My first trip to the chiropractor on Monday

Glad it is helping. A few more visits and you'll have those 30 yard back. :)

Hope you get some good relief Bullitt! I'll be following along to see how it goes.

I have been seeing a chiropractor for about a year and I agree with most posts that it does work. I believe results are mixed but it could definitely provide results. Good luck and thank you for your service.

Went and played my first round of golf in a while today after my 3 visits.

My back does not hurt after walking 18 holes, that's progress in itself. I didn't hit the ball very well today, but it was to be expected. One thing that I did notice is that I was still swinging like I was worried about hurting my back again, but as the round went on I got more comfortable with actually making an aggressive pass at the ball. I got into some bad habits when I was playing with back pain, so I have to break those but so far, so good on the pain and soreness.

I struggled with driver and wedges today, but I'm sure they'll get better in the next week as I continue my chiropractor appointments and get more confident that I'm not going to be laid up again if I actually swing the club.

It was just a good day on the course because I was playing as pain free as I've been in months. I almost backed out of Hilton Head a couple weeks ago because of the pain and stiffness in my back, now I couldn't be more excited to get out there with fellow THPers.

Went and played my first round of golf in a while today after my 3 visits.

My back does not hurt after walking 18 holes, that's progress in itself. I didn't hit the ball very well today, but it was to be expected. One thing that I did notice is that I was still swinging like I was worried about hurting my back again, but as the round went on I got more comfortable with actually making an aggressive pass at the ball. I got into some bad habits when I was playing with back pain, so I have to break those but so far, so good on the pain and soreness.

I struggled with driver and wedges today, but I'm sure they'll get better in the next week as I continue my chiropractor appointments and get more confident that I'm not going to be laid up again if I actually swing the club.

It was just a good day on the course because I was playing as pain free as I've been in months. I almost backed out of Hilton Head a couple weeks ago because of the pain and stiffness in my back, now I couldn't be more excited to get out there with fellow THPers.

That is great to hear we will need to get out for a round together with the weather seeming like it is starting to turn.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Good luck Bullit. I hope everything works out for you.

Had my chiropractor appointment today and it made me think of you and your progress. How are you feeling?

Tappin it up

Had my chiropractor appointment today and it made me think of you and your progress. How are you feeling?

Tappin it up

Slow but steady progress. My lower back is starting to stabilize after 7 visits now, there's less pelvic tilt every time I go in.

I have one more week of going 3 times a week schedules and hopefully it stabilizes enough that I can back off to twice a week and eventually once a week because it's starting to get expensive. But I'm feeling so much better the cost is worth it right now.

It is actually causing some new issues in my golf swing because I haven't been able to turn my hips separate from my shoulders for quite a while so there's some timing issues involved.

I finally broke down and gave up.

I have suffered with back and hip pain since an accident in 2003 that screwed me up pretty badly. I ended up with 3 fused vertebrae in my neck, a fused left ankle and some destroyed disks in my lower back. But I was a tough Soldier and kept running and doing physical training and refused to admit that I was no longer capable of doing those things.

Fast forward to today and many years of pain medication, anti-inflammatory drugs and even a few epidurals and I finally decided to go see a chiropractor to see if it will relieve some of the pain and possibly give me back some flexibility in my lower back and hips. Since my last flair up, I have been unable to really recover and nothing seems like it wants to move anymore. A golfing buddy of mine has been telling me for the past year that I should go to a chiropractor because it does wonders for him and his golf game as he has a bad back as well.

So I broke down and I'm going. No more tough guy.

Do any of you see a chiropractor on a regular basis, and how much does it help?

I see one on a regular basis - at least monthly. I really don't know that 'd be able to play without the help I get from him. He is a golfer as well, so he understands what needs to be done to keep me in the game.

Slow but steady progress. My lower back is starting to stabilize after 7 visits now, there's less pelvic tilt every time I go in.

I have one more week of going 3 times a week schedules and hopefully it stabilizes enough that I can back off to twice a week and eventually once a week because it's starting to get expensive. But I'm feeling so much better the cost is worth it right now.

It is actually causing some new issues in my golf swing because I haven't been able to turn my hips separate from my shoulders for quite a while so there's some timing issues involved.

It's great to hear you're getting better! I have to say you can always adjust your golf swing but there's nothing better than feeling better and knowing the treatments are working!

Glad to hear you're feeling better and I'm sure you're not unhappy with the new swing issues :)

Glad to hear you're feeling better and I'm sure you're not unhappy with the new swing issues :)

Nope. One lesson with the pro today and I'm striking the ball much better.

Nope. One lesson with the pro today and I'm striking the ball much better.

Awesome to hear. And a good problem to have. Glad to know you're sticking with it. Getting to that maintenance phase of treatment is much easier on the bank account for sure compared to a repair phase. Keep it up!

Back