DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't any anymore. The Leesburg golf store closed last year. They couldn't keep up with the big box stores, golfsmith & dicks in sterling

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That's a bummer. I thought there was a boxy store down there. Thanks for the help!

You might find some good deals in the Adidas outlet ... I find some nice climacool shirts in there sometimes

Also the Adidas outlet, Nike and Under Armor store as well. Of the 3 the Adidas has the best selection for golf clothes.

Let me know what they say, I may be available.

Blue Ridge said they still have about 50% snow coverage. Saturday afternoon is still debatable but they will definitely be open on Sunday. I am thinking of working half day on Monday and playing in the afternoon ... supposed to be near 60! :bananadance:

Does anyone know of any area within an hour of DC that will be playable tomorrow Saturday?

Depending on what side of DC you are on, the shore is clear...Queenstown, River Marsh in Cambridge.

Blue Ridge said they still have about 50% snow coverage. Saturday afternoon is still debatable but they will definitely be open on Sunday. I am thinking of working half day on Monday and playing in the afternoon ... supposed to be near 60! :bananadance:

Got notice yesterday I have to work tomorrow but it looks like it's a no go anyway. I wish I could join you Monday but we are short inspectors so my only option is the following weekend.

I am hoping in 2 weeks snow will have melted and temps will be climbing back to where they should be.

I would really like to get a round in somewhere. Maybe we could do a roll call and see who is interested.

I'm in. Just let me know when and where!

Just joined THP and I live in Annapolis and work at Andrews.
Looking forward to some decent weather and hopefully meeting all you "hackers" in the NCR for some golf!
:golf:

Anyone looking to play tomorrow afternoon?? I am working half day probably .... was thinking around 1 or so. I work in Alexandria ... so anything close to hear would be good. Greendale, Pohick Bay, Laurel Hill (a little $$) .... anywhere ... just wanna get out and whack the little white ball around!
BTW .... there was a 2 hour wait just to hit balls at Top Golf in Alexandria yesterday! Needless to say, I did NOT wait for that!!

I'm in. Just let me know when and where!

Cool. I was Air Force and stationed at Andrews from 95-99. Have to get a round in one day.

Anyone looking to play tomorrow afternoon?? I am working half day probably .... was thinking around 1 or so. I work in Alexandria ... so anything close to hear would be good. Greendale, Pohick Bay, Laurel Hill (a little $$) .... anywhere ... just wanna get out and whack the little white ball around!
BTW .... there was a 2 hour wait just to hit balls at Top Golf in Alexandria yesterday! Needless to say, I did NOT wait for that!!

I'm off tomorrow & would love to get out and play with you. Only problem is I just sold my clubs and putting them in the mail today. Ordering some new irons this week.

As for Top Golf...you should have went down to Hill Top on Telegraph..only a few miles away.

Just joined THP and I live in Annapolis and work at Andrews.
Looking forward to some decent weather and hopefully meeting all you "hackers" in the NCR for some golf!
:golf:

I am a resident of Annapolis as well. Anytime you may want to get together for a round, just let me know. Just understand that I am an Army vet living in Annapolis and if you look up the term "Hacker" in the Dictionary of American Sports Jargon, my picture is there.

I am a resident of Annapolis as well. Anytime you may want to get together for a round, just let me know. Just understand that I am an Army vet living in Annapolis and if you look up the term "Hacker" in the Dictionary of American Sports Jargon, my picture is there.

Aren't we all just "Hackers" anyway?? That's why we are on this site! :clapp:

OK .... who is playing hookie this afternoon??? Anyone want to get out and hit the little white (or yellow) ball around and chase after it and hit it again?? Let me know

OK .... who is playing hookie this afternoon??? Anyone want to get out and hit the little white (or yellow) ball around and chase after it and hit it again?? Let me know

As much as I'd love to, I can't. Get out there and enjoy it before the rain comes tomorrow!

Playing Bull Run this Saturday, 1st time out in a while. Taking my dad and younger bro out for a whooping!

Sure wish I could have...it was awesome weather today!
hope you got out there!

Not a bad day on the course yesterday. My first official round (because of the weather of course) with my new Titleist AP1/AP2 combo set. And I have to say ... what an unbelievable set of irons these are! Shots are true and never left where I was aiming. The only mistakes were mine and mine alone ... not the club. The forged feeling of the AP2's is so good .... having not played forged since I was in high school 25 years ago, I forgot what it was like. They are amazing clubs! A few shots never left the flag .... 4 shots inside 3 feet! Of course, with the greens so wet they were very soft so it was no problem stopping it. What I liked most was the feel & trajectory ... with the combination of the Project Xpxi shafts and the soft forged heads .... such a great boring trajectory on the low irons and a high soft landing on the mid irons.
Overall very pleased with my ball striking for only have been to the range a few times during this lovely winter we are having. GIR 15/18 ... Fairways 12/14 ... sand saves 1 ... and unfortunately 4 3-putts :banghead: Without those I played extremely well for this time of year. Greens are going to be like this for quite some time so its going to be hard to score. Bumpy, footprints, slow, etc. still shot +2 74 which is great for me.
Needless to say I love my new sticks and can't wait for the weather to break for good! :banana:

Booked SAT 3/15 1:03PM Twin Lakes - Lakes Course off Golfnow.com for $37. Two tee times still available at the site. Not sure how the course will play but worth a shot.

wish i could this weekend ... but I have a birthday party on saturday for one of my kids and a honey do list on sunday.

wish i could this weekend ... but I have a birthday party on saturday for one of my kids and a honey do list on sunday.

I'm right there with you. I have a birthday party for my oldest on Saturday and a LONG honey do list for Sunday. All I can say is at least it's starting to get warm so the days of golf will start to increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back