy it because it gives me time to get my new clubs dialed in.

I think another must play is Blackstone. THP event out there would be pretty awesome.

I concur, very interesting layout. The par 4's are really good. The greens are awesome... And fast! The par 3's can be daunting, although I played with a group playing the back tees. Blackstone is a course to put on the list if you have not been there. Watch golf now for deals as it is pricy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think another must play is Blackstone. THP event out there would be pretty awesome.]

Completely Agree. The course is solid beginning to end. Always in great condition. And fun for all abilities.

Have any of you tried Tee2Green Golf in Huntley? I've been there a couple of times over the winter. Not sure it gets a whole lot better in the Illinois Winters! 5 Simulators. Back room has putting and chipping area (including a bastardized version of a sand trap), and a large hitting net. Not to mention a lot of TVs, bags (or "Cornhole"), and a full bar.

It's definitely not the real thing, but looking out my window right now, it's the best thing going!

Have any of you tried Tee2Green Golf in Huntley? I've been there a couple of times over the winter. Not sure it gets a whole lot better in the Illinois Winters! 5 Simulators. Back room has putting and chipping area (including a bastardized version of a sand trap), and a large hitting net. Not to mention a lot of TVs, bags (or "Cornhole"), and a full bar.

It's definitely not the real thing, but looking out my window right now, it's the best thing going!

That sounds awesome.....

I concur, very interesting layout. The par 4's are really good. The greens are awesome... And fast! The par 3's can be daunting, although I played with a group playing the back tees. Blackstone is a course to put on the list if you have not been there. Watch golf now for deals as it is pricy.

I think it's a little deceptive from the road as you drive by. All you really see are holes 10 and 11. Looks barren without much "nature." Couldn't be further from the truth! I truly think if more people would play there, it would move up the ranks of course in Illinois. (Unfortunately, the prices are starting to reflect that a little more!)

I love their burgers but the Big Beef with mozzarella and hot peppers is my favorite....with a slice of chocolate cake of course!

Italian combo sandwich for me... Italian beef + Italian sausage + peppers/onions + sauce + cheese = Mmmmmmmmmmmm (and probably takes a few months off of the old lifespan).

I think it's a little deceptive from the road as you drive by. All you really see are holes 10 and 11. Looks barren without much "nature." Couldn't be further from the truth! I truly think if more people would play there, it would move up the ranks of course in Illinois. (Unfortunately, the prices are starting to reflect that a little more!)

Yeah we always snag last minute golf now deals for less than $35

Yeah we always snag last minute golf now deals for less than $35

Which is an outstanding value for the quality!

As a side note, the clubhouse is also nice. There are worse places to spend some time than the veranda overlooking 18!

I've played Blackstone a few times (when they first opened). Now they are asking for like $80 on the weekend. I agree that finding a deal on Golf Now is the way to go.

Btw, I asked the guy who was working at the Highlands of Elgin when he thinks the course is opening. He said they are looking at mid April! He said the have 36 inches of frozen ground.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You guys know of any golf courses that are open now? Say like 30 mins from the city. My in laws are coming into town and I'm trying to set up a tee time for this Friday. Looks like it'll reach into the 40s then. I know cog hill is open year long but wondering what other options there are. I know most courses still have snow on them from this dreaded winter.

Just bought a golf membership here in Michigan City and established handicap. Pro told me, with the bad winter...course would be open late march ( normally) . With the clean up,.hard freezes..etc... Looks like late April, early may..

Says course took a beating. I'm sure this answer he gave me is universal for all the courses in the area

Sims make me sane during the winter. I enjoy it because it gives me time to get my new clubs dialed in.

Made it out to Wisconsin Indoor Golf Center on Sunday. Overall not too bad. Was surprised they had the High Definition Golf Simulators. I scored about the same on an actual course so i think it was pretty good practice. Obviously the putting will never be perfect. Best part is i didn't have much 'rust' on the game, and should be able to start out at the range without too many fixes.

Made it out to Wisconsin Indoor Golf Center on Sunday. Overall not too bad. Was surprised they had the High Definition Golf Simulators. I scored about the same on an actual course so i think it was pretty good practice. Obviously the putting will never be perfect. Best part is i didn't have much 'rust' on the game, and should be able to start out at the range without too many fixes.

Putting can always be a real challenge on those. Have you used different simulators? I am curious how High Definition Golf adds up. Is there a popular brand that is used most widely in simulator use? I went to Wisconsin Dells yesterday and used Full Swing Golf and I actually enjoyed it, but everything is played off the sides in fairway/rough/sand. It also did not have club head speed or spin at all. I have gone to Mr. Golf by Green Bay and was not too much of a fan of that one because it was rather beat up. Have you gone to http://www.hoerthstorage.com/golf.html. I have been wanting to try this one, but I try not to mess with a good thing when it works after the bad experience I had at Mr. Golf.

You guys know of any golf courses that are open now? Say like 30 mins from the city. My in laws are coming into town and I'm trying to set up a tee time for this Friday. Looks like it'll reach into the 40s then. I know cog hill is open year long but wondering what other options there are. I know most courses still have snow on them from this dreaded winter.

Cog Hills courses are open year round???

Not sure you'll find something that close. Sounded like Springfield and Champaign might have been about the closest.

Putting can always be a real challenge on those. Have you used different simulators? I am curious how High Definition Golf adds up. Is there a popular brand that is used most widely in simulator use? I went to Wisconsin Dells yesterday and used Full Swing Golf and I actually enjoyed it, but everything is played off the sides in fairway/rough/sand. It also did not have club head speed or spin at all. I have gone to Mr. Golf by Green Bay and was not too much of a fan of that one because it was rather beat up. Have you gone to http://www.hoerthstorage.com/golf.html. I have been wanting to try this one, but I try not to mess with a good thing when it works after the bad experience I had at Mr. Golf.

Generally it was not too bad. I could tell the sims were definitely used. I have a feeling the sim tops out at about 150 mph ball speed though. I had a few at 148 but I caught one real good and it didn't register. Brother in law was swinging harder than me and he had quite a few it couldn't pick up. I didn't have much of a problem getting distances right so I think it was fairly effective. I have not been in a simulator in probably 10 years (aside from the demo ones at GG). So I have no comparison. Haven't been to Mr Golf (I assume that is the old Golf Shack on 41). Been by the FDL location many times but not stopped in. We have nothing comparable in appleton.

Cog Hills courses are open year round???

Not sure you'll find something that close. Sounded like Springfield and Champaign might have been about the closest.

Cog Hill #1 and #3 are generally open year round. Obviously, this depends on snow cover.

Some of the Cook County Forest Preserve courses are also open year round dependent on weather. Even with the snow we're getting tonight, I think it will be all gone by the weekend. You can try George Dunne National or Highland Woods. It'd be worth giving them a call. I bet if you find an open course, you could just walk on without any issues.

Cog Hill #1 and #3 are generally open year round. Obviously, this depends on snow cover.

Some of the Cook County Forest Preserve courses are also open year round dependent on weather. Even with the snow we're getting tonight, I think it will be all gone by the weekend. You can try George Dunne National or Highland Woods. It'd be worth giving them a call. I bet if you find an open course, you could just walk on without any issues.

Great info to know!

Back