Houston Area THP group

Deer Park is at 80% right now for Saturday... not sure on the amount though. Hopefully the wind will help dry out the course some, though.

Where did you see that Jank?

I can't start this weekend, but I'd like to get in on a round with you all in the near future if you can handle playing with a high handicapper. I don't think I'd slow you all down too much.

I can't start this weekend, but I'd like to get in on a round with you all in the near future if you can handle playing with a high handicapper. I don't think I'd slow you all down too much.

im open anytime CRW, do you get the chance to play any during the week?

Come out and play and dont worry about the handicap. We all just want to hang out and have fun. would love to have you out soon.

Where did you see that Jank?

The always correct weather.com for Deer Park... It was just under the weekend page though, not the hourly one.

The always correct weather.com for Deer Park... It was just under the weekend page though, not the hourly one.

I looked there and it said 10% for Sunday so hope that part is correct :act-up:

I'm off all next week too if anyone can shake free during the week at all and wants to play. If we get 4 I've got a free foursome at Southwyck .

I should have been a weatherman, get to be wrong 80% of the time and make 80k a year. Granted you can't go on tv in July and say it's gonna snow but how many times a year do they say no rain and we get blasted, or say we'll be we all day and it's sunny

im open anytime CRW, do you get the chance to play any during the week?

Not unless it's a work holiday. I'm off on weekends. Sat mornings will be out for 6 weeks starting in April because my son will be starting First Tee. But I should be fine most Saturday afternoons or any time on Sundays.

Course should be fine, drains well for the most part. If windy though, should make for an interesting round.

Last weekend out there the greens were firm don't count on spinning anything greens were medium fast but course was still brown all the way thru, but it's been warmer this week so it may be starting to turn green

I can spin the ball anywhere. I'm a pro :)

That seems really unusual for BG. It seems like most of the time I play there, the greens are semi-receptive. I don't mind firm greens though. Firmer greens usually putt well.

They did roll well, no complaints there but they were very firm.

HAGA today got canceled which I was fine with after getting water logged yesterday at Eagle Pointe. Should have called that one after 9 holes, but wasn't my call. Rescheduled HAGA for next Sunday the 23rd. Anyone free any days this week to play some once we dry out? I'm free any day except Wednesday, I have a swing evaluation at Golfsmith Baybrook at 2:30 that afternoon. But any other days and times I'm free and would love to get out somewhere, anyone else?

Coming home for a week starting tomorrow. Would love to get out and get a few rounds in in the next week. If anyone in the H-town area are available this week, send me an email at cferguson1978@gmail.com and We can exchange numbers. Any day would be great and the course of your choice, Im open to anywhere. Just NEED to get out.

CFerg and I have a 2:30 tomorrow (Tuesday) at tour 18 if anyone wants to jump in and try to make it a foursome caught it for $35 on golf now.

what's up houston group. mikeg linked me over here. anyway my cousin and i try to get a round every weekend. i'm currently down for the count. my left collarbone is sore and i think i pulled my left pec muscle. i'm def swinging something wrong. i'm RH. any suggestions?

-noel

what's up houston group. mikeg linked me over here. anyway my cousin and i try to get a round every weekend. i'm currently down for the count. my left collarbone is sore and i think i pulled my left pec muscle. i'm def swinging something wrong. i'm RH. any suggestions?

-noel

you injured it playing golf? Just sounds like an odd soreness from a golf swing? I could see a golf exaggerating an existing muscle pull or something though. Then again I'm not a DR and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either.

on another note, anyone up for anything this weekend????

This weekend is my pseudo anniversary weekend since next weekend in in Lake Charles for the Invitational so I'm out

i got in on the wildcat groupon deal with the 10 lessons and 7 rounds. went to my first lesson: full swing fundamentals. they basically showed me pulling inside on my backswing, like super inside. doing this causes me to hit line drives with no loft most of the time and not hitting behind the ball (another sign is no divots w/ pw or 9 with my normal swing)

coach showed me a little drill with alignment rods and a tee about a 8 inches behind the ball. making me swing on the same plane as the tee and the ball. they also made me have a wider stance than my usual setup. idea being wider base, less sway.

i played at sharpstown this sat and sun. shot a 98 & 102. my normal rounds are usually 105-115 and up, so it's doing something. just gotta keep on practicing. if anyone is around the energy corridor/westchase area, i usually go to the range by the west houston hospital of richmond

i got in on the wildcat groupon deal with the 10 lessons and 7 rounds. went to my first lesson: full swing fundamentals. they basically showed me pulling inside on my backswing, like super inside. doing this causes me to hit line drives with no loft most of the time and not hitting behind the ball (another sign is no divots w/ pw or 9 with my normal swing)

coach showed me a little drill with alignment rods and a tee about a 8 inches behind the ball. making me swing on the same plane as the tee and the ball. they also made me have a wider stance than my usual setup. idea being wider base, less sway.

i played at sharpstown this sat and sun. shot a 98 & 102. my normal rounds are usually 105-115 and up, so it's doing something. just gotta keep on practicing. if anyone is around the energy corridor/westchase area, i usually go to the range by the west houston hospital of richmond

Were those 10 lessons, "lessons" or clinics? I am near Reliant about 10 min drive from Wildcat. I am usually up for playing an afternoon (4pm-5pm) round.

Were those 10 lessons, "lessons" or clinics? I am near Reliant about 10 min drive from Wildcat. I am usually up for playing an afternoon (4pm-5pm) round.

since this was the first one i don't know if they're going to keep doing this. all the lessons consist of 10 people for an hour. there were 2 coaches. we got split up into super beginner and intermediate+. super beginners got taught grip, stance, posture. i was part of the other group. the coach then talked to us and recorded our swings on his ipad and gave us a drill to work on after our evaluation. he was with each of us about 10 min. i guess it's more of a clinic.

Sounds about right, it is better than nothing though. Good luck, maybe we can catch an afternoon round one day. I don't work to far from Wildcat.

I'm free all day Wednesday if anyone wants to catch one more practice round somewhere before we head off to Lake Charles

Back