Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Anyone ever been to Harborside? Heading there in 2 weeks for my Vokey Fitting. Seems to have a pretty good practice/fitting area.

I'm getting married in Milwaukee next weekend and want to get a round in mid-week with some friends driving from IL. Any chance any courses around the city are open yet?

I'm getting married in Milwaukee next weekend and want to get a round in mid-week with some friends driving from IL. Any chance any courses around the city are open yet?
I think most have opened up at this point but like spring in the Midwest the weather fluctuates greatly

I think most have opened up at this point but like spring in the Midwest the weather fluctuates greatly
I can't find anywhere that has open tee times 4 days from now, assuming because they're not open but I'll keep checking

I can't find anywhere that has open tee times 4 days from now, assuming because they're not open but I'll keep checking
I’m further out west, and most of the courses are open around here, but the online teetimes aren’t on yet and you have to call the courses.

What area you looking at Northern Illinois , Southern Wisconsin?

Border just got hit with some snow the other day but hopefully it will be gone soon. Here is a nice course in Vernon Hills called White Deer Run which is open. Which is about an hour south of Milwaukee
Some others I checked aren't open yet like you said.
Unfortunately I'm flying in to Milwaukee and not getting a car (plus gotta keep the bride happy) so anything further than about 30 minutes from downtown is probably ruled out.

I have 2 Permanent tee times there on Saturday morning.
Anyone is interested in playing Highlands of Elgin in 2024 should hit me up.
Looks like I might have a couple of openings at Highlands for this Saturday at 9am.
PM if your interested...

Looks like I might have a couple of openings at Highlands for this Saturday at 9am.
PM if your interested...
I love that course. I'll try to come over later this year if there's an opening.

PM if your interested...
Have family in town this weekend or I'd be there. Enjoy the round!

Any of you Illinois guys ever play Woodbine Bend golf course in Stockton? My course has a reciprocal through there and I've heard it's pretty nice.

Any of you Illinois guys ever play Woodbine Bend golf course in Stockton? My course has a reciprocal through there and I've heard it's pretty nice.
It's a good course over on the west side of Illinois by Galena. I've played it a few times as the boss has a place in Galena so we always do a trip out that way. It's a fun links style course that was pretty well maintained from my memory and also had a good restaurant but it's been 2 years since I've been there. The boss still plays it once a year as he gets a reciprocal from this Galena Golf Club membership. If you are making a trip out that way there's also Wolf Hollow in Lena plus of course the Territories courses including the General in Galena.

It's a good course over on the west side of Illinois by Galena. I've played it a few times as the boss has a place in Galena so we always do a trip out that way. It's a fun links style course that was pretty well maintained from my memory and also had a good restaurant but it's been 2 years since I've been there. The boss still plays it once a year as he gets a reciprocal from this Galena Golf Club membership. If you are making a trip out that way there's also Wolf Hollow in Lena plus of course the Territories courses including the General in Galena.
Nice! Yeah I'm pretty close to Galena and yet I've never played there. Seems like I need to take a day to do some golfing in that area.

Nice! Yeah I'm pretty close to Galena and yet I've never played there. Seems like I need to take a day to do some golfing in that area.
I know people :ROFLMAO: . Let's see if we can't get something planned for this summer.

We've stopped and had food there in the way out to Galena. Looks great and good was really good.

Back