Swinguru for Kinect xbox

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
http://www.swinguru.com/newsletter-...tm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It is now possible to trial swinguru with your xbox kinect. I have been waiting for this, or something similar for some time now. I'm glad I never bought the optishot or p3proswing as of yet. I'll be watching this closely, and would be really interested if you guys could do a review (if you own a xbox). Whoo hoo super pumped!
Unsure if this is for the new Xbox one, or just the 360. I'll research this more as well.

This and realistic lightsaber fighting are what I've been waiting for on a kinect

Wow that is pricey! I have a kinect and this would be awesome to help groove a swing in the winter but dang it that a lot of sheckles.

From what I see on their website, although it uses the Kinect camera, it doesn't use the Xbox at all...you plug the Kinect into a PC to run the software.

From what I see on their website, although it uses the Kinect camera, it doesn't use the Xbox at all...you plug the Kinect into a PC to run the software.
on the link I posted under my swinguru 1.2 bottom paragraph it says;
My Swinguru 1.2 is available
My Swinguru 1.2 has been released soon after PGA Show! If you didn’t upgrade yet, please contact us. The main new features are the following : cloud-based user management, swings statistics per user, support for both Kinect & Open NI cameras, and more! It is also now possible to trial & use My Swinguru with a Kinect for Xbox!

Thats all the info about it I could find. I emailed them for info on how to start the trial with the xbox.

on the link I posted under my swinguru 1.2 bottom paragraph it says;
My Swinguru 1.2 is available
My Swinguru 1.2 has been released soon after PGA Show! If you didn’t upgrade yet, please contact us. The main new features are the following : cloud-based user management, swings statistics per user, support for both Kinect & Open NI cameras, and more! It is also now possible to trial & use My Swinguru with a Kinect for Xbox!

Thats all the info about it I could find. I emailed them for info on how to start the trial with the xbox.
It sounds like they may use the drivers to connect the Xbox version to a pc. There is a Kinect for the PC and for Xbox--if they allow you to use either version and have the drivers for it that is pretty cool. Less likely that they would have a software on the Xbox, but it sure would be cool.

This is very cool. In one of the videos, it's looks like they are using the old 360 Kinect sensor, which I have. Is there a price for the software? I didn't look.

Edit: $395 wow. Pro is $895!

Last edited:
This is very cool. In one of the videos, it's looks like they are using the old 360 Kinect sensor, which I have. Is there a price for the software? I didn't look.

I may go for the 30 day free trial if I can plug in my current Kinect camera on the pc (based on the update it appears that is the case) Keep in mind true 3d kinetic Sequencing analysis is thousands of dollars with K-vest if you want to own it for own use, this may be a good deal if it truly analyzes tilt, kinetic sequence, weight transfer and then tells you how to fix it. I'm not saying it is at this point without a trial, but I am definitely wanting to find out more.

Wow saw the title and was like yes. Then the price tag hit me. Before I jumped on the bandwagon I would need some serious reviews.

Well heard from swinguru. The original Kinect for xbox will work with swinguru with the Ac adapter/power supply that comes with it for pc. One came with mine. You can get a 30 day free trial.
But then he said; "Hey lionel, for the moment you can plug the Kinect 1 (Xbox 360) on your computer with a USB adaptator. In the future, we'll be fully compatible with Kinect 2 AND Xbox one."

Well that is good enough for me. Got my xbox one already, now to wait.
I will wait for the xbox one version as the kinect sensor is 10x better. here are a few facts about how the kinect 2 is vastly superior to the original, and maybe the free trial is worth waiting for on xbox one.
-can detect up to 25 joints on up to 6 people at once
-full skeletal and muscular tracking
-can detect facial expressions
-can detect your heartbeat
-uses active IR scanning so lighting won't be an issue
-can distinguish between 2 voices talking at once.
-1080p camera
-biometric scanner, so you can switch between players without using a controller

Hope they come out with that soon!

Last edited:
So I have hooked this up with the xbox 360 kinect. It definitely works. It seems you may not be able to download your videos without buying. Still trying to figure it all out.

OMG!!! The pro is almost as much as my yearly membership!!! That's out of control but I guess if you have the money to spend, why not?

So I have hooked this up with the xbox 360 kinect. It definitely works. It seems you may not be able to download your videos without buying. Still trying to figure it all out.

Nice, keep us informed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Awesome, keep us posted! Im really interested in this it seems great. Don't really use the Kinect so this might help get some use outta it haha

Cool, I had to order the AC adapter since I had the newer 360 that did not need one--was only 6 bucks on ebay. I definitely want to try this thing out after I get the adapter. The thought of 3d video analysis without having to wear vests or sensors in some lab is very interesting.

Well they just updated to 1.3 which appears to allow you to export videos. This was a quick basement test. Poor lighting and the swing looked bad :)

This looks sweet. Cant wait to hear more from you Jugger

I ma just glad it does not identify my collapsing left arm in my backswing :)

Well they just updated to 1.3 which appears to allow you to export videos. This was a quick basement test. Poor lighting and the swing looked bad :)

looks sweet. Like how it breaks up the swing, and shows the faults in each section. I was going to wait till its out for xbox one kinect 2, but I may not be able to wait.
Jugger18 is that the 30 day free trial? Also do you get everything with the trial you'd get with the pay version?

It is the 30 day trial. With the previous version you did not get the online swing storage. As of yesterday you do

That looks pretty cool. We have a kinect, but no ceilings high enough for me to swing indoors.

My basement is 9 ft to the rafters. Can do about 6iron up but too afraid to swing hybrids or woods.

My basement is 9 ft to the rafters. Can do about 6iron up but too afraid to swing hybrids or woods.
I got lots of room... now. lol, I had to remove my ceiling fan so I could golf. My ceiling is like 20' high, but this fan was hanging down in the middle of the room. Once I bought my net it was gone in like 20 minutes.

Upgraded to 1.3 Video is slightly different and my swing was way better

Upgraded to 1.3 Video is slightly different and my swing was way better

Nice Video! You know its reading you as it pauses each step of the swing. Pretty cool.

Back