Who takes care of the cooking in your house?

We kind of take turns, one cooks the other cleans up. The wife does all the grilling, to keep me from turning everything into charcoal.

Im too good at dishes to cook all the time, she cooks most of the time but we both can cook and bake fairly well id say.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My gf does all the cooking. She's a very good cook and she bakes well too. She enjoys it, so I let her do her thing. Once in awhile I'll cook steaks or scallops while she handles the side dishes. That's about as far as my cooking skills go, aside from cooking eggs & bacon or mac & cheese. Our rule is that I go grocery shopping & she cooks the food.

I'd say 75/25 that I do majority of the cooking. When ddec had a different job and was home first he used to do a lot of the cooking.

60/40 me usually. We make dinner a lot together tho also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do most of it even more now that my wife is pregnant

My wife does everything. Partially because of my work schedule and the long hours (leave early get home late) but mainly because she is a saint and does anything she can to make my life easier. I will usually do all the grilled food but outside of that she does everything else

I'm 41. Our family is vegetarian and I take care of a lot of the cooking but it's pretty close to 50/50 between my wife and I.

If it's the grill that is my domain, everything else is Momma's except for when we have a cold rainy Sunday and I'm stuck in the house, then I'll whip up one of my Mom's classics

Cooking use to be an outlet for me, and I still do 99% of the cooking. Lately it's been more of a chore though, and we've been eating out a lot. With the kid coming we need to cut down on that, which means I better find my love for cooking again.

I would say it's about 50/50. I cook all the traditional stuff and my wife is the "experimenter" in the kitchen.

Yours truly.

Cooking use to be an outlet for me, and I still do 99% of the cooking. Lately it's been more of a chore though, and we've been eating out a lot. With the kid coming we need to cut down on that, which means I better find my love for cooking again.

...and then that kid lands and you have no energy for anything other than grabbing some subway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids are so spoiled when it comes to food that it's not even funny. My wife is a fantastic cook. She makes authentic Italian from family recipes. But she's a full-time kindergarten teacher, so we don't get much of it during the school year, except during vacations. I'm a pretty darn good cook myself, though. I actually do BBQ catering as a side/hobby business, so I'm always cooking something. What we'll typically do is my wife will prep some kind of casserole or meal big enough for leftovers while I'm playing golf on Sunday. We'll eat that for a couple of nights and then I'll take over for the rest of the week. I'll cook a couple of tri-tips or a bunch of chicken and we'll use it for kids' lunches (sandwiches), then make burritos, nachos, sandwiches for dinners during the week.

I guess I could have just said that we split the cooking duties. :banghead:

I'd say I do a majority, but each of us handle specific dishes or something we may want to try!

While I am entering the world of semi-retirement, the wife and I both work. We find that we either eat out or order delivery more than we cook. On such occasions, I will do the basic stuff, the wife will cook the more complicated stuff. However, I have found that the most beneficial item for domestic tranguility has been the weekly visit by the "Merry Maids" as opposed to who does the cooking.

My wife does most of it during the winter, but during the the spring/summer/fall it is about 50/50 as I like to grill at least 2-3 nights per week

My wife cooks about 90% of the time. Come spring and summer I'll grill a bunch and it'll move to about 60/40 her but she's an awesome cook and I do the dishes so we're happy

I cook one night a week. Generally Wednesdays, it's just a special night off for Liz and always a surprise as to what I'm going to fix. Couple weeks ago we had beer butt chicken, pork chops one night, both very good, but last weeks mexican chicken was ugly bad, lol.

I do the breakfasts and for dinners we are usually both contributing in the kitchen. My wife makes most of the kids bag lunches because she gets up 20 minutes earlier than me. My wife travels for work about 80 nights each year so when she is gone we usually eat out. Kids do 90% of the cleanup while my wife and I relax with a beer and glass of wine.

We share the cooking. I am a pretty good cook in regards to main dishes and desserts. My wife is much better than I am at vegetables and salads. Beef bourguignon, Chicken with figs, paella, jambalaya and gumbo are some of my better dishes.

Any vegetable I make is randomly overcooked or undercooked

I cook one night a week. Generally Wednesdays, it's just a special night off for Liz and always a surprise as to what I'm going to fix. Couple weeks ago we had beer butt chicken, pork chops one night, both very good, but last weeks mexican chicken was ugly bad, lol.

Ha, I had a very bad mexican pork night last week myself. Turns out you can screw things up in a slow cooker.

Ha, I had a very bad mexican pork night last week myself. Turns out you can screw things up in a slow cooker.

Lol, yes you can! I only added a couple ingrediants to spice it up a touch... bad move, haha.

My wife and I both cook. Some of my specialties are spaghetti, lasagna, chili, stuffed pork chops, meatloaf, potato soup, and anything on the grill.

Back