Big Bertha Torque Wrench - Was that the scariest experience of anyone else's life?

Haha yes - I honestly thought I was going to break the gravity core the first time i used it.

I had no idea so few people interacted with torque wrenches before golf. Golf wrenches are a little loud than regular torque wrenches, but I dig the positive feedback.

I miss the Nike Str8 fit wrench that lit up and beeped.

I still can't get the APW to click and don't fasten it too tight for fear of breaking it. So yes I am a bit scared lol.

I had bought my used TM SuperTri with a wrench, but NO directions. I didn't know that I was supposed to tighten it until it clicked! I only found out when I went to a Golfsmith store to try some different shafts for the SuperTri. When the salesman made it click, I was sure he had broken the screw! I was sooooo lucky that that head didn't fly off when I was at the range or at the course before I knew!!!

I am used to turning until the wrench clicks so I wasn't worried about the shaft but when I was torquing down the adjustable weight I thought it was going to strip. Just felt like higher torque than what I expected.

I was messing around with my Big Bertha 3 days ago. It seems like more effort is required to make the Callaway wrench click than previous wrenches I have used. Has anyone found that to be the case or perhaps I am just getting weak?

I have a slightly older (2012 I THINK) Cobra amp 5w that is adjustable. Played with it a little and never heard a click when I put it back on. Anyone know if those are supposed to click too?

Now I'm scared...

Back