DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow Hackers .... new to the site ... NoVa (Leesburg). Would love to get out with some of you guys and play some golf! As soon as Old Man Winter leaves us anyway! Let's do this! Maybe make this a regular thing ... get a bunch of us together during the week or weekends for some fun, competitive golf. Make some new friends, have some beers, etc on a regular basis! Let me know! :golf::drinks:

Fellow Hackers .... new to the site ... NoVa (Leesburg). Would love to get out with some of you guys and play some golf! As soon as Old Man Winter leaves us anyway! Let's do this! Maybe make this a regular thing ... get a bunch of us together during the week or weekends for some fun, competitive golf. Make some new friends, have some beers, etc on a regular basis! Let me know! :golf::drinks:

Welcome to the thread. I usually post where I'm playing on the weekend. I'm super cheap so always use Golfnow or teeoff for tee times. I'll be playing the 11:06 Sunday @ 1757. Well, if it stays open that is =).

Playing Swan Pt. down in Issue, Md this Sunday at 10. Great course - just wish it wasn't so far away!

Playing Swan Pt. down in Issue, Md this Sunday at 10. Great course - just wish it wasn't so far away!

Love that course! Beautiful ... haven't been there in years :banghead:

I actually am supposed to play in a Golfweek event next Saturday at Stonewall - never played it. Any reviews / tips? I'm still kind of on the fence, as I am not crazy about paying the full price for a course that can't possibly be anywhere near ready for an event.

Welcome to the thread. I usually post where I'm playing on the weekend. I'm super cheap so always use Golfnow or teeoff for tee times. I'll be playing the 11:06 Sunday @ 1757. Well, if it stays open that is =).

Yeah you need GolfNow for 1757 ... that place isn't cheap! I don't think it's worth the money honestly ... its just because of the location.

I actually am supposed to play in a Golfweek event next Saturday at Stonewall - never played it. Any reviews / tips? I'm still kind of on the fence, as I am not crazy about paying the full price for a course that can't possibly be anywhere near ready for an event.

I can't make myself pay that much for a course, especially this time of year when it's not going to be in tip top shape.

I can't make myself pay that much for a course, especially this time of year when it's not going to be in tip top shape.

Yea, the fee for the tourney is 99.00 - I don't know how the courses actual in season rates.

7000 yards from the tips, slope 143 so pretty difficult, fairly wide fairways but huge greens so be in the right place and get your distances down (otherwise 3 putt central)

nice course in the spring & summer because they try to compete with RTJ right across Lake Manassas ... so they keep it in pretty good shape

Yea, the fee for the tourney is 99.00 - I don't know how the courses actual in season rates.

What's the tourney for?? Any openings??

Yeah you need GolfNow for 1757 ... that place isn't cheap! I don't think it's worth the money honestly ... its just because of the location.

I only play in the winter for $30 or less. It's not that great for anything over $45.

Right now it's $31.50 with discount on site. And it's also 20% off on my BoA card so it stacks. Costing about $25 to play.. It is winter so that seems fair.

My concern regarding playing next Saturday would be the weather. When the heck is this cold going away. I really wish our Canadian friends would take their weather back.

At this rate we may not play until April !! I am so sick of winter! After I am done hunting, winter should just abruptly END!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I like Stonewall and put it up there with Westfields and Raspberry as some of my favorite courses in the area. I don't play it very often because like Westfields and Raspberry, it is pretty spendy. I think their in season rate is $109 or something like that Their staff does a great job in maintaining the course in season and everytime I've played, it's usually in great shape. Full Price would be tough this early in the season especially with the weather.

Like Golfinnut said, the fairways are pretty open but there are a couple of holes where houses on the right side of the fairway are in striking distance. I've never hit one but I've paired up with some golfers who have. The greens can be challenging on some holes because they are big. During the summer the greens run fast but this time of year, it's hard to tell. All the par 3s are over water/hazards. I think #17 plays longer then expected. I'm not a very long hitter so all the par 5s are usually 3 shots for me with the exception of #18. With a descent drive in the fairway, I can sometimes get on on 2 with a fairway wood.

Well this sucks...
a9a6ytaq.jpg

That's the clubhouse and storage building at Locust Hill in Charles Town, WV.
Total loss, buildings, equipment, and 80 golf carts.
No injuries, but still sad to see.

I saw that yesterday! No a good way to start the season for that club. And we are about to get another 6-8" of snow tomorrow

Damn, that sucks. Hopefully they have decent insurance and plan to rebuild.

Damn, that sucks. Hopefully they have decent insurance and plan to rebuild.

Actually my wife works for their agent (they're avid golfers too). They're going to rebuild, just don't know how long it'll take.

I saw that. I used to play there when I lived in Martinsburg . Sad really

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Started raining on the back 9 @ 1757 today. Still finished the round. Bogeyed 18 for a 78. Was nice to have 90 degree rule all day. Way better than cart path only.

Started raining on the back 9 @ 1757 today. Still finished the round. Bogeyed 18 for a 78. Was nice to have 90 degree rule all day. Way better than cart path only.

nice playing! must've been nice to get out :)

Hey guys I was directed to this thread because I am living in VA. I am way down in the southwest though. I was wondering if anybody else is down this way? I'm right between blacksburg and bristol.

Hey guys I was directed to this thread because I am living in VA. I am way down in the southwest though. I was wondering if anybody else is down this way? I'm right between blacksburg and bristol.

I wish i was out in that area. Golf for you is much cheaper than northern va.

Yeah even the nicer courses here are reasonable. I live in a rural area so nothing super nice really close anyway. Beautiful settings as well.

Yeah even the nicer courses here are reasonable. I live in a rural area so nothing super nice really close anyway. Beautiful settings as well.

Nice welcome to THP. You found a great place! Hopefully we will be able to get some people together for a round once the weather improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back